'Burnt Offering' in the Bible
You slaughtered my children and presented them as burnt offerings to idols.
And the chambers and the entries thereof were by the posts of the gates, where they washed the burnt offering.
And in the porch of the gate were two tables on this side, and two tables on that side, to slay thereon the burnt offering and the sin offering and the trespass offering.
And the four tables were of hewn stone for the burnt offering, of a cubit and an half long, and a cubit and an half broad, and one cubit high: whereupon also they laid the instruments wherewith they slew the burnt offering and the sacrifice.
And these are the measurements of the altar [of burnt offering] in cubits. The cubit is a royal cubit [the length of a forearm and a palm of the hand]; the bottom or gutter shall be a cubit deep and a cubit wide, with a rim or lip round about it of a span's breadth. And this shall be the height of the altar:
And he said unto me, Son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; These are the ordinances of the altar in the day when they shall make it, to offer burnt offerings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon.
And you shall take of its blood and put it on the four horns of [the altar of burnt offering] and on the four corners of the ledge and on the rim or border round about. Thus shall you cleanse and make atonement for [the altar].
And thou shalt offer them before the LORD, and the priests shall cast salt upon them, and they shall offer them up for a burnt offering unto the LORD.
And when these days are expired, it shall be, that upon the eighth day, and so forward, the priests shall make your burnt offerings upon the altar, and your peace offerings; and I will accept you, saith the Lord GOD.
Yet they shall be ministers in my sanctuary, having charge at the gates of the house, and ministering to the house: they shall slay the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before them to minister unto them.
And one lamb out of the flock, out of two hundred, out of the fat pastures of Israel; for a meat offering, and for a burnt offering, and for peace offerings, to make reconciliation for them, saith the Lord GOD.
And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.
And seven days of the feast he shall prepare a burnt offering to the LORD, seven bullocks and seven rams without blemish daily the seven days; and a kid of the goats daily for a sin offering.
In the seventh month, in the fifteenth day of the month, shall he do the like in the feast of the seven days, according to the sin offering, according to the burnt offering, and according to the meat offering, and according to the oil.
And the prince shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate without, and shall stand by the post of the gate, and the priests shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings, and he shall worship at the threshold of the gate: then he shall go forth; but the gate shall not be shut until the evening.
And the burnt offering that the prince shall offer unto the LORD in the sabbath day shall be six lambs without blemish, and a ram without blemish.
On the day of the New Moon, [the burnt offering] is to be a young, unblemished bull, as well as six lambs and a ram without blemish.
Now when the prince shall prepare a voluntary burnt offering or peace offerings voluntarily unto the LORD, one shall then open him the gate that looketh toward the east, and he shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings, as he did on the sabbath day: then he shall go forth; and after his going forth one shall shut the gate.
Thou shalt daily prepare a burnt offering unto the LORD of a lamb of the first year without blemish: thou shalt prepare it every morning.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Altar of Burnt Offering (21 instances in 14 translations)
- Burnt Offerings (185 instances in 26 translations)
- Burnt Sacrifice (96 instances in 12 translations)
- Delight in Burnt Offerings (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Drink Offering (71 instances in 20 translations)
- Fellowship Offering (83 instances in 4 translations)
- Freewill Offering (27 instances in 16 translations)
- Grain Offering (145 instances in 10 translations)
- Guilt Offering (39 instances in 8 translations)
- Heave Offering (57 instances in 11 translations)
- Lamb for a Burnt Offering (16 instances in 13 translations)
- Offering By Fire (50 instances in 16 translations)
- Offering for Sin (86 instances in 37 translations)
- Offering Made by Fire (50 instances in 14 translations)
- Peace Offering (88 instances in 17 translations)
- Sacrifice of the Peace Offering (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Sin Offering (132 instances in 20 translations)
- Trespass Offering (36 instances in 8 translations)
- Wave Offering (48 instances in 15 translations)
- Animal Sacrifice, Free Will Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Burnt
- Animal Sacrifices, Heave Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Meal Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Peace Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Sin Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Trespass Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Wave Offering
- Burnt offering
- Drink offering
- Fellowship Offering
- Freewill Offering
- Grain Offering
- Guilt Offering
- Making Cereal Offerings And Libations
- Meat offerings
- Offering Sacrifices
- Offerings, Figurative
- Offerings, Old Testamnent Kinds Of
- Peace offerings
- Permitted To Eat Offerings