'For This Cause' in the Bible
For this cause, shall the land mourn, and the heavens above be overcast: Because I have spoken have purposed, and have not repented nor will I turn back therefrom.
For this cause, hath the lion out of the forest smitten them, The wolf of the waste plains, preyeth upon them, The leopard, is keeping watch over their cities, Every one that goeth out from thence, is torn in pieces, - For they have multiplied their transgressions, Numerous are their apostasies.
As, a cage, is full of birds, So, are, their houses, full of unrighteous gain, - For this cause, have they become great and waxen rich:
For this cause, the days are coming, says the Lord, when it will no longer be named Topheth, or, The valley of the son of Hinnom, but, The valley of Death: for they will put the dead into the earth in Topheth till there is no more room.
For the shepherds, have become brutish, And Yahweh, have they not sought, - For this cause, have they not prospered, And, all their flock, is scattered.
Mine inheritance, hath become to me as a lion in a jungle, - She hath given forth against me her voice, For this cause, have I hated her.
For this cause the Lord has said, If you will come back, then I will again let you take your place before me; and if you give out what is of value and not that which has no value, you will be as my mouth: let them come back to you, but do not go back to them.
For this cause, see, the days are coming, says the Lord, when it will no longer be said, By the living Lord, who took the children of Israel up out of the land of Egypt.
For this cause, let their children be without food, and give them over to the power of the sword; and let their wives be without children and become widows; let their men be overtaken by death, and their young men be put to the sword in the fight.
For this cause, see, a time is coming, says the Lord, when this place will no longer be named Topheth, or, The valley of the son of Hinnom, but, The valley of Death.
But, Yahweh, is with me, as a mighty one striking terror, For this cause, shall my persecutors stumble and not prevail, - They have turned very pale, For they have not prospered, Confusion age-abiding, it shall not be forgotten!
For this cause their steps will be slipping on their way: they will be forced on into the dark and have a fall there: for I will send evil on them in the year of their punishment, says the Lord.
For this cause I am against the prophets, says the Lord, who take my words, every one from his neighbour.
For this cause he sent to us in Babylon, saying, This exile is long. Build houses and live in them, and plant gardens and eat their fruit.
For this cause the Lord has said, Truly I will send punishment on Shemaiah and on his seed; not a man of his family will have a place among this people, and he will not see the good which I am going to do to my people, says the Lord: because he has said words against the Lord.
For this cause, all those who take you for their food will themselves become your food; and all your attackers, every one of them, will be taken prisoners; and those who send destruction on you will come to destruction; and all those who take away your goods by force will undergo the same themselves.
From afar, Yahweh hath appeared unto me, Yea with an age-abiding love, have I loved thee, For this cause, have I prolonged to thee lovingkindness.
Was Ephraim, a very precious son to me? Was he a most delightful child? For as often as I have spoken against him, I have, remembered, him again! For this cause, have my affections been deeply moved for him, I must have, compassion, upon him, Declareth Yahweh.
Now, therefore, for this cause, hear ye the word of Yahweh, O remnant of Judah, - Thus! saith Yahweh of hosts, God of Israel, - If, ye do indeed set your faces to enter Egypt and do enter to sojourn there,
Because that ye burned incense, and that ye sinned against Yahweh and hearkened not unto the voice of Yahweh, and, in his law and in his statutes and in his testimonies, did not walk, for this cause, did this calamity befall you - as at this day.
Moab, hath been at ease from his youth, And settled is he upon his lees, And hath not been poured out from vessel to vessel, Nor into captivity, hath gone, - For this cause, hath his flavour stood still within him, And his scent is unchanged.
For this cause I will give cries of grief for Moab, crying out for Moab, even for all of it; I will be sorrowing for the men of Kir-heres.
For this cause, my heart, for Moab, like flutes, shall make plaintive sounds, Yea my heart for the men of Kir-heres! like flutes, shall make plaintive sounds, Because, the abundance he hath gotten is lost!
