'Burnt Offerings' in the Bible
To what purpose cometh there to me incense from Sheba, and the sweet cane from a far country? your burnt offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet unto me.
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.
For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
Although they fast, I won't listen to their cry, and although they offer burnt offerings and grain offerings, I won't accept them. Instead, I'll put an end to them with the sword, with famine, and with a plague."
And they shall come from the cities of Judah, and from the places about Jerusalem, and from the land of Benjamin, and from the plain, and from the mountains, and from the south, bringing burnt offerings, and sacrifices, and meat offerings, and incense, and bringing sacrifices of praise, unto the house of the LORD.
They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:
Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Altar of Burnt Offering (21 instances in 14 translations)
- Burnt Offering (312 instances in 27 translations)
- Burnt Sacrifice (96 instances in 12 translations)
- Delight in Burnt Offerings (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Drink Offerings (51 instances in 16 translations)
- Freewill Offerings (13 instances in 15 translations)
- Animal Sacrifices, Burnt
- Burnt offering
- Making Cereal Offerings And Libations
- Meat offerings
- Offerings, Figurative
- Offerings, Old Testamnent Kinds Of
- Peace offerings
- Permitted To Eat Offerings
- Regulations For Cereal Offerings
- Remaining Offerings
- Wave Offerings