'On the Sabbath' in the Bible
Instantly the man became well and recovered his strength and picked up his bed and walked. But that happened on the Sabbath.
And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
Jesus answered them, "I performed one [miraculous] deed and you were all amazed by it [i.e., the healing of the crippled man on the Sabbath day. See 5:1-9].
Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.
If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
Now it was on the Sabbath day that Jesus mixed the mud and opened the man's eyes.
The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Breaking The Sabbath (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Broke the Sabbath (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Heal on the Sabbath (3 instances in 30 translations)
- Keep the Sabbath (14 instances in 32 translations)
- Lord Also Of The Sabbath (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Lord Blessed the Sabbath (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Lord Even Of The Sabbath (3 instances in 28 translations)
- Lord of the Sabbath (3 instances in 26 translations)
- Observe the Sabbath (9 instances in 20 translations)
- Profane the Sabbath (3 instances in 21 translations)
- Profaning The Sabbath (4 instances in 16 translations)
- Remember the Sabbath Day (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Rested on the Sabbath (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Rested The Sabbath Day (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Sabbath Day (102 instances in 37 translations)
- Sabbath of the Lord (5 instances in 8 translations)
- Sabbath They Rested (2 instances in 16 translations)