'Loaf of Bread' in the Bible
And one loaf of bread, and one cake of oiled bread, and one wafer out of the basket of the unleavened bread that is before the LORD:
and from the basket of unleavened bread that was before the Lord he took one unleavened loaf, one loaf of bread mixed with olive oil, and one wafer, and placed them on the fat parts and on the right thigh.
Gideon arrived just as a soldier was talking to a friend about a dream. "Look!" he was saying. "I had a dream that went like this: A loaf of barley bread rolled into the Midianite encampment, came to a tent, and collided with it. The loaf of bread fell down, turned upside down, and the tent collapsed!"
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left in thy house shall come and bow down to him for a piece of silver and a loaf of bread, and shall say, Put me, I pray thee, into one of the priests offices, that I may eat a morsel of bread.
Then he distributed a loaf of bread, a date cake, and a raisin cake to each one of the whole multitude of the people of Israel, both men and women. Then all the people left, each to his own home.
Then he looked, and there at his head was a loaf of bread baked over hot stones and a jug of water. So he ate and drank and lay down again.
And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine.
for by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a loaf of bread, and another's wife doth hunt for the precious soul.
Then Zedekiah the king commanded, and they committed Jeremiah into the court of the guard; and they gave him daily a loaf of bread out of the bakers'street, until all the bread in the city was spent. Thus Jeremiah remained in the court of the guard.
Ephraim mixes with other nations. Ephraim, you are like a half-baked loaf of bread.
Or what man is there of you who, if his son shall ask of him a loaf of bread, will give him a stone;
While they were eating, Jesus took a loaf of bread and blessed it. Then he broke it in pieces and handed it to the disciples, saying, "Take this and eat it. This is my body."
Now Jesus' disciples had forgotten to take [any] food [with them], and had only one loaf of bread in the boat.
While they were eating, Jesus took a loaf of bread and blessed it. Then he broke it in pieces and handed it to them, saying, "Take some. This is my body."
The Devil told him, "Since you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become a loaf of bread."
What father among you, if his son asks for a loaf of bread, will give him a stone; or if he asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent?
Then he took a loaf of bread, gave thanks, broke it in pieces, and handed it to them, saying, "This is my body, which is given for you. Keep on doing this in memory of me."
And it happened when Jesus had reclined at the dinner table with them [Note: See Matt. 23:6], that He took a [small] loaf of bread, asked God's blessing on it, then broke it and gave [pieces] to the two men.
Then the two men recounted what happened along the road and how Jesus was recognized by them when He broke the loaf of bread.
The cup of blessing, which we bless, does it not mean a joint-participation in the blood of Christ? The loaf of bread which we break, does it not mean a joint-participation in the body of Christ?
Because there is one loaf of bread, we, who are many, are one body; for we all partake of the one loaf of bread.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Bread and Water (12 instances in 22 translations)
- Bread and Wine (5 instances in 23 translations)
- Bread Eaten in Secret (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Bread from Heaven (6 instances in 31 translations)
- Bread of Adversity (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Bread Of Angels (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Bread of God (4 instances in 33 translations)
- Bread of Heaven (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Bread of Idleness (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Bread of Life (4 instances in 35 translations)
- Bread of Sorrows (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Bread of Wickedness (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Bread to the Hungry (4 instances in 17 translations)
- Bread Without Yeast (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Break Bread (2 instances in 34 translations)
- Breaking Bread (4 instances in 28 translations)
- Breaking of Bread (4 instances in 33 translations)
- Broke The Bread (3 instances in 6 translations)
- By Bread Alone (3 instances in 25 translations)
- Cast Your Bread Upon the Waters (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Daily Bread (4 instances in 26 translations)
- Eat Bread Made Without Yeast (8 instances in 1 translation)
- Eat Unleavened Bread (12 instances in 19 translations)
- Feast of Unleavened Bread (18 instances in 31 translations)
- I Am the Bread (5 instances in 38 translations)
- Living Bread (3 instances in 37 translations)
- Loaves of Bread (36 instances in 27 translations)
- Man Shall Not Live by Bread Alone (3 instances in 18 translations)
- On Bread Alone (3 instances in 16 translations)
- Rain Bread from Heaven (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Table Of The Bread Of The Presence (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Took Bread (12 instances in 34 translations)
- Unleavened Bread (55 instances in 38 translations)
- Consecrated Bread
- Feast Of Unleavened Bread
- Unleavened Bread
- Body Of Christ, Symbolized
- Lord's Supper