'Foolish Man' in the Bible
Knowledge is stored up by the wise, but the mouth of the foolish man is a destruction which is near.
It is as sport to a foolish man to do wickedness; but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
He who troubles his own house shall inherit the wind. And a foolish man shall be servant to a wise man of heart.
The way of the foolish man seems right to him? but the wise man gives ear to suggestions.
A foolish man lets his trouble be openly seen, but a sharp man keeps shame secret.
A sharp man does everything with knowledge, but a foolish man makes clear his foolish thoughts.
In the mouth of the foolish man is a rod for his back, but the lips of the wise will keep them safe.
Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.
The wise man, fearing, keeps himself from evil; but the foolish man goes on in his pride, with no thought of danger.
A foolish man puts no value on his father's training; but he who has respect for teaching has good sense.
The lips of the wise keep knowledge, but the heart of the foolish man is not right.
A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish man despiseth his mother.
Fair words are not to be looked for from a foolish man, much less are false lips in a ruler.
A word of protest goes deeper into one who has sense than a hundred blows into a foolish man.
It is better to come face to face with a bear whose young ones have been taken away than with a foolish man acting foolishly.
Even the foolish man, when he keeps quiet, is taken to be wise: when his lips are shut he is credited with good sense.
A foolish man has no pleasure in good sense, but only to let what is in his heart come to light.
A foolish man's lips are a cause of fighting, and his mouth makes him open to blows.
The mouth of a foolish man is his destruction, and his lips are a net for his soul.
There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.
Speak not in the ears of a foolish man, for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
Unattainable to a foolish man, are the dictates of wisdom, in the gate, he openeth not his mouth.
I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyards of the foolish man.
Do not give to the foolish man a foolish answer, or you will be like him.
Give a foolish man a foolish answer, or he will seem wise to himself.
He who sends news by the hand of a foolish man is cutting off his feet and drinking in damage.
Giving honour to a foolish man is like attempting to keep a stone fixed in a cord.
Like a thorn which goes up into the hand of a man overcome by drink, so is a wise saying in the mouth of a foolish man.
Like an archer wounding all who go by, is a foolish man overcome by drink.
Like a dog going back to the food which he has not been able to keep down, is the foolish man doing his foolish acts over again.
Even if a foolish man is crushed with a hammer in a vessel among crushed grain, still his foolish ways will not go from him.
If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest.
A foolish man lets out all his wrath, but a wise man keeps it back quietly.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- As One Man (31 instances in 26 translations)
- Behold the Man (7 instances in 16 translations)
- Blameless and Upright Man (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Blessed is the Man (25 instances in 31 translations)
- Certain Man (72 instances in 38 translations)
- Coming of the Son of Man (5 instances in 33 translations)
- Contentious Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Countenance A Poor Man In His Cause (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Dishonored the Poor Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Double-Minded Man (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Every Man To His Inheritance (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Faithful Man (10 instances in 21 translations)
- First Man (12 instances in 39 translations)
- Foolish Men (9 instances in 30 translations)
- Foolish Woman (3 instances in 18 translations)
- From One Man (4 instances in 17 translations)
- God Formed Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- God is Greater Than Man (1 instance in 14 translations)
- God is Not a Man (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Good Man (64 instances in 39 translations)
- Happy is the Man (26 instances in 21 translations)
- Head of Every Man (2 instances in 35 translations)
- Heart Of The Foolish (5 instances in 12 translations)
- Heavenly Man (2 instances in 4 translations)
- If A Man Dies (5 instances in 18 translations)
- Inward Man (3 instances in 22 translations)
- Lazy Man (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Let Us Make Man (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Lift Up the Son of Man (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Lifted Up The Son Of Man (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Like a Drunken Man (5 instances in 16 translations)
