'Lifted Up' in the Bible
And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
Then I was lifted up by the wind, and at my back the sound of a great rushing came to my ears when the glory of the Lord was lifted up from his place.
Violent behaviour has been lifted up into a rod of evil; it will not be slow in coming, it will not keep back.
Then said he unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.
Then the cherub stretched out his hand from among the cherubim toward the fire that [was] among the cherubim, and he lifted up and gave [it] into the hollow of the hand of [the man] clothed with linen, and he took [it], and he went out.
And the cherubims were lifted up. This is the living creature that I saw by the river of Chebar.
And when the cherubims went, the wheels went by them: and when the cherubims lifted up their wings to mount up from the earth, the same wheels also turned not from beside them.
When they stood, these stood; and when they were lifted up, these lifted up themselves also: for the spirit of the living creature was in them.
And the cherubims lifted up their wings, and mounted up from the earth in my sight: when they went out, the wheels also were beside them, and every one stood at the door of the east gate of the LORD'S house; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.
And the cherubim lifted up their wings, and the wheels were beside them; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.
And I shall do thus as I was commanded: I brought forth the vessels as vessels of captivity by day, and in the evening I broke through for me in the wall with the hand; in the thick darkness I brought forth, upon the shoulder I lifted up before their eyes.
To be a low kingdom, not to be lifted up, to watch his covenant to stand to it
And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,
Hath oppressed the poor and needy, hath spoiled by violence, hath not restored the pledge, and hath lifted up his eyes to the idols, hath committed abomination,
That hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, hath not defiled his neighbour's wife,
And she had a strong rod for a rod of authority for the rulers, and it became tall among the clouds and it was seen lifted up among the number of its branches.
And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day when I chose Israel, and lifted up mine hand unto the seed of the house of Jacob, and made myself known unto them in the land of Egypt, when I lifted up mine hand unto them, saying, I am the LORD your God;
In the day that I lifted up mine hand unto them, to bring them forth of the land of Egypt into a land that I had espied for them, flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands:
Yet also I lifted up my hand unto them in the wilderness, that I would not bring them into the land which I had given them, flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands;
I lifted up mine hand unto them also in the wilderness, that I would scatter them among the heathen, and disperse them through the countries;
For when I had brought them into the land, for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to them, then they saw every high hill, and all the thick trees, and they offered there their sacrifices, and there they presented the provocation of their offering: there also they made their sweet savour, and poured out there their drink offerings.
And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers.
This is what the Lord has said: Take away the holy head-dress, take off the crown: this will not be again: let that which is low be lifted up, and that which is high be made low.
So I will put an end to your evil ways and your loose behaviour which came from the land of Egypt: and your eyes will never be lifted up to them again, and you will have no more memory of Egypt.
Thy daughters in the field he shall slay with the sword: and he gave a watch-tower against thee, and he threw up a mound against thee, and lifted up the buckler against thee.
And have lifted up for thee a lamentation, And said to thee: How hast thou perished, That art inhabited from the seas, The praised city, that was strong in the sea, She and her inhabitants, Who put their terror on all her inhabitants!
And lifted up for thee have their sons a lamentation, And they have lamented over thee, who is as Tyre? As the cut-off one in the midst of the sea?
Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:
By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches:
Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
It will be the lowest of the kingdoms, and never again will it be lifted up over the nations: I will make them small, so that they may not have rule over the nations.
For this, thus said the Lord Jehovah: Behold me giving to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babel, the land of Egypt; and he lifted up her multitude, and he spoiled her spoil and plundered her plunder, and it was the wages to his army.
So his height was lifted up above all the trees of the field, and his boughs were multiplied, and his branches became long because of the many waters, when he sent out.
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height, and he hath shot up his top among the thick boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height;
In order that no trees by the waters may be lifted up in their growth, putting their tops among the clouds; and that no trees which are watered may take their place on high: for they are all given up to death, to the lowest parts of the earth among the children of men, with those who go down to the underworld.
