'Go Over' in the Bible
Now rise up and go over the brook Zered. So we went over the brook Zered.
'Rise up, take your journey and go over the river Arnon. Behold, I have given into thy hand Sihon the Amorite king of Heshbon, and his land. Go to, and conquer and provoke him to battle.
As the sons of Esau, who dwell in Seir, and the Moabites, who dwell in Ar, did for me, until I go over the Jordan into the land which the Lord our God gives us.
And I commanded you at that time, saying, The Lord your God has given you this land to possess it; you [Reuben, Gad, and the half-tribe of Manasseh] shall go over [the Jordan] armed before your brethren the other Israelites, all that are able for war.
I commanded Joshua at that time, saying, "Your eyes have seen all that Yahweh your God has done to these two kings: so shall Yahweh do to all the kingdoms where you go over.
I pray thee, let me go over, and see the good land that is beyond Jordan, that goodly mountain, and Lebanon.
Get thee up into the top of Pisgah, and lift up thine eyes westward, and northward, and southward, and eastward, and behold it with thine eyes: for thou shalt not go over this Jordan.
But charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him: for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which thou shalt see.
And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.
Furthermore the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, and sware that I should not go over Jordan, and that I should not go in unto that good land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance:
But I must die in this land, I must not go over Jordan: but ye shall go over, and possess that good land.
I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over Jordan to possess it; ye shall not prolong your days upon it, but shall utterly be destroyed.
Now this is the commandment, the statutes, and the ordinances, which Jehovah your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it;
Give ear, O Israel: today you are to go over Jordan, to take the heritage of nations greater and stronger than yourselves, and towns of great size with walls as high as heaven;
Therefore shall ye keep all the commandment which I command thee this day, that ye may be strong, and go in and possess the land, whither ye go over to possess it;
but the land, whither ye go over to possess it, is a land of hills and valleys, and drinketh water of the rain of heaven,
For you are about to go over Jordan to take the heritage which the Lord your God is giving you, and it will be your resting-place.
But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the LORD your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety;
When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.
"When you gather the grapes of your vineyard, you shall not go over it again; it shall be for the alien, for the orphan, and for the widow.
And on the day when you go over Jordan into the land which the Lord your God is giving you, put up great stones, coating them with building-paste,
And it shall be when ye go over the Jordan, that ye shall set up these stones, as I command you this day, on mount Ebal, and thou shalt plaster them with plaster.
Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
And he said unto them, I am an hundred and twenty years old this day; I can no more go out and come in: also the LORD hath said unto me, Thou shalt not go over this Jordan.
The LORD thy God, he will go over before thee, and he will destroy these nations from before thee, and thou shalt possess them: and Joshua, he shall go over before thee, as the LORD hath said.
And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.
For it is not a vain thing for you; because it is your life: and through this thing ye shall prolong your days in the land, whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.
And the LORD said unto him, This is the land which I sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, saying, I will give it unto thy seed: I have caused thee to see it with thine eyes, but thou shalt not go over thither.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Able to Go to War (18 instances in 11 translations)
- Authority Over Unclean Spirits (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Cross Over the Jordan (10 instances in 7 translations)
- Crossed Over on Dry Ground (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Crossed Over the Jordan (11 instances in 4 translations)
- Firstborn Over All Creation (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Give Over (25 instances in 19 translations)
- Go A-Whoring (21 instances in 2 translations)
- Go and Sin No More (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Go Away From Me (7 instances in 10 translations)
- Go Down To Sheol (6 instances in 11 translations)
- Go Down to the Grave (8 instances in 9 translations)
- Go Down to the Pit (21 instances in 20 translations)
- Go in Peace (23 instances in 38 translations)
- Go into Captivity (24 instances in 29 translations)
- Go Into Exile (26 instances in 14 translations)
- Go to My Father (8 instances in 36 translations)
- Go to the Ant (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Go to the Father (11 instances in 32 translations)
- Go Your Way (57 instances in 27 translations)
- Hand Me Over (7 instances in 6 translations)
- Handed Over To Be Crucified (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Hands Over The Kingdom (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Have Dominion Over (21 instances in 26 translations)
- I Go Away (20 instances in 30 translations)
- Keeping Watch Over Their Flock (1 instance in 12 translations)
- King Over Israel (52 instances in 22 translations)
- King Over Judah (16 instances in 21 translations)
- Let My People Go (11 instances in 18 translations)
- Power Over Unclean Spirits (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Reign Over Judah (25 instances in 18 translations)
- Reign Over the House of Jacob (1 instance in 32 translations)
- Rule Over (152 instances in 36 translations)
- Scattered Over The Face Of The Whole Earth (1 instance in 4 translations)
- That It May Go Well with You (13 instances in 10 translations)
- Veil Over His Face (4 instances in 24 translations)
- Will Not Go Unpunished (9 instances in 9 translations)
- Age, Lived Over 100
- Alienation, Overcoming
- An Overpowering Presence
- Anxiety, Overcome
- Bent Over
- Christ Overcoming
- Christ's Authority Over Death
- Christ's Authority Over Evil
- Christ's Authority Over Nature
- Christ's Authority Over Sickness
- Christ's Authority Over Sin
- Church, Christ Authority Over
- Divine Power Over Nature
- Doubled Over
- Evil, victory over
- Fear, Overcome By
- Feelings Overwhelmed
- God Handing Over
- God Overcoming
- Handing Over Christ
- Handing Over People
- Man's Authority Over The Devil
- Overcoming Death
- Overcoming Discouragement
- Overcoming Enemies
- Overcoming Through Christ
- Overlaid With Bronze
- Overlaid With Gold
- Overlaid With Silver