'Put to Shame' in the Bible
And you yourself will be put to shame, in that you have given the decision for your sisters; through your sins, which are more disgusting than theirs, they are more upright than you: truly, you will be shamed and made low, for you have made your sisters seem upright.
in order that you may bear your disgrace and you may be put to shame because of all that you did at your consoling them.
There is Elam and all her people, round about her last resting-place: all of them put to death by the sword, who have gone down without circumcision into the lowest parts of the earth, who were a cause of fear in the land of the living, and are put to shame with those who go down to the underworld:
They have made a bed for her among the dead, and all her people are round about her resting-place: all of them without circumcision, put to death with the sword; for they were a cause of fear in the land of the living, and are put to shame with those who go down to the underworld: they have been given a place among those who have been put to the sword.
There are the princes of the north, all of them, and all the Sidonians, who are gone down with the slain; in the terror which they caused by their might they are put to shame; and they lie uncircumcised with them that are slain by the sword, and bear their shame with them that go down to the pit.
And I will give them planting-places of peace, and they will no longer be wasted from need of food or put to shame by the nations.
For this reason, you mountains of Israel, give ear to the word of the Lord; this is what the Lord has said to the mountains and to the hills, to the streams and to the valleys, to the unpeopled wastes and to the towns where no one is living, from which the goods have been taken and which have been put to shame by the rest of the nations who are round about:
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Be Put to Death (175 instances in 40 translations)
- Clothed with Shame (3 instances in 21 translations)
- Despising the Shame (1 instance in 12 translations)
- In God I Have Put My Trust (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Put Aside (16 instances in 16 translations)
- Put Away the Evil (14 instances in 14 translations)
- Put Forth (119 instances in 34 translations)
- Put His Life In His Hand (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Put In Trust With The Gospel (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Put New Wine Into Old Bottles (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Put Off (63 instances in 33 translations)
- Put on (404 instances in 39 translations)
- Put Out of the Synagogue (2 instances in 24 translations)
- Put The Lord To The Test (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Put to Death (484 instances in 40 translations)
- Put Your House In Order (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Being Ashamed
- Eliminating Shame
- Enjoying Shame
- Naked In Shame
- Not Ashamed
- Not Put To Shame
- Putting Animals Down
- Putting Away Other Gods
- Putting In Order
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Putting Things Down
- Shame Has Come
- Shame Of Bad Conduct
- Shame Of Idolatry
- Shame Will Come