'Burnt Sacrifice' in the Bible
Solomon went up to the bronze altar before the Lord which was at the meeting tent, and he offered up a thousand burnt sacrifices.
Look, I am ready to build a temple to honor the Lord my God and to dedicate it to him in order to burn fragrant incense before him, to set out the bread that is regularly displayed, and to offer burnt sacrifices each morning and evening, and on Sabbaths, new moon festivals, and at other times appointed by the Lord our God. This is something Israel must do on a permanent basis.
He made ten washing basins; he put five on the south side and five on the north side. In them they rinsed the items used for burnt sacrifices; the priests washed in "The Sea."
Solomon consecrated the middle of the courtyard that is in front of the Lord's temple. He offered burnt sacrifices, grain offerings, and the fat from the peace offerings there, because the bronze altar that Solomon had made was too small to hold all these offerings.
Then Solomon offered burnt sacrifices to the Lord on the altar of the Lord which he had built in front of the temple's porch.
the food in his banquet hall, his servants and attendants in their robes, his cupbearers in their robes, and his burnt sacrifices which he presented in the Lord's temple, she was amazed.
And they burn unto the LORD every morning and every evening burnt sacrifices and sweet incense: the shewbread also set they in order upon the pure table; and the candlestick of gold with the lamps thereof, to burn every evening: for we keep the charge of the LORD our God; but ye have forsaken him.
Jehoiada then assigned the duties of the Lord's temple to the priests, the Levites whom David had assigned to the Lord's temple. They were responsible for offering burnt sacrifices to the Lord with joy and music, according to the law of Moses and the edict of David.
When they were finished, they brought the rest of the silver to the king and Jehoiada. They used it to make items for the Lord's temple, including items used in the temple service and for burnt sacrifices, pans, and various other gold and silver items. Throughout Jehoiada's lifetime, burnt sacrifices were offered regularly in the Lord's temple.
They closed the doors of the temple porch and put out the lamps; they did not offer incense or burnt sacrifices in the sanctuary of the God of Israel.
They went to King Hezekiah and said: "We have purified the entire temple of the Lord, including the altar of burnt sacrifice and all its equipment, and the table for the Bread of the Presence and all its equipment.
They brought seven bulls, seven rams, seven lambs, and seven goats as a sin offering for the kingdom, the sanctuary, and Judah. The king told the priests, the descendants of Aaron, to offer burnt sacrifices on the altar of the Lord.
Then the priests slaughtered them. They offered their blood as a sin offering on the altar to make atonement for all Israel, because the king had decreed that the burnt sacrifice and sin offering were for all Israel.
Hezekiah ordered the burnt sacrifice to be offered on the altar. As they began to offer the sacrifice, they also began to sing to the Lord, accompanied by the trumpets and the musical instruments of King David of Israel.
The entire assembly worshiped, as the singers sang and the trumpeters played. They continued until the burnt sacrifice was completed.
Hezekiah said, "Now you have consecrated yourselves to the Lord. Come and bring sacrifices and thank offerings to the Lord's temple." So the assembly brought sacrifices and thank offerings, and whoever desired to do so brought burnt sacrifices.
The assembly brought a total of 70 bulls, 100 rams, and 200 lambs as burnt sacrifices to the Lord,
There was a large number of burnt sacrifices, as well as fat from the peace offerings and drink offerings that accompanied the burnt sacrifices. So the service of the Lord's temple was reinstituted.
They slaughtered the Passover lamb on the fourteenth day of the second month. The priests and Levites were ashamed, so they consecrated themselves and brought burnt sacrifices to the Lord's temple.
Hezekiah appointed the divisions of the priests and Levites to do their assigned tasks -- to offer burnt sacrifices and present offerings and to serve, give thanks, and offer praise in the gates of the Lord's sanctuary.
The king contributed some of what he owned for burnt sacrifices, including the morning and evening burnt sacrifices and the burnt sacrifices made on Sabbaths, new moon festivals, and at other appointed times prescribed in the law of the Lord.
Afterward they made preparations for themselves and for the priests, because the priests, the descendants of Aaron, were offering burnt sacrifices and fat portions until evening. The Levites made preparations for themselves and for the priests, the descendants of Aaron.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Altar of Burnt Offering (21 instances in 14 translations)
- Atoning Sacrifice For Our Sins (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Better Sacrifice (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Burnt Offering (312 instances in 27 translations)
- Burnt Offerings (185 instances in 26 translations)
- Delight in Burnt Offerings (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Desire Steadfast Love And Not Sacrifice (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Evening Sacrifice (7 instances in 15 translations)
- Lamb for a Burnt Offering (16 instances in 13 translations)
- Living Sacrifice (1 instance in 31 translations)
- Mercy and Not Sacrifice (3 instances in 17 translations)
- More Acceptable Sacrifice (1 instance in 4 translations)
- More Excellent Sacrifice (2 instances in 15 translations)
- Offer Sacrifice (72 instances in 34 translations)
- Sacrifice for Sins (4 instances in 33 translations)
- Sacrifice of Peace Offerings (33 instances in 10 translations)
- Sacrifice of Praise (9 instances in 34 translations)
- Sacrifice of the Peace Offering (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Steadfast Love And Not Sacrifice (1 instance in 1 translation)
- To Obey is Better Than Sacrifice (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Animal Sacrifice, Free Will Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, As A Type Of Christ
- Animal Sacrifices, Burnt
- Animal Sacrifices, Heave Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Meal Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Peace Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Sin Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Trespass Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Wave Offering
- Ashes Of Sacrifices
- Atoning By Sacrifices
- Blood Of Sacrifices
- Burning Sacrifices
- Burnt offering
- Child sacrifice
- Fat Of The Sacrifices
- Giving Sacrifices
- Human Sacrifices
- Killing Sacrifices
- Laying Hands On Sacrifices
- Millenial Sacrifices
- Offering Sacrifices
- Oil On Sacrifices
- Perfect Sacrifices
- Regulating Sacrifices
- Right Sacrifices
- Sacrifice On The Bronze Altar
- Sacrifice, In Ot
- Sacrifice, Nt Fulfilment Of
- Sacrifices At The Doorway
- Self Sacrifice
- The Altar Of The Lord
- Fellowship Offering
- 2 more topics on Burnt
- 31 more topics on Sacrifice