- Man After His Own Heart (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Man After My Own Heart (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Man and Beast (36 instances in 20 translations)
- Man Became a Living Being (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Man From Heaven (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Man Full of Faith (1 instance in 39 translations)
- Man is Born to Trouble (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Man is Like a Breath (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Man Is Like To Vanity (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Man Of Discretion (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Man of God (94 instances in 37 translations)
- Man Of Heaven (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Man Of Integrity (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Man of Sorrows (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Man of Unclean Lips (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Man of Understanding (21 instances in 20 translations)
- Man of War (33 instances in 21 translations)
- Man Sent From God (3 instances in 21 translations)
- Man Shall Not Live by Bread Alone (3 instances in 18 translations)
- Mighty Man of Valor (7 instances in 11 translations)
- New Man (6 instances in 35 translations)
- No Man Hath Seen God (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Old Man (69 instances in 38 translations)
- Outward Man (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Perfect Man (13 instances in 26 translations)
- Prayer of a Righteous Man (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Prudent Man (12 instances in 24 translations)
- Rebuke A Wise Man (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Reprove a Wise Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Reprove A Wise Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Righteous Man (129 instances in 37 translations)
- Second Man (4 instances in 38 translations)
- Slothful Man (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Son of Man (232 instances in 40 translations)
- Spirit of Man (5 instances in 24 translations)
- Strive with Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Tongue Can No Man Tame (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Way that Seems Right to a Man (2 instances in 5 translations)
- What is Man (9 instances in 38 translations)
- What Will It Profit A Man (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Whatever a Man Sows (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Whatsoever A Man Soweth (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Whole Duty of Man (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Will a Man Rob God (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Will of Man (3 instances in 32 translations)
- Wise Man (78 instances in 37 translations)
- Wretched Man that I Am (1 instance in 21 translations)
- A Mans Character
- A Mans Reputation
- Anger Management
- Anger Of Man, Cause
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Being A Man Of God
- Being Seen By Man
- Boasting, Foolish
- Breaking Man's Law
- Brotherhood Of Man
- Creation Of All Mankind
- Dealing With Many People
- Depravity Of Man
- Divine Manifestations
- Drawbacks To Man's Power
- Dung and manure
- Duty Of Man To God
- Fall Of Man
- Fall Of Man, Consequences Of
- Fear Of Man
- Foolish People
- Foolish Questions
- Foolishness Of God
- Foolishness Of Men
- God In Relation To Man
- Intrinsic Importance Of Man
- Jesus As Son Of Man
- Keeping Man's Word
- Killing Many People
- Love, Of Fellow Man
- Man A Mere Breath
- Man Appointing
- Man As Grass
- Man Avenging
- Man Defending
- Man Differentiating
- Man Going Down
- Man Keeping Watch
- Man Of God
- Man Of Sin
- Man Providing Water
- Man Trapping
- Man Vindicates
- Man's Action Tomorrow
- Man's Authority Over The Devil
- Man's Conduct Towards God
- Man's Counsel
- Man's Dominion
- Man's Eternal Attributes
- Man's Favourite
- Man's Function
- Man's Needs
- Man's Purposes
- Man's Relation To God
- Man's Relationship With His Creator
- Man's Sinful Nature
- Man's Teaching
- Man's Thoughts
- Man's Ways
- Man's Wisdom
- Man's Words Fulfilled
- Man's Work Finished
- Man, Creation Of
- Man, Insignificance Of
- Man, Trichotomy View Of
- Manifesting (making Something Clear)
- Many Combatants
- Many Creatures
- Many Deceivers And Deceived
- Many Enemies
- Many In Israel
- Many In The Church
- Many Seeking Salvation
- Many Spiritual Beings
- Ministry Of The Son Of Man
- Praise, Manner And Methods Of
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Reconciliation, Between God And Man
- Relation Of Animals To Man
- Reuben Gad And Half Manasseh
- Son Of Man
- The Frailty Of Man
- The Glory Of Man
- The Inner Man
- The New Man In Christ
- The Spirit Of Man
- Things Manifest
- Time Management
- Too Many Words
- Trusting In Man, Warnings Against
- What Manner?
- What Value Is Man?
- Wise Man Or Fool
- Fools, Characteristics Of
- Folly, Effects Of
- 3 more topics on Foolish
- 70 more topics on Man