'Die by the Sword' in the Bible
The sword is without, and the pestilence and the famine within: he that is in the field shall die by the sword; and he that is in the city, famine and pestilence shall devour him.
You will die by the sword; I will judge you at the border of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord.
The fugitives of his troops will die by the sword, and the survivors will be scattered to the four winds. Then you'll know that I, the LORD, have spoken."
I will direct my jealous anger against you, and they will deal with you in rage. They will cut off your nose and your ears, and your survivors will die by the sword. They will seize your sons and daughters, and your survivors will be consumed by fire.
"Tell the house of Israel that this is what the Lord GOD says: "Look! I'm about to profane my sanctuary, the source of your proud strength, the desire of your eyes, and the object of your affection. Your sons and daughters, whom you've left behind, will die by the sword.
So this is what the sovereign Lord says: I will stretch out my hand against Edom, and I will kill the people and animals within her, and I will make her desolate; from Teman to Dedan they will die by the sword.
Ethiopia, Put, Lud, all the foreigners, Libya, and the people of the covenant land will die by the sword along with them.
"'This is what the Lord says: Egypt's supporters will fall; her confident pride will crumble. From Migdol to Syene they will die by the sword within her, declares the sovereign Lord.
The young men of On and of Pi-beseth will die by the sword; and the cities will go into captivity.
"This is what you must say to them, 'This is what the sovereign Lord says: As surely as I live, those living in the ruins will die by the sword, those in the open field I will give to the wild beasts for food, and those who are in the strongholds and caves will die of disease.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- All Who Take the Sword (1 instance in 6 translations)
- By the Sword (136 instances in 37 translations)
- Curse God and Die (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Deserve To Die (9 instances in 12 translations)
- Deserves to Die (5 instances in 10 translations)
- Die for His Own Sin (4 instances in 15 translations)
- Die For His Sin (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Die for the People (5 instances in 37 translations)
- Die in His Iniquity (6 instances in 13 translations)
- Die in Peace (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Die in the Wilderness (6 instances in 17 translations)
- Die in Your Sins (2 instances in 35 translations)
- Die to the Lord (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Double-Edged Sword (7 instances in 9 translations)
- Edge of the Sword (37 instances in 36 translations)
- Fall Before You By The Sword (2 instances in 15 translations)
- Fall by the Sword (35 instances in 21 translations)
- Flaming Sword (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Perish by the Sword (5 instances in 27 translations)
- Sharp Two-Edged Sword (3 instances in 23 translations)
- Sharper Than Any Two-Edged Sword (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Smite With The Sword (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Strike with the Sword (3 instances in 14 translations)
- Sword of My Mouth (1 instance in 33 translations)
- Sword of the Lord (8 instances in 12 translations)
- Sword of the Spirit (1 instance in 33 translations)
- Sword Shall Never Depart (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Time to Die (4 instances in 21 translations)
- To Die is Gain (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Tongue Like a Sword (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Two-Edged Sword (7 instances in 33 translations)
- Why Will You Die (3 instances in 8 translations)
- With The Sword (167 instances in 40 translations)
- Worm Does Not Die (4 instances in 11 translations)
- Worthy To Die (6 instances in 11 translations)