'Building the House' in the Bible
And Solomon's builders and Hiram's builders with the Gebalites wrought them, - thus made they ready the timber and the stones, for building the house.
(And the stones used in the building of the house were squared at the place where they were cut out; there was no sound of hammer or axe or any iron instrument while they were building the house.)
Now when Solomon came to the end of building the house of the Lord and the king's house, and all Solomon's desires, which he had in mind were effected;
Now, the following, is an account of the tax which King Solomon raised, for building the house of Yahweh and his own house, and Millo, and the wall of Jerusalem, - and Hazor and Megiddo, and Gezer.
And David gave orders to get together all the men from strange lands who were in the land of Israel; and he put stone-cutters to work, cutting stones for building the house of God.
Now, my son, the Lord be with and prosper you in building the house of the Lord your God, as He has spoken concerning you.
Then Solomon made a start at building the house of the Lord on Mount Moriah in Jerusalem, where the Lord had been seen by his father David, in the place which David had made ready in the grain-floor of Ornan the Jebusite.
Now these [were] the measurements of Solomon for building the house of God: the length in cubits by the former measurement [was] sixty cubits, and the width [was] twenty cubits.
So Solomon came to the end of building the house of the Lord and the king's house; and everything which it was in his mind to make in the house of the Lord and for himself had been well done.
Then Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua, the son of Jozadak, got up and made a start at building the house of God at Jerusalem: and the prophets of God were with them, helping them.
And thus they returned us answer, saying, We are the servants of the God of heaven and earth, and are building the house that was builded these many years ago, which a great king of Israel builded and finished.
And he prophesying speaks to men for building the house, and entreaty, and encouragement.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- As for Me and My House (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Build Me a House (4 instances in 15 translations)
- Build My House (2 instances in 19 translations)
- Build the House (34 instances in 20 translations)
- Building a Temple (9 instances in 13 translations)
- Cloud Filled the House of the Lord (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Court of the House of the Lord (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Courts of the House of the Lord (5 instances in 8 translations)
- Defile The House (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Doorkeeper in the House of My God (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Dwell in the House of the Lord (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Elders of the House of Israel (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Filled the House of the Lord (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Foundation Of The House (8 instances in 19 translations)
- Foundation Of This House (2 instances in 17 translations)
- From House to House (7 instances in 39 translations)
- House Divided Against Itself (2 instances in 25 translations)
- House for My Name (13 instances in 22 translations)
- House of Bondage (13 instances in 14 translations)
- House of David (31 instances in 35 translations)
- House of God (187 instances in 40 translations)
- House of Israel (160 instances in 38 translations)
- House of Judah (44 instances in 36 translations)
- House of Prayer (7 instances in 39 translations)
- House of the Lord (241 instances in 14 translations)
- Lord Filled The House (5 instances in 9 translations)
- Master of the House (21 instances in 38 translations)
- Owner Of The House (16 instances in 14 translations)
- Put Your House In Order (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Rebellious House (12 instances in 18 translations)
- Reign Over the House of Jacob (1 instance in 32 translations)
- Set Your House in Order (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Stand in the House of the Lord (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Unless the Lord Builds the House (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Zeal for Your House (2 instances in 12 translations)
- Zeal Of Thine House (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Adornment, Of Buildings
- Bethel The House Of God
- Born In One's House
- Building Altars
- Building Cities
- Building God's Dwelling
- Building Houses
- Building Jerusalem's Wall
- Building Stones Rejected
- Building Up The Church
- Counting Buildings
- Destruction Of Houses
- Dimensions Of Buildings
- Entering Houses
- Filling Houses
- Foundations Of Buildings
- God's Storehouses
- Heads Of Priestly Households
- House Of God
- Household Gods
- Houses Under Attack
- Living In Houses