'King of Israel' in the Bible
Zadok and Nathan are to anoint him as king of Israel. Then blow the trumpet and shout: Long live King Solomon!
He was king of Israel for forty years. He ruled seven years in Hebron and thirty-three years in Jerusalem.
In the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel came out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year that Solomon was king of Israel, in the month Ziv, which is the second month, the building of the Lord's house was started.
Now Jehovah has kept his promise. I have succeeded my father as king of Israel. And I have built the Temple for the worship of Jehovah the God of Israel.
Jehovah, God of Israel, I pray that you will also keep the other promise you made to my father when you told him there would always be one of his descendants ruling as king of Israel, provided they obeyed you as carefully as he did.
Praise Jehovah your God! He delighted in you and made you king of Israel. Jehovah's love for Israel is long lasting, he has made you king, to be their judge in righteousness.
Jeroboam, I will make you king of Israel. You will rule over all the territory that you want.
If you obey me completely I will always be with you. You must live by my laws, and win my approval by doing what I command, as my servant David did. I will make you king of Israel and will make sure that your descendants rule after you, just as I have done for David.
Jeroboam said to his wife: Disguise yourself so that no one will recognize you, and go to Shiloh. That is where the prophet Ahijah lives. He is the one who said I would be king of Israel.
Jeroboam had been king of Israel twenty years. Asa became king of Judah.
And there was war between Asa and Baasha king of Israel all their days.
And Baasha king of Israel went up against Judah and built Ramah, so that he might not allow any to go out or come in to Asa king of Judah.
There is a covenant between me and thee and between my father and thy father; behold, I have sent unto thee a bribe of silver and gold; come and break thy covenant with Baasha, king of Israel, that he may depart from me.
Nadab, the son of Jeroboam, became king over Israel in the second year that Asa was king of Judah; and he was king of Israel for two years.
And there was war between Asa and Baasha king of Israel all their days.
In the twenty-sixth year that Asa was king of Judah, Elah, the son of Baasha, became king of Israel in Tirzah, and he was king for two years.
And he sent messengers to Ahab king of Israel into the city, and said to him, Thus saith Ben-hadad,
The king of Israel answered, "It is according to your saying, my lord, O king. I am yours, and all that I have."
Then the king of Israel called for all the elders of the land and said, "Think it over and you will see that this one is only looking for trouble, for he demanded my wives, my children, my silver, and my gold, and I didn't turn him down."
And the king of Israel answereth and saith, 'Speak ye: let not him who is girding on boast himself as him who is loosing his armour.'
Behold, a prophet came near to Ahab king of Israel, and said, "Thus says Yahweh, 'Have you seen all this great multitude? Behold, I will deliver it into your hand this day; and you shall know that I am Yahweh.'"
The king of Israel went out, and struck the horses and chariots, and killed the Syrians with a great slaughter.
The prophet came to the king of Israel and said to him, Go, fortify yourself and become strong and give attention to what you must do, for at the first of next year the king of Syria will return against you.
And it will be at the return of the year, and Ben-hadad will review Aram, and he will go up to Aphek to the war with the king of Israel.
And a man of God came near and spoke to the king of Israel, and said, So says Jehovah, Because the Syrians have said, Jehovah is God of the hills, but He is not God of the valleys, therefore I will deliver all this great multitude into your hand, and you shall know that I am Jehovah.
His servants said to him: It is said that the kings of Israel are full of mercy: let us then put on haircloth, and cords on our heads, and go to the king of Israel. Maybe he will give you your life.
So they girded sackcloth on their loins and put ropes on their heads and came to the king of Israel and said, Thy slave Benhadad saith, I pray thee, let me live. And he replied, If he is yet alive, he is my brother.
And as thy servant was busy here and there, he was gone. And the king of Israel said unto him, So shall thy judgment be; thyself hast decided it.
He hurried, and took the headband away from his eyes; and the king of Israel recognized that he was of the prophets.
The king of Israel left for home resentful and angry, and he entered Samaria.
"Aren't you the reigning king of Israel," his wife Jezebel replied. "Get up, have a meal, and get ready to be happy. I'll go get you the vineyard that Naboth the Jezreelite owns."
