'High Priest' in the Bible
The Pharisees heard the crowd debating these things about him, so the high priests and the Pharisees sent officers to arrest Jesus.
The attendants went back to the high priests and Pharisees, and they said to the attendants, "Why have you not brought him?"
whereupon the high priests and the Pharisees called a meeting of the Sanhedrin. "Whatever is to be done?" they said. "The fellow is performing a number of Signs.
Then one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said, "You know nothing at all!
And he did not speak this of himself, but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for the nation;
And both the high priests and Pharisees had given commandment, if any one should know where He is, he should communicate it, in order that they might arrest Him.
But the high priests consulted, that they might slay Lazarus also;
So Judas got together the Roman garrison and some attendants from the high priests and Pharisees, and went there with lanterns and torches and weapons.
Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.
and brought [him] to Annas first, for he was the father-in-law of Caiaphas, who was high priest that year.
Simon Peter and another disciple were following Jesus. Since the other disciple was known to the high priest, he accompanied Jesus into the courtyard of the high priest.
but Peter was standing at the door outside. So the other disciple, who was known to the high priest, went out and spoke to the doorkeeper, and brought Peter in.
The High Priest questioned Jesus about his disciples and about his teaching.
When he said this one of the officers standing nearby struck Jesus with his hand, saying: You answer the high priest!
Then Annas sent Him bound to Caiaphas the high priest.
One of the servants of the high priest, being a kinsman of him whose ear Peter cut off, saith, Did not I see thee in the garden with him?
"Am I a Jew?" said Pilate. "Your own nation and the high priests have handed you over to me. What have you done?"
When the high priests and attendants saw Him, they shouted, "Crucify Him! Crucify Him!" Pilate said to them, "Take Him yourselves and crucify Him, for I can find no ground for a charge against Him."
This caused a storm of outcries, "Away with him! Away with him! Crucify him!" "Am I to crucify your king?" Pilate asked. "We have no king, except Caesar," answered the High Priests.
The high priests responded, "We have no king but Caesar!" Then Pilate handed him over to be crucified, and they took Jesus away.
Then said the high priests of the Jews to Pilate, "Write not, 'King of the Jews,' but that 'He said, I am King of the Jews.'"
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Broke Down the High Places (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Chief Priest (158 instances in 34 translations)
- Dwells on High (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Enthroned On High (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Every High Hill (8 instances in 22 translations)
- God Most High (15 instances in 25 translations)
- Great High Priest (2 instances in 30 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- High God (17 instances in 39 translations)
- High Mountain (28 instances in 40 translations)
- High Place (185 instances in 24 translations)
- High Places (126 instances in 23 translations)
- Knowledge From The Most High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Knowledge of the Most High (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Lord Most High (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Majesty on High (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Most High (74 instances in 39 translations)
- Most High God (16 instances in 39 translations)
- Power from on High (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Power Of The Most High (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Priest Forever (9 instances in 24 translations)
- Seated On High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Secret Place of the Most High (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Shelter Of The Most High (1 instance in 3 translations)
- A Kingdom Of Priests
- Aaron, As High Priest
- Aaron, Priestly Responsibilities
- Anointing Priests
- Chief priests
- Christ, The High Priest
- Corrupt Priests
- Covenant, God's with Israel's priests
- Deposed Priests
- Few Priests
- Food For Priests Defined
- God On High
- Heads Of Priestly Households
- High Places
- High Priest, In Nt
- High Priest, In Ot
- Jesus Christ, Priesthood
- Killing Priests
- Messianic Titles, High Priest
- Priesthood, In Nt
- Priesthood, In Ot
- Priestly Inheritance
- Priests Atoning
- Priests Garments
- Priests In Action
- Priests Possessing
- Priests, Function In Ot Times
- Priests, Institution In Ot Times