'Put to Death' in the Bible
And when the tabernacle setteth forward, the Levites shall take it down: and when the tabernacle is to be pitched, the Levites shall set it up: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death.
And Nadab and Abihu were put to death before the Lord when they made an offering of strange fire before the Lord, in the waste land of Sinai, and they had no children: and Eleazar and Ithamar did the work of priests before Aaron their father.
And thou shalt appoint Aaron and his sons, and they shall wait on their priest's office: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death.
For all the first sons are mine; on the day when I put to death all the first sons in the land of Egypt, I took for myself every first male birth of man and beast. They are mine; I am the Lord.
But those that encamp before the tabernacle toward the east, even before the tabernacle of the congregation eastward, shall be Moses, and Aaron and his sons, keeping the charge of the sanctuary for the charge of the children of Israel; and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death.
Are flocks and herds to be put to death for them? or are all the fish in the sea to be got together so that they may be full?
'And Thou hast put to death this people as one man, and the nations who have heard Thy fame have spoken, saying,
For the Amalekites and the Canaanites are there before you, and you will be put to death by their swords: because you have gone back from the way of the Lord, the Lord will not be with you.
Any who sin deliberately, natives or foreigners, are guilty of treating Jehovah with contempt. They shall be put to death.
And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
And all the company of the sons of Israel murmur, on the morrow, against Moses and against Aaron, saying, 'Ye -- ye have put to death the people of Jehovah.'
They are to fulfill their duties to you and their responsibilities for the tent. However they must not have any contact with sacred objects in the Holy Place or with the altar. If they do, both they and you will be put to death.
Therefore thou and thy sons with thee shall keep your priest's office for every thing of the altar, and within the vail; and ye shall serve: I have given your priest's office unto you as a service of gift: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death.
Give her to Eleazar the priest and let him take her outside the tent-circle and have her put to death before him.
And anyone touching one who has been put to death with the sword in the open country, or the body of one who has come to his end by a natural death, or a man's bone, or the resting-place of a dead body, will be unclean for seven days.
And a clean person is to take hyssop and put it in the water, shaking it over the tent, and all the vessels, and the people who were there, and over him by whom the bone, or the body of one who has been put to death with the sword, or the body of one who has come to his end by a natural death, or the resting-place was touched.
See, Israel comes up like a she-lion, lifting himself up like a lion: he will take no rest till he has made a meal of those he has overcome, drinking the blood of those he has put to death.
So Moses said to the judges of Israel, Let everyone put to death those of his men who have had relations with the women of Moab in honour of the Baal of Peor.
Now the man of Israel who was put to death with the woman of Midian was Zimri, the son of Salu, a chief of one of the families of the Simeonites.
And the woman of Midian who was put to death was Cozbi, the daughter of Zur; he was the head of a family in Midian.
For they are a danger to you with their false ways, causing sin to come on you in the question of Peor, and because of Cozbi, their sister, the daughter of the chief of Midian, who was put to death at the time of the disease which came on you because of Peor.
And they made war on Midian, as the Lord gave orders to Moses; and they put to death every male.
They put the kings of Midian to death with the rest, Evi and Reken and Zur and Hur and Reba, the five kings of Midian: and Balaam, the son of Beor, they put to death with the sword.
And if he smite him with an instrument of iron, so that he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.
And if he smite him with throwing a stone, wherewith he may die, and he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.
Or if he smite him with an hand weapon of wood, wherewith he may die, and he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.
He whose right it is to give punishment for blood, may himself put to death the taker of life when he comes face to face with him.
Or in enmity smite him with his hand, that he die: he that smote him shall surely be put to death; for he is a murderer: the revenger of blood shall slay the murderer, when he meeteth him.
