'Gone into Captivity' in the Bible
Woe to you, Moab! You are destroyed, you people of Chemosh! He has given up his sons as fugitives and his daughters have gone into captivity to Sihon, king of the Amorites.
Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst.
There is crying in the streets for wine; all joy is darkened, the mirth of the land is banished and gone into captivity.
They stoop, they bow down together; they could not deliver the burden, but themselves are gone into captivity.
And if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because Jehovah's flock is gone into captivity.
Moab hath been at ease from his youth, and he hath settled on his lees, and hath not been emptied from vessel to vessel, neither hath he gone into captivity: therefore his taste remained in him, and his scent is not changed.
Woe to you, Moab! The people of Chemosh have perished because your sons have been taken captive and your daughters have gone into captivity.
Judah is gone into captivity because of affliction, and because of great servitude: she dwelleth among the heathen, she findeth no rest: all her persecutors overtook her between the straits.
Her adversaries are the chief, her enemies prosper; for the LORD hath afflicted her for the multitude of her transgressions: her children are gone into captivity before the enemy.
The LORD is righteous; for I have rebelled against his commandment: hear, I pray you, all people, and behold my sorrow: my virgins and my young men are gone into captivity.
Jerusalem's gates collapsed to the ground; he destroyed and broke the bars of her gates. Both king and prince have gone into captivity. There is no instruction, and the prophets receive no vision from the LORD.
Make thee bald, and poll thee for thy delicate children; enlarge thy baldness as the eagle; for they are gone into captivity from thee.
Even she doth become an exile, She hath gone into captivity, Even her sucklings are dashed to pieces At the top of all out-places, And for her honoured ones they cast a lot, And all her great ones have been bound in fetters.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Ascend into Heaven (4 instances in 26 translations)
- Ascend into the Heavens (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Ascended into Heaven (5 instances in 23 translations)
- Baptism into Death (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Baptized into Christ (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Baptized into One Body (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Beat Their Swords into Plowshares (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Beat Your Plowshares into Swords (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Betrayed Into Human Hands (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Betrayed Into The Hands Of (6 instances in 31 translations)
- Betrayed Into The Hands Of Men (3 instances in 17 translations)
- Break Forth into Singing (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Breathed into His Nostrils (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Bring Back the Captivity (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Brought Me Into Darkness (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Captivity of the Land (2 instances in 16 translations)
- Carried into Captivity (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Carried Into Exile (25 instances in 7 translations)
- Cast into the Fire (11 instances in 24 translations)
- Cast into the Lake of Fire (4 instances in 25 translations)
- Caught Up into Paradise (2 instances in 24 translations)
- Come into Your Righteousness (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Delivered into the Hands of (17 instances in 23 translations)
- Delivered into the Hands of Men (4 instances in 18 translations)
- Delivered Into The Hands Of Men (4 instances in 18 translations)
- Drink into One Spirit (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Enter into Judgment (14 instances in 18 translations)
- Enter into Life (7 instances in 30 translations)
- Enter into Temptation (4 instances in 24 translations)
- Enter into the Joy (2 instances in 19 translations)
- Entered into a Covenant (7 instances in 17 translations)
- Fall Into Temptation (7 instances in 27 translations)
- Fell Into The Hands Of Robbers (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Gather into Barns (1 instance in 24 translations)
- Go into Captivity (24 instances in 29 translations)
- Go Into Exile (26 instances in 14 translations)
- Gone Up To Heaven (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Guide You into All Truth (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Into a Far Country (7 instances in 14 translations)
- Into Hell (19 instances in 30 translations)
- Into His Right Hand (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Into Your Hands (62 instances in 24 translations)
- Led Captivity Captive (2 instances in 19 translations)
- Light Has Come into the World (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Looking Into The Sky (1 instance in 5 translations)
- New Wine into Old Wineskins (3 instances in 17 translations)
- Plowshares into Swords (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Pruninghooks into Spears (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Put New Wine Into Old Bottles (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Swords into Plowshares (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Thrown into the Fire (8 instances in 21 translations)
- We Brought Nothing into This World (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Admission Into God's Presence
- Baptised Into Christ
- Captivity, Metaphorically
- Captivity, Of Israel
- Crossing Into The Promised Land
- Dividing Into Three Groups
- Dividing Into Three Things
- Given Into One's Hands
- God's Intolerance Of Evil
- Gone Away
- Kingdom Of God, Entry Into
- Not Given Into One's Hands