'Of This World' in the Bible
From men by Your hand, O Lord, from men of this world [these poor moths of the night] whose portion in life is idle and vain. Their bellies are filled with Your hidden treasure [what You have stored up]; their children are satiated, and they leave the rest [of their] wealth to their babes.
LORD, make me to know my end and the measure of my days, what it is that I may know how long I am to be of this world.
May You prolong the [true] King's life [adding days upon days], and may His years be to the last generation [of this world and the generations of the world to come].
He brings princes to nothing and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing.
He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
Just so shall it be at the end of this world: the angels shall go forth, and shall separate the wicked from amidst the just,
And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.
And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
Take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be overcome with surfeiting and drunkenness, and cares of this world: and that, that day come on you unawares.
And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
If you were of this world, the world would be a friend to its own; but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
And let not your behaviour be like that of this world, but be changed and made new in mind, so that by experience you may have knowledge of the good and pleasing and complete purpose of God.
Yes, they were glad to do so; and indeed it is a duty which they owe to them. For the Gentile converts who have shared their spiritual blessings are in duty bound to minister to them in the things of this world.
Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
But God made selection of the foolish things of this world so that he might put the wise to shame; and the feeble things that he might put to shame the strong;
God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things, and the things that are not, to nullify the things that are,
Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
now the spirit which we have received, is not the spirit of this world, but that which comes from God; that we might know what he has graciously bestowed upon us.
Let no one deceive himself. If any of you thinks he is wise in the ways of this world, he must become a fool to become really wise.
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
being blasphemed, we intreat; we are made as the filth of this world and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.
But the married man gives his attention to the things of this world, how he may give pleasure to his wife.
An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the affairs of the Lord, so that she may be holy in body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world, that is, about how she can please her husband. I'm saying this for your benefit, not to put a noose around your necks, but to promote good order and unhindered devotion to the Lord.
If we have been planting the things of the Spirit for you, does it seem a great thing for you to give us a part in your things of this world?
And every man who takes part in the sports has self-control in all things. Now they do it to get a crown which is of this world, but we for an eternal crown.
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
When we were children, we too were held in bondage. We were slaves to the arrangement of this world.
And you being dead in trespasses and sins,??2 in which you formerly walked according to the life of this world, according to the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit which now operates in the children of disobedience,
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
But I am hard pressed between the two. My yearning desire is to depart (to be free of this world, to set forth) and be with Christ, for that is far, far better;
Take care there is not some one who will carry you away by his 'philosophy'--a hollow sham!--following, as it does, mere human traditions, and dealing with puerile questions of this world, and not with Christ.
If you died with Christ to the elemental forces of this world, why do you live as if you still belonged to the world? Why do you submit to regulations:
Deacons, in the same way, are to be serious in their behaviour, not false in word, not given to taking much wine or greatly desiring the wealth of this world;
Charge the rich of this world not to be supercilious, and not to fix their hopes on so uncertain a thing as riches but on the living God who richly provides us with all the enjoyments of life;
through love of this world, and is gone to Thessalonica; as is Crescens to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia: Luke only is with me.
training us to renounce ungodliness and all the pleasures of this world, and to live sober, upright, and pious lives at the present time,
Now even a first covenant had ordinances of divine service, and its sanctuary, a sanctuary of this world.
But now Christ has come as the high priest of the good things of the future, through this greater and better Tent, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this world,
Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
O you who are false to God, do you not see that the friends of this world are not God's friends? Every man desiring to be a friend of this world makes himself a hater of God.
Whoever, therefore, has the goods of this world, and sees his brother in need, and yet shuts up his compassion from him, how abides the love of God in him?