Whoso killeth any person, the murderer shall be put to death by the mouth of witnesses: but one witness shall not testify against any person to cause him to die.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (14)
- Exodus (19)
- Leviticus (35)
- Numbers (30)
- Deuteronomy (18)
- Joshua (16)
- Judges (17)
- 1 Samuel (21)
- 2 Samuel (23)
- 1 Kings (15)
- 2 Kings (19)
- 1 Chronicles (9)
- 2 Chronicles (18)
- Esther (8)
- Job (2)
- Psalm (9)
- Proverbs (1)
- Ecclesiastes (1)
- Isaiah (6)
- Jeremiah (23)
- Lamentations (3)
- Ezekiel (19)
- Daniel (7)
- Hosea (2)
- Amos (1)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Zechariah (1)
- After the Death of (35 instances in 28 translations)
- Baptism into Death (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Be Put to Death (175 instances in 40 translations)
- Conformed to His Death (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Cords Of Death (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Covenant with Death (2 instances in 19 translations)
- Day of His Death (8 instances in 22 translations)
- Death And Destruction (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Death is Swallowed Up (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Death of His Saints (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Destruction and Death (3 instances in 15 translations)
- Faithful Until Death (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Gates of Death (6 instances in 23 translations)
- Guilty of Death (4 instances in 16 translations)
- Have No Pleasure in the Death (2 instances in 14 translations)
- In God I Have Put My Trust (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Leads To Death (8 instances in 12 translations)
- Likeness of His Death (2 instances in 25 translations)
- Loosed the Pains of Death (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Love is as Strong as Death (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Not Deserving Of Death (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Obedient to the Point of Death (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Obedient Unto Death (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Pangs of Death (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Passed from Death to Life (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Point of Death (20 instances in 34 translations)
- Put Aside (16 instances in 16 translations)
- Put Away the Evil (14 instances in 14 translations)
- Put Forth (119 instances in 34 translations)
- Put His Life In His Hand (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Put In Trust With The Gospel (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Put New Wine Into Old Bottles (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Put Off (63 instances in 33 translations)
- Put on (404 instances in 39 translations)
- Put Out of the Synagogue (2 instances in 24 translations)
- Put The Lord To The Test (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Put to Shame (139 instances in 39 translations)
- Put Your House In Order (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Save a Soul from Death (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Second Death (5 instances in 40 translations)
- Sentence of Death (7 instances in 31 translations)
- Sentenced To Death (7 instances in 15 translations)
- Shadow of Death (19 instances in 37 translations)
- Sickness is Not Unto Death (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Sin Leading to Death (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Sin Not Leading to Death (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Sin Reigned in Death (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Sin Unto Death (3 instances in 15 translations)
- Snares of Death (5 instances in 21 translations)
- Sorrows Of Death (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Sting of Death (2 instances in 31 translations)
- Stone Him to Death (9 instances in 11 translations)
- Swallow Up Death (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Taste Death (5 instances in 25 translations)
- Unto The Death (13 instances in 8 translations)
- Valley of the Shadow of Death (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Way of Death (3 instances in 20 translations)
- Worthy of Death (21 instances in 29 translations)
- Afflicted To Death
- Age At Death
- Agony, Death
- Angel Of Death
- Animals Fate After Death
- Before Death
- Body Of Christ, Physical Death
- Christ's Authority Over Death
- Consciousness After Death
- Consciousness Following Death
- Coping With Death
- David, Death Of
- Death Approaching
- Death As Punishment
- Death Averted
- Death Desired
- Death Due To God's Presence
- Death For Other Reasons
- Death In Peace
- Death Is Final
- Death Is Universal
- Death Looms Near
- Death of
- Death Of A Loved One
- Death Of All Males
- Death Of Creatures
- Death Of God's People
- Death Of Office Holders
- Death Of Other Groups
- Death Of The Firstborn
- Death Of The Righteous
- Death Of The Saints
- Death Of The Saints, Examples Of
- Death Of The Saints, Results In
- Death Of The Wicked
- Death Of The Wicked, Examples Of
- Death Of Unnamed Individuals
- Death penalty
- Death Penalty For Heresy
- Death Penalty For Killing
- Death Penalty For Sexual Sin
- Death Penalty For Violence
- Death Prevented
- Death To Self
- Death Will Soon Happen
- Death, Defeated
- Death, Description Of
- Death, Means Of
- Death, Of Believers
- Death, Of Unbelievers
- Death, Preparation For
- Deserving Death
- Desire For Death
- Early Death
- Eternal Death
- Fear Of Death
- Fear, Of Death
- First Death
- Foretelling Christ's Death
- Gates Of Death
- God Saves From Sin And Death
- How Death Is Inevitable
- Keys Of Death And Hades
- Life And Death
- Mothers Death
- Mourning Death
- Mourning The Death Of Christ
- Mourning The Death Of Others
- Natural Death
- Nearness Of Death
- No Death
- Not Put To Shame
- Overcoming Death
- Participation In Christ Death And Resurrection
- People Hung To Death
- Possibility Of Death
- Putting Animals Down
- Putting Away Other Gods
- Putting In Order
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Putting Things Down
- Resigned To Death
- Sin Produces Death
- Sin Producing Death
- Sinners Grasped By Death
- Sleep, And Death
- Spiritual Death
- Staying Put
- Striking To Death
- Sudden Death
- The Death Of Babies
- The Effect Of Christ's Death
- The Fact Of Christ's Death
- The Fact Of Death
- The Finality Of Death
- The Second Death
- The Shadow Of Death
- Universality Of Death
- Danger When God Is Near
- Access To God, In Old Testament
- Seven Days For Legal Purposes
- Judgement On Murderers
- 2 more topics on Put
- 91 more topics on Death