'High Priest' in the Bible
So he assembled all the High Priests and Scribes of the people, and anxiously asked them where the Christ was to be born.
From that time forth Jesus began [clearly] to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders and the high priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised from death.
"We are going up to Jerusalem, and there the Son of Man will be betrayed to the High Priests and Scribes. They will condemn Him to death,
But when the High Priests and the Scribes saw the wonderful things that He had done and the children who were crying aloud in the Temple, "God save the Son of David," they were filled with indignation.
He entered the Temple; and while He was teaching, the High Priests and the Elders of the people came to Him and asked Him, "By what authority are you doing these things? and who gave you this authority?"
After listening to His parables the High Priests and the Pharisees perceived that He was speaking about them;
Then assembled together the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders of the people, unto the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas,
At that time one of the Twelve, the one called Judas Iscariot, went to the High Priests
He had scarcely finished speaking when Judas came--one of the Twelve--accompanied by a great crowd of men armed with swords and bludgeons, sent by the High Priests and Elders of the People.
And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.
And they that had laid hold on Jesus led him away to Caiaphas the high priest, where the scribes and the elders were assembled.
But Peter followed him afar off unto the high priest's palace, and went in, and sat with the servants, to see the end.
Meanwhile the High Priests and the whole Sanhedrin were seeking false testimony against Jesus in order to put Him to death;
And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?
But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.
When morning came all the High Priests and the Elders of the people consulted together against Jesus to put Him to death;
Then when Judas, who had betrayed Him, saw that He was condemned, smitten with remorse he brought back the thirty shekels to the High Priests and Elders
When the High Priests had gathered up the money they said, "It is illegal to put it into the Treasury, because it is the price of blood."
When however the High Priests and the Elders kept bringing their charges against Him, He said not a word in reply.
The High Priests, however, and the Elders urged the crowd to ask for Barabbas and to demand the death of Jesus.
In like manner the High Priests also, together with the Scribes and the Elders, taunted Him.
On the next day, the day after the Preparation, the High Priests and the Pharisees came in a body to Pilate.
While they went on this errand, some of the guards came into the city and reported to the High Priests every detail of what had happened.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Broke Down the High Places (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Chief Priest (158 instances in 34 translations)
- Dwells on High (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Enthroned On High (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Every High Hill (8 instances in 22 translations)
- God Most High (15 instances in 25 translations)
- Great High Priest (2 instances in 30 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- High God (17 instances in 39 translations)
- High Mountain (28 instances in 40 translations)
- High Place (185 instances in 24 translations)
- High Places (126 instances in 23 translations)
- Knowledge From The Most High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Knowledge of the Most High (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Lord Most High (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Majesty on High (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Most High (74 instances in 39 translations)
- Most High God (16 instances in 39 translations)
- Power from on High (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Power Of The Most High (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Priest Forever (9 instances in 24 translations)
- Seated On High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Secret Place of the Most High (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Shelter Of The Most High (1 instance in 3 translations)
- A Kingdom Of Priests
- Aaron, As High Priest
- Aaron, Priestly Responsibilities
- Anointing Priests
- Chief priests
- Christ, The High Priest
- Corrupt Priests
- Covenant, God's with Israel's priests
- Deposed Priests
- Few Priests
- Food For Priests Defined
- God On High
- Heads Of Priestly Households
- High Places
- High Priest, In Nt
- High Priest, In Ot
- Jesus Christ, Priesthood
- Killing Priests
- Messianic Titles, High Priest
- Priesthood, In Nt
- Priesthood, In Ot
- Priestly Inheritance
- Priests Atoning
- Priests Garments
- Priests In Action
- Priests Possessing
- Priests, Function In Ot Times
- Priests, Institution In Ot Times
- Priests, Tasks In Nt Times
- Priests, Types Of In Nt Times
- Royal Priesthood
- Sacrificing On The High Places
- The Chief Priests Condemning Christ
- The Chief Priests Convened
- The Most High
- Things On High
- Unnamed Priests
- Christ Would Be Killed
- Opposition To Christ From Scribes
- Leaders, Spiritual
- 10 more topics on High
- 25 more topics on Priest