'Burnt Sacrifice' in the Bible
So they brought the ark of God, and set it in the midst of the tent that David had pitched for it: and they offered burnt sacrifices and peace offerings before God.
When David finished offering burnt sacrifices and peace offerings, he pronounced a blessing over the people in the Lord's name.
regularly offering burnt sacrifices to the Lord on the altar for burnt sacrifice, morning and evening, according to what is prescribed in the law of the Lord which he charged Israel to observe.
Ornan told David, "You can have it! My master, the king, may do what he wants. Look, I am giving you the oxen for burnt sacrifices, the threshing sledges for wood, and the wheat for an offering. I give it all to you."
King David replied to Ornan, "No, I insist on buying it for top price. I will not offer to the Lord what belongs to you or offer a burnt sacrifice that cost me nothing.
David built there an altar to the Lord and offered burnt sacrifices and peace offerings. He called out to the Lord, and the Lord responded by sending fire from the sky and consuming the burnt sacrifice on the altar.
Now the Lord's tabernacle (which Moses had made in the wilderness) and the altar for burnt sacrifices were at that time at the worship center in Gibeon.
David then said, "This is the place where the temple of the Lord God will be, along with the altar for burnt sacrifices for Israel."
And to offer all burnt sacrifices unto the LORD in the sabbaths, in the new moons, and on the set feasts, by number, according to the order commanded unto them, continually before the LORD:
The next day they made sacrifices and offered burnt sacrifices to the Lord (1,000 bulls, 1,000 rams, 1,000 lambs), along with their accompanying drink offerings and many other sacrifices for all Israel.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Altar of Burnt Offering (21 instances in 14 translations)
- Atoning Sacrifice For Our Sins (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Better Sacrifice (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Burnt Offering (312 instances in 27 translations)
- Burnt Offerings (185 instances in 26 translations)
- Delight in Burnt Offerings (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Desire Steadfast Love And Not Sacrifice (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Evening Sacrifice (7 instances in 15 translations)
- Lamb for a Burnt Offering (16 instances in 13 translations)
- Living Sacrifice (1 instance in 31 translations)
- Mercy and Not Sacrifice (3 instances in 17 translations)
- More Acceptable Sacrifice (1 instance in 4 translations)
- More Excellent Sacrifice (2 instances in 15 translations)
- Offer Sacrifice (72 instances in 34 translations)
- Sacrifice for Sins (4 instances in 33 translations)
- Sacrifice of Peace Offerings (33 instances in 10 translations)
- Sacrifice of Praise (9 instances in 34 translations)
- Sacrifice of the Peace Offering (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Steadfast Love And Not Sacrifice (1 instance in 1 translation)
- To Obey is Better Than Sacrifice (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Animal Sacrifice, Free Will Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, As A Type Of Christ
- Animal Sacrifices, Burnt
- Animal Sacrifices, Heave Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Meal Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Peace Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Sin Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Trespass Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Wave Offering
- Ashes Of Sacrifices
- Atoning By Sacrifices
- Blood Of Sacrifices
- Burning Sacrifices
- Burnt offering
- Child sacrifice
- Fat Of The Sacrifices
- Giving Sacrifices
- Human Sacrifices
- Killing Sacrifices
- Laying Hands On Sacrifices
- Millenial Sacrifices
- Offering Sacrifices
- Oil On Sacrifices
- Perfect Sacrifices