'Fall by the Sword' in the Bible
A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with famine shall they be consumed in the midst of thee: and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee; and I will scatter a third part into all the winds, and I will draw out a sword after them.
Thus saith the Lord GOD; Smite with thine hand, and stamp with thy foot, and say, Alas for all the evil abominations of the house of Israel! for they shall fall by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence.
He that is far off shall die of the pestilence; and he that is near shall fall by the sword; and he that remaineth and is besieged shall die by the famine: thus will I accomplish my fury upon them.
Ye shall fall by the sword; I will judge you in the border of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
And all his fugitives with all his bands shall fall by the sword, and they that remain shall be scattered toward all winds: and ye shall know that I the LORD have spoken it.
And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears; and thy remnant shall fall by the sword: they shall take thy sons and thy daughters; and thy residue shall be devoured by the fire.
Speak unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will profane my sanctuary, the excellency of your strength, the desire of your eyes, and that which your soul pitieth; and your sons and your daughters whom ye have left shall fall by the sword.
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also stretch out mine hand upon Edom, and will cut off man and beast from it; and I will make it desolate from Teman; and they of Dedan shall fall by the sword.
For I will send pestilence into her and blood into her streets, and the wounded shall be judged and fall by the sword in the midst of her on every side, and they shall know (understand and realize) that I am the Lord [the Sovereign Ruler, Who calls forth loyalty and obedient service].
Cush, Put, and Lud, and all the various foreign troops, plus Libya and the men of the covenant land will fall by the sword along with them.
The young men of Aven and of Pibeseth shall fall by the sword: and these cities shall go into captivity.
I will cause your multitude, your tumult, and your store [of wealth, strength, and glory] to fall by the swords of the mighty -- "the most terrible among the nations are they all. And they shall bring to nothing the pomp and pride of Egypt, and all its multitude [with its activity and its wealth in every sphere] shall be destroyed.
Say thou thus unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; As I live, surely they that are in the wastes shall fall by the sword, and him that is in the open field will I give to the beasts to be devoured, and they that be in the forts and in the caves shall die of the pestilence.
And the nations shall know that for their iniquity the house of Israel were carried away captive: because they transgressed against me, and I will hide my face from them, and I will give them into the hand of their enemies, and they shall fall by the sword, all of them.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- All Kings Shall Fall Down Before Him (1 instance in 11 translations)
- All Who Take the Sword (1 instance in 6 translations)
- As Lightning Fall From Heaven (1 instance in 4 translations)
- By the Sword (136 instances in 37 translations)
- Die by the Sword (34 instances in 23 translations)
- Double-Edged Sword (7 instances in 9 translations)
- Edge of the Sword (37 instances in 36 translations)
- Except A Corn Of Wheat Fall (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Fall Away (47 instances in 36 translations)
- Fall Before You By The Sword (2 instances in 15 translations)
- Fall Into Temptation (7 instances in 27 translations)
- Fall Short of the Glory of God (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Flaming Sword (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Perish by the Sword (5 instances in 27 translations)
- Sharp Two-Edged Sword (3 instances in 23 translations)
- Sharper Than Any Two-Edged Sword (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Smite With The Sword (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Strike with the Sword (3 instances in 14 translations)
- Sword of My Mouth (1 instance in 33 translations)
- Sword of the Lord (8 instances in 12 translations)
- Sword of the Spirit (1 instance in 33 translations)
- Sword Shall Never Depart (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Tongue Like a Sword (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Two-Edged Sword (7 instances in 33 translations)
- With The Sword (167 instances in 40 translations)
- Adam, After The Fall
- Agriculture, Effects Of Fall
- Animals Falling
- Babylone, Fall Of
- Deception In Fallen Human Nature
- Fall Of Man
- Fall Of Man, Consequences Of
- Fallen Angels
- Falling From Heaven
- Fallow Land
- God's Sword
- Heart, Fallen And Redeemed
- Judgment Of Fallen Angels
- Killed With The Sword
- People Falling From A Height
- Spirit, Fallen And Redeemed
- The Sword Of The Spirit
- Things Falling
- Work, And The Fall
- Famine Killing
- 6 more topics on Fall
- 4 more topics on Sword