Rise, go down to meet Ahab king of Israel, who is in Samaria, -- lo, in the vineyard of Naboth, whither he hath gone down to possess it,
and it cometh to pass in the third year, that Jehoshaphat king of Judah cometh down unto the king of Israel,
The king of Israel said to his servants, "You know that Ramoth Gilead is ours, and we are still, and don't take it out of the hand of the king of Syria?"
And he will say to Jehoshaphat, Go with me to battle to Ramoth-Gilead. And Jehoshaphat will say to the king of Israel, As me, as thee; as my people, as thy people; as my horses, as thy horses.
And Jehoshaphat said to the king of Israel, Please inquire at the Word of Jehovah today.
Then [Ahab] king of Israel gathered the prophets together, about 400 men, and said to them, Shall I go against Ramoth-gilead to battle, or shall I hold back? And they said, Go up, for the Lord will deliver it into the hand of the king.
And the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man by whom we may inquire of Jehovah; but I hate him, for he prophesies no good concerning me, but evil: it is Micah the son of Imlah. And Jehoshaphat said, Let not the king say so.
Then the king of Israel called an officer, and said, Bring quickly Micaiah the son of Imlah.
And the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat the king of Judah sat each on his throne, having put on their robes, in a void place in the entrance of the gate of Samaria; and all the prophets prophesied before them.
The king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, "Did I not tell you that he would not prophesy good concerning me, but evil?"
Then the king of Israel ordered, "Take Micaiah and return him to Amon, the governor of the city, and to Joash, the king's son,
And the king of Israel goeth up, and Jehoshaphat king of Judah, to Ramoth-Gilead.
The king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, "I will disguise myself and go into the battle, but you put on your robes." So the king of Israel disguised himself and went into the battle.
Now the king of Syria had commanded the thirty-two captains of his chariots, saying, Fight neither with small nor great, except only with the king of Israel.
And it will be when the chiefs of the chariots saw Jehoshaphat, and they said, Surely he is the king of Israel. And they will turn aside to fight against him: and Jehoshaphat will cry out
And it happened when the commanders of the chariots saw that it was not the king of Israel, they turned back from pursuing him.
But a certain man drew a bow at a venture and smote [Ahab] the king of Israel between the joints of the armor. So he said to the driver of his chariot, Turn around and carry me out of the army, for I am wounded.
The battle continued on for the rest of the day while the king of Israel was propped up in front of the Arameans until the sun set, at which time he died. The blood from Ahab's wound ran down into the bottom of the chariot.
And when the king of Israel was dead, they came to Samaria and buried him there.
And Jehoshaphat, the son of Asa, began to reign over Judah in the fourth year of Ahab, king of Israel.
And Jehoshaphat made peace with the king of Israel.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- All Israel (201 instances in 38 translations)
- All Israel Will Be Saved (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Backsliding Israel (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Behold Your King (2 instances in 19 translations)
- Caused My People Israel to Err (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Children of Israel (719 instances in 33 translations)
- Chronicles of the Kings of Israel (18 instances in 15 translations)
- Commonwealth of Israel (2 instances in 25 translations)
- Community Of Israel (22 instances in 6 translations)
- Congregation of Israel (47 instances in 18 translations)
- Congregation of the Children of Israel (27 instances in 8 translations)
- Consolation of Israel (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Elders of Israel (40 instances in 28 translations)
- Elders of the House of Israel (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Exiles Of Israel (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Faithless Israel (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Firstborn of Israel (6 instances in 15 translations)
- Fought Against Israel (11 instances in 19 translations)
- God is the King (2 instances in 13 translations)
- God of Israel (223 instances in 39 translations)
- God of the Armies of Israel (1 instance in 13 translations)
- God Save The King (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Great King (24 instances in 39 translations)
- Hear O Israel (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Holy One of Israel (32 instances in 22 translations)
