'Day and Night' in the Bible
to differentiate between day and night, and to distinguish light from darkness. And God saw how good it was.
While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
Therefore shall ye abide at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation day and night seven days, and keep the charge of the LORD, that ye die not: for so I am commanded.
The people were up all that day and night and all the next day gathering the quail-the one who took the least gathered 33 bushels-and they spread them out all around the camp.
And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
He took off his royal robes and prophesied before Samuel and lay down stripped thus all that day and night. So they say, Is Saul also among the prophets?
They were a wall around us, both day and night, the entire time we were herding the sheep.
Saul quickly fell full length on the ground and was very afraid because of Samuel's words. He was completely drained of energy, not having eaten anything all that day and night.
Watch over this Temple day and night. For this is the place where you have chosen to be worshiped. Hear me when I face this Temple and pray.
And let these my words, wherewith I have made supplication before the LORD, be nigh unto the LORD our God day and night, that he maintain the cause of his servant, and the cause of his people Israel at all times, as the matter shall require:
And these are the singers, chief of the fathers of the Levites, who remaining in the chambers were free: for they were employed in that work day and night.
That thine eyes may be open upon this house day and night, upon the place whereof thou hast said that thou wouldest put thy name there; to hearken unto the prayer which thy servant prayeth toward this place.
Let thine ear now be attentive, and thine eyes open, that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant, which I pray before thee now, day and night, for the children of Israel thy servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel, which we have sinned against thee: both I and my father's house have sinned.
Nevertheless we made our prayer unto our God, and set a watch against them day and night, because of them.
He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?
Day and night they go about it upon the walls thereof: mischief also and sorrow are in the midst of it.
You established the cycle of day and night; you put the moon and sun in place.
O Jehovah, the God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee.
When I dedicated myself to experience wisdom and to observe what is undertaken on earth even going without sleep day and night
I, Jehovah, watch over it. I water it continually. I guard it day and night so that no one may harm it.
My house has been plucked up and vanishes from me like a shepherd's tent; like a weaver, I've taken account of my life, and he cuts me off from the loom day and night you make an end of me.
I thought until the morning: He will break all my bones like a lion; You make an end of me day and night.
And your gates shall continually be open, day and night they shall not be shut, to bring you [the] wealth of nations, and their kings shall be led.
Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!
You are to speak this word to them: Let my eyes overflow with tears; day and night may [they] not stop, for the virgin daughter of my people has been destroyed by a great disaster, an extremely severe wound.
Therefore will I cast you out of this land into a land that ye know not, neither ye nor your fathers; and there shall ye serve other gods day and night; where I will not shew you favour.
Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
Thus saith the LORD; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;
Their heart cried unto the Lord, O wall of the daughter of Zion, let tears run down like a river day and night: give thyself no rest; let not the apple of thine eye cease.
You stumble day and night, and the false prophets stumble with you; You have destroyed your own people!
And it will be unbroken day, such as the Lord has knowledge of, without change of day and night, and even at nightfall it will be light.
And constantly, day and night, he remained among the tombs or on the hills, shrieking, and mangling himself with sharp stones.
She had been a widow eighty-four years. She never left the temple. She worshipped and fasted with supplications day and night.
And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him.
So keep watch, having in mind that for three years without resting I was teaching every one of you, day and night, with weeping.
Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.
Thrice, have I been beaten with rods, once, have I been stoned, thrice, have I been shipwrecked, a day and night, in the deep, have I spent;
You may remember, brothers, our labor and hardship. We worked day and night that we would not burden any of you when we preached the good news of God to you.
Now she who is truly a widow and without family puts her hope in God, giving herself to prayer day and night.
Grateful, am I, unto God, - unto whom I am rendering divine service from my progenitors in a pure conscience, that, incessant, hold I the remembrance, concerning thee, in my supplications; day and night,
for as long as that upright man was living among them, his upright soul, day and night, was always being tortured by what he saw and heard in their lawless actions --
And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
The fourth angel blew his trumpet. A third of the sun was struck. A third of the moon, and a third of the stars were darkened. The illumination of both day and night was cut by one third.
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
and the smoke of their torment goeth up for ever and ever; and they have no rest day and night, they that worship the beast and his image, and whoso receiveth the mark of his name.
