'Put on' in the Bible
They say, "Let's tear off the shackles they've put on us! Let's free ourselves from their ropes!"
His glory is great in your salvation: honour and authority have you put on him.
But as for me, when they were ill I put on the clothing of sorrow: I went without food and was sad, and my prayer came back again to my heart.
They are ashamed and confounded together, Who are rejoicing at my evil. They put on shame and confusion, Who are magnifying themselves against me.
but the LORD will not let him fall into his hands. He will not be condemned when he is put on trial.
I said, to myself, I will take heed to my ways, That I sin not with my tongue, - I will put on my mouth a muzzle, So long as the lawless is before me.
Put on your sword, make it ready at your side, O strong chief, with your glory and power.
[The] pasturelands put on flocks, and [the] valleys clothe themselves with grain. They shout in triumph; they even sing.
You let us be put in prison; chains were put on our legs.
They have put on fire your holy place; they have made the place of your name unclean, pulling it down to the earth.
But God is the judge. He put one down, and lifts another up.
For the anger of humankind will praise you. You will put on [the] remnant of anger.
And He smiteth His adversaries backward, A reproach age-during He hath put on them,
Jehovah hath reigned, Excellency He hath put on, Jehovah put on strength, He girded Himself, Also -- established is the world, unmoved.
Bless, O my soul, Jehovah! Jehovah, my God, Thou hast been very great, Honour and majesty Thou hast put on.
They have put on me evil for good; hate in exchange for my love.
He put on cursing like a robe, and it has come into his body like water, and into his bones like oil.
Mine accusers put on blushing, and are covered, As an upper robe is their shame.
It is better to have faith in the Lord than to put one's hope in man.
It is better to have faith in the Lord than to put one's hope in rulers.
The stone which the builders put on one side has become the chief stone of the building.
Thy priests do put on righteousness, And Thy pious ones cry aloud.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (9)
- Exodus (32)
- Leviticus (34)
- Numbers (23)
- Deuteronomy (10)
- Joshua (2)
- Judges (5)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (9)
- 2 Samuel (7)
- 1 Kings (13)
- 2 Kings (7)
- 1 Chronicles (2)
- 2 Chronicles (10)
- Ezra (4)
- Nehemiah (4)
- Esther (6)
- Job (6)
- Psalm (24)
- Proverbs (2)
- Ecclesiastes (2)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (14)
- Jeremiah (16)
- Lamentations (2)
- Ezekiel (26)
- Daniel (4)
- Hosea (1)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (1)
- Jonah (4)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Haggai (2)
- Zechariah (2)
- Be Put to Death (175 instances in 40 translations)
- In God I Have Put My Trust (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Put Aside (16 instances in 16 translations)
- Put Away the Evil (14 instances in 14 translations)
- Put Forth (119 instances in 34 translations)
- Put His Life In His Hand (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Put In Trust With The Gospel (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Put New Wine Into Old Bottles (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Put Off (63 instances in 33 translations)
- Put Out of the Synagogue (2 instances in 24 translations)
- Put The Lord To The Test (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Put to Death (484 instances in 40 translations)
- Put to Shame (139 instances in 39 translations)
- Put Your House In Order (2 instances in 2 translations)