- House of Israel (160 instances in 38 translations)
- If It Pleases the King (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Israel Had No King (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Israel My Inheritance (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Israel of God (1 instance in 35 translations)
- King of Glory (4 instances in 20 translations)
- King of Judah (166 instances in 22 translations)
- King of Kings (8 instances in 40 translations)
- King of the Jews (20 instances in 39 translations)
- King Over Israel (52 instances in 22 translations)
- King Over Judah (16 instances in 21 translations)
- Land of Israel (55 instances in 38 translations)
- Led My People Israel Astray (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Light of Israel (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Long Live the King (7 instances in 17 translations)
- Lord God of Israel (159 instances in 19 translations)
- Lord is King (11 instances in 13 translations)
- Men of Israel (145 instances in 38 translations)
- My Lord the King (58 instances in 21 translations)
- No King in Israel (4 instances in 20 translations)
- Outcasts of Israel (3 instances in 19 translations)
- Peace Be Upon Israel (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Peace Shall Be Upon Israel (1 instance in 4 translations)
- People of Israel (386 instances in 39 translations)
- Pride of Israel (3 instances in 17 translations)
- Remnant of Israel (12 instances in 21 translations)
- Restore the Kingdom to Israel (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Shepherds of Israel (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Sons of Israel (619 instances in 38 translations)
- There Was No King in Israel (4 instances in 17 translations)
- Tribes of Israel (74 instances in 39 translations)
- A Kingdom Of Priests
- Anointing Kings
- Armies, Against Israel
- Artaxerxes The King
- Assembling Israel
- Attitudes Towards Kings
- Babylon, Israel Exiled To
- Backsliding, Israel Exanples
- Being Earnest For Israel
- Blessings, To Israel
- Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- Camp, Of Israel
- Captivity, Of Israel
- Children And The Kingdom
- Christ Is King Of Israel
- Church Distinct From Israel
- Cities In Israel
- Conversion Of Israel
- Covenant, God's with Israel's priests
- Cursing Israel
- Downfall Of Israel
- Enemies, of Israel and Judah
- Entering The Kingdom
- Exile Of Israel To Assyria
- Few In The Kingdom
- Foreign Kings
- Fullness Of The Kingdom
- Gathering Israel
- God Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- God Protector Of Israel
- God Scattering Israel
- God's Activity In Israel
- God's Glory In Israel
- God's Love For Israel
- Good Kings
- Good Kings Examples Of
- Imitating Good Kings
- Imitating Wicked Kings
- Israel As Sons Of God
- Israel As The Elect
- Israel Fleeing
- Israel Hardened
- Israel In The Wilderness
- Israel In Tribulation
- Jerusalem In Millennial Kingdom
- Jesus As King Of Kings
- Jesus Christ, King
- Joy, Of Israel
- Judging Israel
- Killing Israelites
- Killing Kings
- Killing Within Israel
- Kingdom Of God
- Kingdom Of God, Characteristics Of
- Kingdom Of God, Coming Of
- Kingdom Of God, Entry Into
- Kingdom Of Heaven
- Kings And Pride
- Kings And Wisdom
- Kings Exiled
- Kings Of All Israel Or Judah
- Kings of judah
- Kings Of The Northern Kingdom
- Kings Summoning
- Kings Warned About
- Kings, Duties Of
- Kings, How They Should Act
- Kingship, Divine
- Kingship, Human
- Knowing About God's Kingdom
- Land Permanently Restored To Israel
- Land Promised To Israel
- List Of Kings Of Israel
- Making Israel Jealous
- Making Kings
- Many In Israel
- Messianic Titles, King Of The Jews
- Millennial Kingdom
- Millennial Kingdom, Christ Crushes Wickedness
- Millennial Kingdom, Christ Restores Israel
- Millennial Kingdom, Christ Supreme On The Earth
- Millennial Kingdom, Earth Filled With Knowledge Of God
- Millennial Kingdom, Universal Peace And Blessing
- Mission, Of Israel
- Mothers Of Kings
- Nations Attacking Israel
- Nature Of Kings
- No King
- Northern Kingdom Of Israel
- Others Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- Outside The Kingdom
- Parables Of The Kingdom
- Parables Of The Kingdom Of Heaven
- People Of The Kingdom
- Rebellion, Of Israel
- Rebirth Of Israel
- Salvation For Israel
- Satan, Kingdom Of
- Serving Kings
- Shepherds, As Kings And Leaders
- Shutting The Kingdom
- Strangers in israel
- Survivors Of Israel
- The King's Orders
- The Kingdom Of Others
- The Kingdom Of Solomon
- The Law Given To Israel
- The Mountains Of Israel
- Those To Be Cut Off From Israel
- Tribes Of Israel
- Unique Israel
- Wine In Millennial Kingdom
- Woe To Israel And Jerusalem