'Put on' in the Bible
No one mends an old garment with a piece of unshrunk cloth. Otherwise, the patch put on would tear away from it--the new from the old--and a worse hole would be made.
And he put on Simon the name Peter;
and James of Zebedee, and John the brother of James, and he put on them names -- Boanerges, that is, 'Sons of thunder;'
And he said unto them, Is the lamp brought to be put under the bushel, or under the bed, and not to be put on the stand?
But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.
And he said to them, Truly you put on one side the law of God, so that you may keep the rules which have been handed down to you.
And they brought the colt to Jesus, and put on it their clothes, and he sat on it.
"I will put one question to you," said Jesus. "Answer me that, and then I will tell you what authority I have to act as I do.
Have you not seen this which is in the Writings: The stone which the builders put on one side, the same was made the chief stone of the building:
And they put on Him a purple robe, and having plaited a thorny crown, put it on Him.
And when they had mocked him, they took off from him the purple, and put on him his garments. And they lead him out to crucify him.
Let the Christ, the King of Israel, come down now from the cross, so that we may see and have belief. And those who were put on crosses with him said evil things against him.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (9)
- Exodus (32)
- Leviticus (34)
- Numbers (23)
- Deuteronomy (10)
- Joshua (2)
- Judges (5)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (9)
- 2 Samuel (7)
- 1 Kings (13)
- 2 Kings (7)
- 1 Chronicles (2)
- 2 Chronicles (10)
- Ezra (4)
- Nehemiah (4)
- Esther (6)
- Job (6)
- Psalm (24)
- Proverbs (2)
- Ecclesiastes (2)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (14)
- Jeremiah (16)
- Lamentations (2)
- Ezekiel (26)
- Daniel (4)
- Hosea (1)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (1)
- Jonah (4)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Haggai (2)
- Zechariah (2)
- Be Put to Death (175 instances in 40 translations)
- In God I Have Put My Trust (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Put Aside (16 instances in 16 translations)
- Put Away the Evil (14 instances in 14 translations)
- Put Forth (119 instances in 34 translations)
- Put His Life In His Hand (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Put In Trust With The Gospel (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Put New Wine Into Old Bottles (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Put Off (63 instances in 33 translations)
- Put Out of the Synagogue (2 instances in 24 translations)
- Put The Lord To The Test (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Put to Death (484 instances in 40 translations)
- Put to Shame (139 instances in 39 translations)
- Put Your House In Order (2 instances in 2 translations)