'Carried Away Captive' in the Bible
But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the LORD'S flock is carried away captive.
The cities of the south shall be shut up, and none shall open them: Judah shall be carried away captive all of it, it shall be wholly carried away captive.
The LORD shewed me, and, behold, two baskets of figs were set before the temple of the LORD, after that Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, and the princes of Judah, with the carpenters and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon.
Thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel; Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans for their good.
Which Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon took not, when he carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah from Jerusalem to Babylon, and all the nobles of Judah and Jerusalem;
Even the prophet Jeremiah said, Amen: the LORD do so: the LORD perform thy words which thou hast prophesied, to bring again the vessels of the LORD'S house, and all that is carried away captive, from Babylon into this place.
Now these are the words of the letter that Jeremiah the prophet sent from Jerusalem unto the residue of the elders which were carried away captives, and to the priests, and to the prophets, and to all the people whom Nebuchadnezzar had carried away captive from Jerusalem to Babylon;
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon;
And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.
And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.
Then Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard carried away captive into Babylon the remnant of the people that remained in the city, and those that fell away, that fell to him, with the rest of the people that remained.
The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, after that Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard had let him go from Ramah, when he had taken him being bound in chains among all that were carried away captive of Jerusalem and Judah, which were carried away captive unto Babylon.
Now when all the captains of the forces which were in the fields, even they and their men, heard that the king of Babylon had made Gedaliah the son of Ahikam governor in the land, and had committed unto him men, and women, and children, and of the poor of the land, of them that were not carried away captive to Babylon;
Then Ishmael carried away captive all the residue of the people that were in Mizpah, even the king's daughters, and all the people that remained in Mizpah, whom Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard had committed to Gedaliah the son of Ahikam: and Ishmael the son of Nethaniah carried them away captive, and departed to go over to the Ammonites.
So all the people that Ishmael had carried away captive from Mizpah cast about and returned, and went unto Johanan the son of Kareah.
Then Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard carried away captive certain of the poor of the people, and the residue of the people that remained in the city, and those that fell away, that fell to the king of Babylon, and the rest of the multitude.
And the king of Babylon smote them, and put them to death in Riblah in the land of Hamath. Thus Judah was carried away captive out of his own land.
This is the people whom Nebuchadrezzar carried away captive: in the seventh year three thousand Jews and three and twenty:
In the eighteenth year of Nebuchadrezzar he carried away captive from Jerusalem eight hundred thirty and two persons:
In the three and twentieth year of Nebuchadrezzar Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard carried away captive of the Jews seven hundred forty and five persons: all the persons were four thousand and six hundred.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Anger is Not Turned Away (5 instances in 11 translations)
- Away From The Lord (36 instances in 16 translations)
- Away with Him (23 instances in 37 translations)
- Away with You (10 instances in 8 translations)
- Carried into Captivity (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Carried Into Exile (25 instances in 7 translations)
- Earth Will Pass Away (4 instances in 17 translations)
- Fall Away (47 instances in 36 translations)
- Go Away From Me (7 instances in 10 translations)
- Have Driven Them Away (3 instances in 4 translations)
- I Go Away (20 instances in 30 translations)
- Led Captivity Captive (2 instances in 19 translations)
- Put Away the Evil (14 instances in 14 translations)
- Shadow That Passeth Away (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Sheep Driven Away (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sorrow And Mourning Shall Flee Away (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Sorrow and Sighing Shall Flee Away (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Take Away Sins (5 instances in 33 translations)
- Take It Away From Me (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Takes Away the Sin of the World (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Turn Away Its Punishment (8 instances in 4 translations)
- World is Passing Away (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Driven Away By God
- God Far Away
- God Freeing Captives
- Gone Away
- Good Things From Far Away
- Groups Sent Away
- Individuals Passing Away
- Passing Away
- People From Far Away
- People Not Far Away
- People Passing Away
- Putting Away Other Gods
- Sending Things Away
- Taking Away Evil
- Things Passing Away
- Throwing Away
- Exile Of Judah To Babylon
- Babylon, Israel Exiled To
- 15 more topics on Away
- 2 more topics on Captive