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- All Day Long (53 instances in 27 translations)
- As a Thief in the Night (2 instances in 21 translations)
- At the Last Day (8 instances in 32 translations)
- Came to Jesus by Night (3 instances in 23 translations)
- Cool of the Day (3 instances in 14 translations)
- Day After Day (47 instances in 22 translations)
- Day and Hour No One Knows (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Day of Affliction (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Day of Atonement (6 instances in 19 translations)
- Day of Battle (11 instances in 22 translations)
- Day Of Calamity (11 instances in 12 translations)
- Day of Christ (6 instances in 37 translations)
- Day of Clouds (4 instances in 19 translations)
- Day of Darkness (4 instances in 21 translations)
- Day Of Destruction (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Day Of Distress (12 instances in 19 translations)
- Day of Doom (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Day of His Death (8 instances in 22 translations)
- Day of His Wrath (5 instances in 25 translations)
- Day of Judgment (32 instances in 37 translations)
- Day of Our Lord Jesus Christ (1 instance in 36 translations)
- Day of Pentecost (4 instances in 35 translations)
- Day of Punishment (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Day of Salvation (5 instances in 36 translations)
- Day of the Lord (44 instances in 40 translations)
- Day of Trouble (26 instances in 21 translations)
- Day of Vengeance (7 instances in 20 translations)
- Day of Wrath (7 instances in 37 translations)
- Day Star (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Day Which the Lord Has Made (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Day Your Lord Will Come (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Divide the Day from the Night (1 instance in 9 translations)
- First Day (73 instances in 39 translations)
- First Day of the Week (10 instances in 33 translations)
- Give Us This Day (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Great and Dreadful Day of the Lord (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Greater Light to Rule the Day (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Heat of the Day (9 instances in 31 translations)
- In a Dream by Night (3 instances in 15 translations)
- In that Day (255 instances in 34 translations)
- In The Day Of Trouble (11 instances in 16 translations)
- Last Day (41 instances in 40 translations)
- Light to Rule the Day (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Night and Day (25 instances in 39 translations)
- Night Watches (3 instances in 15 translations)
- On that Day (261 instances in 34 translations)
- On the First Day of the Week (10 instances in 31 translations)
- On The Seventh Day He Rested (2 instances in 14 translations)
- On the Third Day (47 instances in 37 translations)
- Raised On The Third Day (6 instances in 14 translations)
- Raised the Third Day (5 instances in 11 translations)
- Remember the Sabbath Day (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Rested on the Seventh Day (4 instances in 26 translations)
- Rested The Sabbath Day (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Rose Again the Third Day (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Sabbath Day (102 instances in 37 translations)
- Same Day (135 instances in 37 translations)
- Separate The Day From The Night (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Seventh Day (52 instances in 38 translations)
- Songs in the Night (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Spend the Night (36 instances in 15 translations)
- Sufficient for the Day (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Tarry All Night (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Thief in the Night (2 instances in 35 translations)
- Third Day (87 instances in 39 translations)
- Third Day Be Raised (2 instances in 11 translations)
- This Very Day (114 instances in 30 translations)
- To This Day (127 instances in 39 translations)
- Until This Day (88 instances in 27 translations)
- Watches Of The Night (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Abounding, In The Last Days
- Acting All Night
- Affliction Day And Night
- All Day
- All Night Prayers
- Ancient Of Days
- Apostasy In The Last Days
- As At This Day
- At Daybreak
- Bad Days
- Dark Days
- Darkness During Daytime
- Darkness Of Night
- Day 10
- Day 11
- Day 12
- Day 15
- Day 2
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
- Day 9
- Day Of Atonement
- Day of the LORD
- Day Or Night
- Days, Description Of
- Days, Last
- Days, Natural Use
- During One Night
- During The Day
- Eight Days
- False Religion To This Day
- Forty Days
- Four Or Five Days
- Given Names To This Day
- Labour Day And Night
- Last Days
- Lord's Day, The
- No Work On Feast Days
- Once A Day
- One Day
- Places To This Day
- Protection Day And Night
- Provision Of Day
- Provision Of Day And Night
- Provision Of Night
- Relationships To This Day
- Seven Days
- Seven Days For Legal Purposes
- Several Days
- Several Times A Day
- Six Days
- Spiritual Night
- Statutes To This Day
- Ten Or More Days
- The Coming Day Of God's Wrath
- The Cool Of The Day
- The Day Of Judgement
- The Fact Of That Day
- The Fifth Day Of The Week
- The Final Days Of Time
- The First Day Of The Week
- The Fourth Day Of The Week
- The Next Day
- The Second Day Of The Week
- The Seventh Day Of The Week
- The Sixth Day Of The Week
- The Third Day Of The Week
- Three Days
- Three Days And Nights
- Two Days
- Until Daybreak
- Using The Day
- Visions At Night
- Walking All Night
- Where People Live To This Day
- Worship Day And Night
- 69 more topics on Day
- 15 more topics on Night