For this cause give ear to the decision of the Lord which he has made against Edom, and to his purposes designed against the people of Teman: Truly, they will be pulled away by the smallest of the flock; truly, he will make waste their fields with them.
For this cause her young men will be falling in her streets, and all her men of war will be cut off in that day, says the Lord.
Babylon has been a gold cup in the hand of the Lord, which has made all the earth overcome with wine: the nations have taken of her wine, and for this cause the nations have gone off their heads.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (11)
- Exodus (5)
- Leviticus (1)
- Numbers (4)
- Deuteronomy (7)
- Joshua (1)
- Judges (1)
- 1 Samuel (4)
- 2 Samuel (5)
- 1 Kings (2)
- 2 Kings (3)
- 1 Chronicles (3)
- 2 Chronicles (4)
- Ezra (3)
- Nehemiah (1)
- Esther (2)
- Job (8)
- Psalm (17)
- Proverbs (2)
- Ecclesiastes (1)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (42)
- Jeremiah (27)
- Lamentations (3)
- Ezekiel (52)
- Daniel (7)
- Hosea (5)
- Amos (1)
- Jonah (1)
- Micah (6)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Haggai (2)
- Affairs of This Life (3 instances in 10 translations)
- All the Words of This Law (9 instances in 22 translations)
- Cares of This Life (3 instances in 13 translations)
- Cares of This World (3 instances in 11 translations)
- Cause Him To Swear (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Cause of the Poor (10 instances in 17 translations)
- Children Of This World (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Conformed to This World (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Countenance A Poor Man In His Cause (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Course of This World (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Defend Your Cause (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Destroy This Temple (4 instances in 31 translations)
- Do This and Live (1 instance in 5 translations)
- End of This Age (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Explain This Parable (1 instance in 6 translations)
- For This Purpose (29 instances in 30 translations)
- For This Very Reason (11 instances in 22 translations)
- Foundation Of This House (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Give Us This Day (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Judgment Of This World (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Light of This World (1 instance in 36 translations)
- My Kingdom is Not of This World (1 instance in 29 translations)
- Of This Life (20 instances in 35 translations)
- Of This World (54 instances in 40 translations)
- On This Rock (3 instances in 36 translations)
- People Of This Age (2 instances in 3 translations)
- People Of This World (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Poor of This World (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Recorded In This Book Of The Law (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Remove This Cup (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Ruler of This World (3 instances in 22 translations)
- Sons of This Age (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Sons of This World (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Take This Cup (3 instances in 21 translations)
- This Cup (12 instances in 39 translations)
- This Generation (24 instances in 38 translations)
- This is My Body (4 instances in 36 translations)
- This Is What The Lord Says (183 instances in 5 translations)
- This Very Day (114 instances in 30 translations)
- This Will Be a Sign (7 instances in 9 translations)
- This Will Be the Sign (10 instances in 9 translations)
- To This Day (127 instances in 39 translations)
- Tormented in This Flame (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Until This Day (88 instances in 27 translations)
- Ways Of This World (2 instances in 3 translations)
- We Brought Nothing into This World (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Words of This Book (7 instances in 35 translations)
- Worries Of This Life (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Anger Of God, Causes
- Anger Of Man, Cause
- Anguish, Cause
- Anxiety, Cause
- Apostasy, Cause
- As At This Day
- Backsliding, Causes
- Blindness, Causes Of
- Cares Of This World
- Caused By God
- Causes of failure in
- Condemnation, Causes Of
- Contention, Causes
- Corruption, Causes
- Defilement, Ceremonial Causes
- Depression, Causes
- Despondency, Causes Of
- False Religion To This Day
- Famine, Causes Of
- Fear, Caused By
- Given Names To This Day
- God Will Cause Defeat
- Hating Without A Cause
- Insomnia, Causes Of
- Places To This Day
- Poverty, Causes Of
- Relationships To This Day
- Sin, Causes Of
- Spiritual Warfare, Causes Of
- Statutes To This Day
- Suffering, Causes Of
- This Generation