'Only Son' in the Bible
And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son, whom thou lovest, even Isaac, and get thee into the land of Moriah. And offer him there for a burnt-offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
And he said, Lay not thy hand upon the lad, neither do thou anything unto him. For now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son, from me.
and said, By myself have I sworn, saith Jehovah, because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son,
And we said to my lord, We have an old father and a young child, whom he had when he was old; his brother is dead and he is the only son of his mother, and is very dear to his father.
But my harp is in mourning; my flute plays only songs for those who are weeping."
When I [Solomon] was a son with my father [David], tender and the only son in the sight of my mother [Bathsheba],
O daughter of my people, gird thee with sackcloth, and wallow thyself in ashes: make thee mourning, as for an only son, most bitter lamentation: for the spoiler shall suddenly come upon us.
And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning for an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplication; and they shall look unto me whom they have pierced; and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first-born.
Then they will mourn for him, as for an only son. They will grieve bitterly for him, as for a firstborn son. At that time, Jerusalem will mourn deeply, like the mourning about Hadad-rimmon that took place in the plain of Megiddo.
at last, having one only son, whom he loved, he sent him to them; surely, said he, they will reverence my son.
Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow: and much people of the city was with her.
The Word became flesh and took up residence among us. We observed His glory, the glory as the One and Only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
No one has ever seen God. The One and Only Son- the One who is at the Father's side- He has revealed Him.
For in this way God loved the world, so that he gave his one and only Son, in order that everyone who believes in him will not perish, but will have eternal life.
The one who believes in him is not judged, but the one who does not believe has already been judged, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.
He who did not keep back his only Son, but gave him up for us all, will he not with him freely give us all things?
For all of you are children of God through your faith in Christ Jesus [as God's only Son].
And again, when he is sending his only Son into the world, he says, Let all the angels of God give him worship.
By faith Abraham, when he was put to the test [while the testing of his faith was still in progress], had already brought Isaac for an offering; he who had gladly received and welcomed [God's] promises was ready to sacrifice his only son,
By this the love of God is revealed in us: that God sent his one and only Son into the world in order that we may live through him.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Abide in the Son (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Acknowledges the Son (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Behold Your Son (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Believeth On The Son (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Beloved Son (19 instances in 31 translations)
- Blessed and Only Potentate (2 instances in 16 translations)
- Bore a Son (30 instances in 18 translations)
- Coming of the Son of Man (5 instances in 33 translations)
- Confesses The Son (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Conformed to the Image of His Son (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Firstborn Son (44 instances in 25 translations)
- Gave Birth To A Son (32 instances in 23 translations)
- God Sent Forth His Son (2 instances in 23 translations)
- His Son Reigned in His Place (41 instances in 7 translations)
- I Am the Son of God (2 instances in 32 translations)
- I Called My Son (2 instances in 33 translations)
- Image of His Son (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Lift Up the Son of Man (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Lifted Up The Son Of Man (1 instance in 22 translations)
- My Beloved Son (13 instances in 28 translations)
- Only Begotten of the Father (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Only Begotten Son (9 instances in 23 translations)
- Son Makes You Free (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Son of a Prophet (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Son of David (36 instances in 40 translations)
- Son of God (63 instances in 40 translations)
- Son of Man (232 instances in 40 translations)
- Son of Perdition (4 instances in 25 translations)
- Son Of The Gods (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Son Sets You Free (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Son Therefore Shall Make You Free (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Who Believes in the Son (2 instances in 15 translations)
- Whoever Believes In The Son (2 instances in 4 translations)
- A New Song
- Angels As Sons Of God
- Believers As Sons Of God
- Father And Son Alike
- Father And Son In One Another
- Fathers And Sons
- Firstborn Sons
- God Appointing His Son
- God Giving His Son
- God Giving To The Son
- God Sending His Son
- Interaction Of Father And Son
- Israel As Sons Of God
- Jesus As Son Of David
- Jesus As Son Of Man
- Jesus As The Beloved Son
- Jesus Christ, Son Of God
- Killing Sons And Daughters
- Lack Of Sons
- Love Between Father And Son
- Messianic Titles, Son Of God
- Ministry Of The Son Of Man
- Only Child Of People
- Only Once
- Only One Person
- Only Son Of God
- Relationship Of Father And Son
- Son Of Man
- Sons In Law
- Sons Of God
- Sons Of The Prophets
- The Beloved Son
- The Only Child
- Two Sons
- Wedding Songs
- Writing Songs
- Not Sparing
- Child sacrifice
- Grace, And Jesus Christ
- Christ's Relationship To God
- God's Love In Christ
- Healing Cancer
- 5 more topics on Only
- 30 more topics on Son