'Apostles and Elders' in the Bible
When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.
And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:
And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Apostles of Christ (3 instances in 35 translations)
- Chief Priests and Elders (13 instances in 28 translations)
- Counsel of the Elders (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Elders of Israel (40 instances in 28 translations)
- Elders of the Church (3 instances in 25 translations)
- Apostles, Authority In Church
- Apostles, Basis Of Authority
- Apostles, Commission Of
- Apostles, Description
- Apostles, During Jesus Earthly Ministry
- Apostles, Duties Of
- Apostles, Function In Early Church
- Apostles, Given Miraculous Power
- Apostles, Identfication
- Apostles, Miraculous Power
- Elders In Heaven
- Elders, as community leaders
- Elders, in the church
- False Apostles
- False Apostles, Prophets And Teachers
- The Apostles In Action