'High Priest' in the Bible
How was it that he went into the House of God during the lifetime of Abiathar the high priest and ate the Bread of the Presence, which was not lawful for anyone but the priests to eat, and gave some of it to his companions?"
And He began to teach them, that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders, and the high priests, and the scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
"See!" he said, "we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the high priests and scribes, and they will condemn him to death and hand him over to the heathen
The high priests and the scribes heard of this, and they cast about for a way of destroying him, for they were afraid of him, for all the people were amazed at what he taught.
They come again into Jerusalem. And He walking round in the temple, the high priests, and scribes, and elders come to Him;
After two days followed Easter, and the days of sweet bread. And the high priests and the scribes sought means, how they might take him by craft and put him to death.
And Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve, went away unto the high priests, to betray him unto them.
Immediately, while He was still speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, came and with him a crowd of men armed with swords and cudgels, sent by the High Priests and Scribes and Elders.
But one of the bystanders drew his sword, and struck the slave of the high priest, and cut off his ear.
They led Jesus away to the high priest; and all the chief priests and the elders and the scribes gathered together.
Peter followed him at a distance. He followed into the court of the high priest. He was sitting with the officers staying warm by the fire.
And the high priests and all the Sanhedrin were seeking for testimony against Jesus, in order to put Him to death; and they were not finding it.
And neither so was their evidence sufficient. Then the high priest standing up in the midst,
Then the high priest got up and came forward into the center and asked Jesus, "Have you no answer to make? What about their evidence against you?"
But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and saith unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
And the high priest having torn his clothes, he says, What further need have we of witnesses?
As Peter was in the courtyard below, one of the maids of the high priest came,
As soon as it was daylight, the high priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes, and they and the whole council bound Jesus and took him away and handed him over to Pilate.
Then the high priest brought many accusations against him,
For he could see that it was out of sheer spite that the High Priests had handed Him over.
But the high priests had moved the people that he should, rather, deliver Barabbas unto them.
Likewise also mocked him the high priests among themselves with the scribes, and said, "He saved other men, himself he cannot save.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Broke Down the High Places (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Chief Priest (158 instances in 34 translations)
- Dwells on High (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Enthroned On High (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Every High Hill (8 instances in 22 translations)
- God Most High (15 instances in 25 translations)
- Great High Priest (2 instances in 30 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- High God (17 instances in 39 translations)
- High Mountain (28 instances in 40 translations)
- High Place (185 instances in 24 translations)
- High Places (126 instances in 23 translations)
- Knowledge From The Most High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Knowledge of the Most High (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Lord Most High (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Majesty on High (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Most High (74 instances in 39 translations)
- Most High God (16 instances in 39 translations)
- Power from on High (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Power Of The Most High (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Priest Forever (9 instances in 24 translations)
- Seated On High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Secret Place of the Most High (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Shelter Of The Most High (1 instance in 3 translations)
- A Kingdom Of Priests
- Aaron, As High Priest
- Aaron, Priestly Responsibilities
- Anointing Priests
- Chief priests
- Christ, The High Priest
- Corrupt Priests
- Covenant, God's with Israel's priests
- Deposed Priests
- Few Priests
- Food For Priests Defined
- God On High
- Heads Of Priestly Households
- High Places
- High Priest, In Nt
- High Priest, In Ot
- Jesus Christ, Priesthood
- Killing Priests
- Messianic Titles, High Priest
- Priesthood, In Nt
- Priesthood, In Ot
- Priestly Inheritance
- Priests Atoning
- Priests Garments
- Priests In Action
- Priests Possessing
- Priests, Function In Ot Times
- Priests, Institution In Ot Times
- Priests, Tasks In Nt Times
- Priests, Types Of In Nt Times
- Royal Priesthood
- Sacrificing On The High Places
- The Chief Priests Condemning Christ
- The Chief Priests Convened
- The Most High
- Things On High
- Unnamed Priests
- Handing Over Christ
- Opposition To Christ From Scribes
- Teachers Of The Law
- Christ Would Be Killed
- 10 more topics on High
- 25 more topics on Priest