And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Affairs of This Life (3 instances in 10 translations)
- All The People Of The World (8 instances in 5 translations)
- All the Words of This Law (9 instances in 22 translations)
- As Lights in the World (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Basic Principles of the World (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Before The Creation Of The World (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Before the Foundation of the World (3 instances in 34 translations)
- Before the World Was (5 instances in 24 translations)
- Cares of This Life (3 instances in 13 translations)
- Cares of This World (3 instances in 11 translations)
- Children Of This World (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Conformed to This World (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Course of This World (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Creation of the World (16 instances in 35 translations)
- Defilements Of The World (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Destroy This Temple (4 instances in 31 translations)
- Do Not Belong To The World (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Do This and Live (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Elements of the World (3 instances in 16 translations)
- End of the World (21 instances in 34 translations)
- End of This Age (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Established the World (4 instances in 17 translations)
- Explain This Parable (1 instance in 6 translations)
- For God So Loved the World (1 instance in 24 translations)
- For This Cause (319 instances in 29 translations)
- For This Purpose (29 instances in 30 translations)
- For This Very Reason (11 instances in 22 translations)
- Foundation of the World (11 instances in 37 translations)
- Foundation Of This House (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Foundations of the World (4 instances in 20 translations)
- Give Us This Day (2 instances in 22 translations)
- God So Loved the World (1 instance in 24 translations)
- In the World (99 instances in 40 translations)
- Inhabitants of the World (8 instances in 20 translations)
- Judge the World in Righteousness (3 instances in 23 translations)
- Judgment Of This World (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Kingdoms of the World (10 instances in 37 translations)
- Kings Of The World (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Life of the World (2 instances in 36 translations)
- Light Has Come into the World (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Light of the World (4 instances in 39 translations)
- Light of This World (1 instance in 36 translations)
- My Kingdom is Not of This World (1 instance in 29 translations)
- Not of the World (5 instances in 31 translations)
- Of the World (234 instances in 40 translations)
- Of This Life (20 instances in 35 translations)
- On This Rock (3 instances in 36 translations)
- Overcome the World (4 instances in 29 translations)
- Overcomes the World (2 instances in 15 translations)
- People Of This Age (2 instances in 3 translations)
- People Of This World (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Pollutions of the World (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Poor of This World (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Reconciling the World to Himself (1 instance in 23 translations)
- Recorded In This Book Of The Law (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Remove This Cup (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Reprove The World Of Sin (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Rudiments Of The World (3 instances in 13 translations)
- Ruler of This World (3 instances in 22 translations)
- Savior of the World (2 instances in 20 translations)
- Sin Entered the World (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Sin of the World (1 instance in 36 translations)
- Sin Was in the World (1 instance in 30 translations)
- Sons of This Age (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Sons of This World (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Spectacle to the World (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Take Them Out of the World (2 instances in 34 translations)
- Take This Cup (3 instances in 21 translations)
- Takes Away the Sin of the World (1 instance in 18 translations)
- This Cup (12 instances in 39 translations)
- This Generation (24 instances in 38 translations)
- This is My Body (4 instances in 36 translations)
- This Is What The Lord Says (183 instances in 5 translations)
- This Very Day (114 instances in 30 translations)
- This Will Be a Sign (7 instances in 9 translations)
- This Will Be the Sign (10 instances in 9 translations)
- To This Day (127 instances in 39 translations)
- Tormented in This Flame (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Unspotted from the World (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Until This Day (88 instances in 27 translations)
- Ways Of This World (2 instances in 3 translations)
- We Brought Nothing into This World (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Words of This Book (7 instances in 35 translations)
- World Below (5 instances in 3 translations)
- World is Passing Away (2 instances in 17 translations)
- World Itself Could Not Contain the Books (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Worries Of This Life (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Aliens, Christians In The World
- As At This Day
- Attitudes, Of Christians To The World
- Care, Worldly
- Cares Of This World
- Commitment, to the world
- Destruction Of The World
- End Of The World
- Eternal World
- False Religion To This Day
- Given Names To This Day
- Holiness, Worldly Separation
- Life In A Material World
- Light In The World
- Love, And The World
- Places To This Day
- Pleasure, Worldly
- Reasons Why The World Hates Christians
- Reconciliation, Of The World To God
- Relationships To This Day
- Responsibility, For God's World
- Responsibility, Of Natural World
- Statutes To This Day
- The Gospel Worldwide
- The World Being Temporary
- The World Ruler
- The World Without God
- This Generation
- This Is Me
- Transient World
- What Is This?
- Where People Live To This Day
- Who Is This?
- Why Do Others Do This?
- Why Do People Not Do This?
- Why Do You Do This?
- Why Does God Do This?
- Why Does Jesus Do This?
- Why Does This Happen?
- Worldliness, Avoid
- Worldly Ambition
- Worldly Ambition Examples
- Worldly Dilemmas
- Worldly Pleasures, Characteristic Of The Wicked
- Worldly Pleasures, Leads To
- Worldly Pleasures, Nature Of
- Worldly Snares
- Worldly Wisdom
- Riches, Dangers Of
- Satan, Kingdom Of
- Princehood Of Satan
- Satan, Titles For
- Names And Titles For Satan
- Principalities And Powers
- Society, Positive Aspects Of
- Chosen Disciples
- Love, Abuse Of
- Spiritual Warfare, Enemies In
- Knowing God's Will
- Present Evil Age
- 18 more topics on This
- 18 more topics on World