'Looked Up' in the Bible
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock, and of their fat. And Jehovah looked upon Abel, and on his offering;
And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
Lot looked up and saw the whole region of the Jordan. He noticed that all of it was well-watered (before the Lord obliterated Sodom and Gomorrah) like the garden of the Lord, like the land of Egypt, all the way to Zoar.
So she called the name of the Lord Who spoke to her, You are a God of seeing, for she said, Have I [not] even here [in the wilderness] looked upon Him Who sees me [and lived]? Or have I here also seen [the future purposes or designs of] Him Who sees me?
He looked up, and he saw three men standing near him. When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of the tent to meet them and bowed to the ground.
On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance.
Then Abraham looked up and glanced around, and behold, behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up for a burnt offering and an ascending sacrifice instead of his son!
And Isaac went out to meditate and bow down [in prayer] in the open country in the evening; and he looked up and saw that, behold, the camels were coming.
And Rebekah looked up, and when she saw Isaac, she dismounted from the camel.
And Leah conceived, and bare a son, and she called his name Reuben: for she said, Surely the LORD hath looked upon my affliction; now therefore my husband will love me.
And Jacob looked upon the face of Laban, - and lo! it was not with him as afore-time.
And I had a dream at the time the flock conceived. I looked up and saw that the rams which mated with the she-goats were streaked, speckled, and spotted.
Had not the God of my father, the God of Abraham, and the fear of Isaac, been with me, it is certain thou wouldest have sent me away now empty. God has looked upon my affliction and the labour of my hands, and has judged last night.
Now Jacob looked up and saw Esau coming toward him with 400 men. So he divided the children among Leah, Rachel, and the two female slaves.
[Esau] looked up and saw the women and the children and said, Who are these with you? And [Jacob] replied, They are the children whom God has graciously given your servant.
Then they sat down to eat their lunch. When they looked up, behold, they saw a caravan of Ishmaelites [mixed Arabians] coming from Gilead, with their camels bearing gum [of the styrax tree], balm (balsam), and myrrh or ladanum, going on their way to carry them down to Egypt.
And therefore he left all that he had in Joseph's hand, and looked upon nothing that was with him, save only on the bread which he ate. And Joseph was a goodly person and a well favored.
And Joseph came in unto them in the morning, and looked upon them, and, behold, they were sad.
And he looked up and saw his [full] brother Benjamin, his mother's [only other] son, and said, Is this your youngest brother, of whom you spoke to me? And he said, God be gracious to you, my son!
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (19)
- Exodus (7)
- Numbers (4)
- Deuteronomy (1)
- Joshua (1)
- Judges (3)
- 1 Samuel (3)
- 2 Samuel (1)
- 2 Kings (4)
- 1 Chronicles (2)
- 2 Chronicles (2)
- Esther (2)
- Job (2)
- Psalm (9)
- Proverbs (1)
- Ecclesiastes (1)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (3)
- Jeremiah (2)
- Ezekiel (5)
- Daniel (4)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Zechariah (5)
- Malachi (1)
- Bind Up The Brokenhearted (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Bind Us Up (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Bore Up (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Build Up Your Throne (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Caught Up into Paradise (2 instances in 24 translations)
- Death is Swallowed Up (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Delivered Up to Be Crucified (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Folly Is Bound Up (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Foolishness is Bound Up (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Get Him Up (3 instances in 6 translations)
- Gird Up the Loins (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Going Up to Jerusalem (14 instances in 36 translations)
- Gone Up To Heaven (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Hatred Stirs Up Strife (1 instance in 8 translations)
- He Was Taken Up (9 instances in 39 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- I Will Raise It Up (2 instances in 27 translations)
- Knowledge Puffs Up (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Laid Up for You in Heaven (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Lay Up for Yourselves (4 instances in 18 translations)
- Lift Up His Eyes (21 instances in 19 translations)
- Lift Up My Eyes (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Lift Up My Soul (3 instances in 15 translations)
- Lift Up the Son of Man (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Lift Up Your Eyes (15 instances in 32 translations)
- Lift Up Your Heads (3 instances in 32 translations)
- Lift Up Your Voice (7 instances in 9 translations)
- Lifted Up (549 instances in 40 translations)
- Lifted Up from the Earth (6 instances in 35 translations)
- Lifted Up His Eyes (23 instances in 30 translations)
- Lifted Up the Serpent (1 instance in 30 translations)
- Lifted Up The Son Of Man (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Lifted Up Their Voice (16 instances in 32 translations)
- Lifted Up Their Voices (14 instances in 19 translations)
- Lofty And Lifted Up (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Looked on Our Affliction (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Looked on Their Affliction (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Looking Up Toward Heaven (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Lord Had Shut Up Her Womb (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Love Builds Up (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Not Give Up (39 instances in 24 translations)
- Offer Up Spiritual Sacrifices (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Offered Up Isaac (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Raise Him Up (19 instances in 36 translations)
- Raise Up the Name of the Dead (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Raised Up a Deliverer (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Received Up in Glory (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Rolled Up Like a Scroll (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Seal Up (17 instances in 38 translations)
- Shut Thou Up (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Spirit Lifted Me Up (6 instances in 18 translations)
- Spirit Took Me Up (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Stirs Up Dissension (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Stirs Up Strife (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Swallow Up Death (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Take Up a Lamentation (9 instances in 13 translations)
- Take Up His Cross (7 instances in 37 translations)
- Take Up the Cross (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Taken Up In Glory (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Up to Half My Kingdom (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Went Up To Heaven (6 instances in 27 translations)