'It is Written' in the Bible
Now when the period of their purification ended, in accordance with the law of Moses, they took Him up to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord, to do as it is written in the law of the Lord,
(As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;)
and he went into all the Jordan-district preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins ??4 as it is written in the book of the sayings of the prophet Isaiah, The voice of one who cries in the desert, 'Make the way ready for the Lord, level the paths for him.
As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Then he brought Him to Jerusalem and caused Him to stand on the roof of the Temple, and said to Him, "If you are God's Son, throw yourself down from here; for it is written,
For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:
they delivered to him the book of the prophet Esaias, and upon opening the book, that passage occurr'd, where it is written,
This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
As soon as he entred into the temple, he drove out the sellers and buyers there: telling them it is written,
Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.
And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- As It is Written (69 instances in 35 translations)
- Be It Far From Me (6 instances in 13 translations)
- Conscience When It Is Weak (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Declare It Boldly (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Far Be It from Me (13 instances in 21 translations)
- How Good It is (6 instances in 10 translations)
- I Will Raise It Up (2 instances in 27 translations)
- If It Pleases the King (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Is It Lawful (12 instances in 31 translations)
- It is Finished (8 instances in 33 translations)
- It is I (300 instances in 39 translations)
- It is Impossible (25 instances in 39 translations)
- It is the Lord (49 instances in 36 translations)
- It Was Good (28 instances in 23 translations)
- It Will Be Forgiven (11 instances in 14 translations)
- Keep It Holy (5 instances in 13 translations)
- Law Written in Their Hearts (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Placed It In A Tomb (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Sealed It (11 instances in 27 translations)
- Sweat Was As It Were Great Drops (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Take It And Eat It (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Take It Away From Me (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Take It to Heart (9 instances in 11 translations)
- That It May Go Well with You (13 instances in 10 translations)
- That It Might Be Fulfilled (12 instances in 18 translations)
- What Is Written (28 instances in 35 translations)
- What Will It Profit A Man (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Wind Blows Where It Wishes (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Write on It (6 instances in 12 translations)
- Written by the Prophets (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Written in the Book (83 instances in 39 translations)
- Written in the Prophets (5 instances in 36 translations)
- You Have Heard that It Was Said (5 instances in 18 translations)