For this cause say to them, This is what the Lord has said: You take your meat with the blood, your eyes are lifted up to your images, and you are takers of life: are you to have the land for your heritage?
Therefore prophesy and say, So says the Lord Jehovah: Because of the wasting and crushing of you from all around, that you might be a possession to the rest of the nations, and you were lifted up on the tip of the tongue, and the talking of the people;
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I have lifted up mine hand, Surely the heathen that are about you, they shall bear their shame.
Because they ministered unto them before their idols, and caused the house of Israel to fall into iniquity; therefore have I lifted up mine hand against them, saith the Lord GOD, and they shall bear their iniquity.
And the best of all the first-fruits of everything, and every offering which is lifted up of all your offerings, will be for the priests: and you are to give the priest the first of your bread-making, so causing a blessing to come on your house.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (26)
- Exodus (24)
- Leviticus (16)
- Numbers (28)
- Deuteronomy (10)
- Joshua (6)
- Judges (5)
- Ruth (2)
- 1 Samuel (10)
- 2 Samuel (14)
- 1 Kings (9)
- 2 Kings (9)
- 1 Chronicles (7)
- 2 Chronicles (12)
- Ezra (5)
- Nehemiah (3)
- Esther (1)
- Job (24)
- Psalm (65)
- Proverbs (17)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (64)
- Jeremiah (24)
- Lamentations (5)
- Ezekiel (43)
- Daniel (14)
- Hosea (3)
- Amos (3)
- Micah (4)
- Nahum (2)
- Habakkuk (3)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Zechariah (12)
- Malachi (1)
- Bind Up The Brokenhearted (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Bind Us Up (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Bore Up (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Build Up Your Throne (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Caught Up into Paradise (2 instances in 24 translations)
- Death is Swallowed Up (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Delivered Up to Be Crucified (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Folly Is Bound Up (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Foolishness is Bound Up (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Get Him Up (3 instances in 6 translations)
- Gird Up the Loins (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Going Up to Jerusalem (14 instances in 36 translations)
- Gone Up To Heaven (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Hatred Stirs Up Strife (1 instance in 8 translations)
- He Was Taken Up (9 instances in 39 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- I Will Raise It Up (2 instances in 27 translations)
- Knowledge Puffs Up (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Laid Up for You in Heaven (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Lay Up for Yourselves (4 instances in 18 translations)
- Lift Up His Eyes (21 instances in 19 translations)
- Lift Up My Eyes (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Lift Up My Soul (3 instances in 15 translations)
- Lift Up the Son of Man (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Lift Up Your Eyes (15 instances in 32 translations)
- Lift Up Your Heads (3 instances in 32 translations)
- Lift Up Your Voice (7 instances in 9 translations)
- Lifted Up from the Earth (6 instances in 35 translations)
- Lifted Up His Eyes (23 instances in 30 translations)
- Lifted Up the Serpent (1 instance in 30 translations)
- Lifted Up The Son Of Man (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Lifted Up Their Voice (16 instances in 32 translations)
- Lifted Up Their Voices (14 instances in 19 translations)
- Lofty And Lifted Up (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Looked Up (145 instances in 39 translations)
- Looking Up Toward Heaven (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Lord Had Shut Up Her Womb (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Love Builds Up (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Not Give Up (39 instances in 24 translations)
- Offer Up Spiritual Sacrifices (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Offered Up Isaac (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Raise Him Up (19 instances in 36 translations)
- Raise Up the Name of the Dead (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Raised Up a Deliverer (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Received Up in Glory (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Rolled Up Like a Scroll (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Seal Up (17 instances in 38 translations)
- Shut Thou Up (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Spirit Lifted Me Up (6 instances in 18 translations)
- Spirit Took Me Up (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Stirs Up Dissension (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Stirs Up Strife (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Swallow Up Death (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Take Up a Lamentation (9 instances in 13 translations)
- Take Up His Cross (7 instances in 37 translations)
- Take Up the Cross (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Taken Up In Glory (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Up to Half My Kingdom (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Went Up To Heaven (6 instances in 27 translations)