'For Us' in the Bible
Now these words were not written simply for his sake, but for us as well.
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
who was surrendered to death because of the offences we had committed, and was raised to life because of the acquittal secured for us.
and that this hope never disappoints, because God's love for us floods our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
For when we were still helpless, at the decisive moment Christ died for us godless men.
But God commendeth his own love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Knowing this, that our old man was crucified together, that the body of sin might be left inactive, for us no more to serve sin.
But now we have been released from the law, having died to what we were held, so as for us to serve in newness of spirit, and not in oldness of a document.
For I consider all that we suffer in this present life is nothing to be compared with the glory which by-and-by is to be uncovered for us.
Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
What, then, shall we say to a these things? If God is for us, who shall be against us?
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how will he not with him also freely give us all things?
Who is he that condemns them? Christ, Jesus, is he who died and, even more, he that also rose again, who furthermore is at the right hand of God, who also makes entreaty for us.
Who [i.e., what] can separate us from Christ's love [for us]? [i.e., what unfortunate circumstance of life might suggest that Christ does not love us?] Would [it be] trouble? Or distress? Or persecution? Or inadequate food? Or inadequate clothing? Or danger? Or [even] death?
nor [things] above, nor [things] below, nor any [other] created thing will be able to separate us from God's love [for us], revealed through Christ Jesus our Lord [Note: The idea of this passage is "Regardless of what happens to us, God still loves us"].
is not the potter the master of his own clay, of the same mass to make one vessel for use and ornament, and another for a meaner purpose?
What if he means to show the wealth that lies in his glory for the objects of his mercy, whom he has made ready beforehand to receive glory ??24 that is, for us whom he has called from among the Gentiles as well as the Jews?
Then you will say, "Branches have been broken off for us to be grafted in."
O, how deep is the richness of God's wisdom and knowledge! How difficult [it is for us] to explain His judgments and how impossible [for us] to accurately track how He operates!
And do this because we know the time, that it is already the hour for us to awake from sleep, for our salvation is now nearer than when we became believers.
As for us who are strong, our duty is to bear with the weaknesses of those who are not strong, and not seek our own pleasure.
For whatever things were written previously [i.e., in the Old Testament], were intended for us to learn from, so that we could have hope [i.e., in the face of difficult times] through remaining steadfast, and through the encouragement [received] from reading the Scriptures.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (18)
- Exodus (18)
- Leviticus (1)
- Numbers (10)
- Deuteronomy (14)
- Joshua (6)
- Judges (10)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (15)
- 2 Samuel (9)
- 1 Kings (5)
- 2 Kings (7)
- 1 Chronicles (2)
- 2 Chronicles (7)
- Ezra (10)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Job (3)
- Psalm (26)
- Proverbs (2)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (17)
- Jeremiah (20)
- Lamentations (6)
- Ezekiel (8)
- Daniel (2)
- Hosea (1)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (1)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Haggai (1)
- Zechariah (1)
- Malachi (1)
- Begotten Us Again (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Bind Us Up (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Blood Be on Us (1 instance in 25 translations)
- Causeth Us To Triumph (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Christ Died for Us (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Christ Has Redeemed Us (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Cleanses Us from All Sin (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Deliver Us (52 instances in 36 translations)
- Dwelt Among Us (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Forgive Us Our Debts (1 instance in 30 translations)
- Forgive Us Our Sins (5 instances in 36 translations)
- Give Us This Day (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Given Unto Us The Earnest Of The Spirit (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Glory Which Shall Be Revealed in Us (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Heart Burn Within Us (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Heart Condemns Us (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Hearts Burning Within Us (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Hearts Condemn Us (2 instances in 6 translations)
- If God So Loved Us (1 instance in 24 translations)
- If Our Heart Condemns Us (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Leads Us in Triumph (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Let Us (351 instances in 40 translations)
- Let Us Build (9 instances in 20 translations)
- Let Us Eat and Drink (2 instances in 36 translations)
- Let Us Make Man (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Let Us Reason Together (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Oath Betwixt Us (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Refined Us as Silver (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Revive Us Again (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Show Us the Father (2 instances in 26 translations)
- Teach Us (11 instances in 38 translations)
- Tried Us As Silver (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Unto Us a Child is Born (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Who Shall Separate Us (1 instance in 23 translations)