'It is I' in the Bible
Yet when we are among the full-grown (spiritually mature Christians who are ripe in understanding), we do impart a [higher] wisdom (the knowledge of the divine plan previously hidden); but it is indeed not a wisdom of this present age or of this world nor of the leaders and rulers of this age, who are being brought to nothing and are doomed to pass away.
For even if you were to have ten thousand spiritual instructors--for all that you could not have several fathers. It is I who in Christ Jesus became your father through the Good News.
Now therefore it is indeed altogether a defeat for you because ye have legal disputes against yourselves. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded?
To the rest it is I who speak--not the Lord. If a brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, let him not send her away.
But if the unbelieving partner be determined to leave, separation let it be. In such cases the believing husband or wife is not under bondage. But it is into peace that God has called us.
It is in your own interest that I say this; not that I may entangle you in a snare, but that I may help you to serve the Lord with fitting and undistracted service.
The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is free and may be married to whom she will, if it is in the Lord.
But it is important for you to keep this fact in mind, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man, and the head of Christ is God.
For it is to be expected [i.e., it is inevitable] that there would be dissensions among you, so that those who are approved [by God] can become known among you.
It is important, brethren, that you should have clear knowledge on the subject of spiritual gifts.
for God is not a God of disorder but of order, as it is in all the churches of God's people.
If they want to learn anything, they should ask their own husbands at home, for it is inappropriate for a woman to speak out in church.
Therefore, whether it is I or they, so we preach and so you have believed.
If from merely human motives I have fought with wild beasts in Ephesus, what profit is it to me? If the dead do not rise, let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we are to die.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (10)
- Exodus (5)
- Leviticus (19)
- Numbers (3)
- Deuteronomy (6)
- Joshua (2)
- Judges (7)
- 1 Samuel (3)
- 2 Samuel (6)
- 1 Kings (5)
- 1 Chronicles (3)
- 2 Chronicles (3)
- Nehemiah (1)
- Job (7)
- Psalm (8)
- Proverbs (3)
- Ecclesiastes (1)
- Isaiah (23)
- Jeremiah (11)
- Ezekiel (11)
- Daniel (5)
- Hosea (6)
- Micah (2)
- Haggai (1)
- Malachi (2)
- As It is Written (69 instances in 35 translations)
- Be It Far From Me (6 instances in 13 translations)
- Conscience When It Is Weak (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Declare It Boldly (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Far Be It from Me (13 instances in 21 translations)
- How Good It is (6 instances in 10 translations)
- I Will Raise It Up (2 instances in 27 translations)
- If It Pleases the King (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Is It Lawful (12 instances in 31 translations)
- It is Finished (8 instances in 33 translations)
- It is Impossible (25 instances in 39 translations)
- It is the Lord (49 instances in 36 translations)
- It is Written (121 instances in 36 translations)
- It Was Good (28 instances in 23 translations)
- It Will Be Forgiven (11 instances in 14 translations)
- Keep It Holy (5 instances in 13 translations)
- Placed It In A Tomb (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Sealed It (11 instances in 27 translations)
- Sweat Was As It Were Great Drops (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Take It And Eat It (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Take It Away From Me (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Take It to Heart (9 instances in 11 translations)
- That It May Go Well with You (13 instances in 10 translations)
- That It Might Be Fulfilled (12 instances in 18 translations)
- What Will It Profit A Man (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Wind Blows Where It Wishes (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Write on It (6 instances in 12 translations)
- You Have Heard that It Was Said (5 instances in 18 translations)