'Burnt Offering' in the Bible
So he took his firstborn son, who was to become king in his place, and offered him as a burnt offering on the city wall. Great wrath was on the Israelites, and they withdrew from him and returned to their land.
Then Naaman said, "If not, then please let a load of soil on a pair of mules be given to your servants, for your servant will never again bring a burnt offering and sacrifice to other gods, [but] only to Yahweh.
And when they went in to offer sacrifices and burnt offerings, Jehu put eighty men outside and said, Whoever leaves alive any of the men whom I have brought into your hands, his life shall be for that of the other.
As soon as he had finished offering the burnt offering, Jehu said to the guards and to the officers, Go in and slay them; let none escape. And they smote them with the sword; and the guards or runners [before the king] and the officers threw their bodies out and went into the inner dwelling of the house of Baal.
King Ahaz burned his burnt offering and his cereal offering, poured his drink offering, and dashed the blood of his peace offerings upon that altar.
And King Ahaz commanded Urijah the priest: Upon the principal (the new) altar, burn the morning burnt offering, the evening cereal offering, the king's burnt sacrifice and his cereal offering, with the burnt offering and cereal offering and drink offering of all the people of the land; and dash upon the [new] altar all the blood of the burnt offerings and the sacrifices. But the [old] bronze altar shall be kept for me to use to inquire by [of the Lord].
He made his son into a burnt offering, practiced witchcraft, used divination, and consorted with mediums and spirit-channelers. He practiced many things that the LORD considered to be evil and provoked him.
because they have forsaken me and have burnt offerings unto other gods, to anger me with all the works of their hands. Therefore is my wrath kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Altar of Burnt Offering (21 instances in 14 translations)
- Burnt Offerings (185 instances in 26 translations)
- Burnt Sacrifice (96 instances in 12 translations)
- Delight in Burnt Offerings (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Drink Offering (71 instances in 20 translations)
- Fellowship Offering (83 instances in 4 translations)
- Freewill Offering (27 instances in 16 translations)
- Grain Offering (145 instances in 10 translations)
- Guilt Offering (39 instances in 8 translations)
- Heave Offering (57 instances in 11 translations)
- Lamb for a Burnt Offering (16 instances in 13 translations)
- Offering By Fire (50 instances in 16 translations)
- Offering for Sin (86 instances in 37 translations)
- Offering Made by Fire (50 instances in 14 translations)
- Peace Offering (88 instances in 17 translations)
- Sacrifice of the Peace Offering (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Sin Offering (132 instances in 20 translations)
- Trespass Offering (36 instances in 8 translations)
- Wave Offering (48 instances in 15 translations)
- Animal Sacrifice, Free Will Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Burnt
- Animal Sacrifices, Heave Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Meal Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Peace Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Sin Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Trespass Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Wave Offering
- Burnt offering
- Drink offering
- Fellowship Offering
- Freewill Offering
- Grain Offering
- Guilt Offering
- Making Cereal Offerings And Libations
- Meat offerings
- Offering Sacrifices
- Offerings, Figurative
- Offerings, Old Testamnent Kinds Of
- Peace offerings
- Permitted To Eat Offerings
- Regulations For Cereal Offerings
- Regulations For The Sin Offering
- Remaining Offerings
- Sin Offering
- Thank Offering
- Wave Offerings
- Child sacrifice
- Provoking God
- Idolatry, Wicked Practices Of
- 2 more topics on Burnt
- 28 more topics on Offering