'Son of Man' in the Bible
He said to me, "Son of man, stand on your feet and I will speak with you."
And He said to me, Son of man, I am sending you to the sons of Israel, to the nations, the rebelling ones who have rebelled against Me; they and their fathers have sinned against Me, to this day.
And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.
And thou son of man, hear what I speak to thee: Thou shalt not be contradiction as the house of contradiction: open thy mouth and eat what I give to thee.
And he said to me, Son of man, eat that which thou find. Eat this roll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.
And he said to me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then I ate it, and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.
And He said to me, Son of man, go, get you to the house of Israel and speak to them with My words.
Next He said to me: "Son of man, listen carefully to all My words that I speak to you and take [them] to heart.
Son of man, I have made you a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
"As for you, son of man, they will put ropes on you and bind you with them so that you cannot go out among them.
Thou son of man, take a tile stone, and lay it before thee, and describe upon it the city of Jerusalem;
Then he said to me, "Son of man, I am about to remove the bread supply in Jerusalem. They will eat their bread ration anxiously, and they will drink their water ration in terror
And you, son of man, take a sharp sword to yourself, take a barber's razor also, and cause it to pass on your head and on your beard. Then take scales to weigh, and divide the hair.
Son of man, set thy face toward the mountains of Israel, and prophesy against them,
And there is a word of Jehovah unto me, saying, 'And thou, son of man, Thus said the Lord Jehovah to the ground of Israel:
and thou son of man, thus hath the Lord GOD said unto the land of Israel: The end, the end comes upon the four corners of the land.
Then he said to me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up my eyes the way toward the north, and, behold, northward of the gate of the altar [was] this image of jealousy in the entry.
And he said to me, Son of man, do you see what they are doing? even the very disgusting things which the children of Israel are doing here, causing me to go far away from my holy place? but you will see other most disgusting things.
and He saith unto me, 'Son of man, dig, I pray thee, through the wall;' and I dig through the wall, and lo, an opening.
Then He said to me, "Son of man, do you see what the elders of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness, each at the shrine of his idol? For they are saying: The Lord does not see us. The Lord has abandoned the land."
Then said he unto me, Have you seen this, O son of man? turn you yet again, and you shall see greater abominations than these.
He said to me, "Do you see this, son of man? Is it too light a thing for the house of Judah to commit the abominations which they have committed here, that they have filled the land with violence and provoked Me repeatedly? For behold, they are putting the twig to their nose.
Then said the LORD unto me, "Thou son of man: these men imagine mischief, and a wicked counsel take they in this city,
Therefore prophesy against them, prophesy, O son of man.
Son of man, thy brethren, even thy brethren, the men of thy kindred, and all the house of Israel wholly, are they unto whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, Get you far from the LORD: unto us is this land given in possession.
"Son of man, you dwell in the midst of the rebellious house, who have eyes to see, and do not see, who have ears to hear, and do not hear; for they are a rebellious house.
Therefore, thou son of man, prepare thee stuff for moving and move by day in their sight and thou shalt move from thy place to another place in their sight: they will not see for they are a rebellious house.
Son of man, has not the house of Israel, the rebellious house, said to thee, What are thou doing?
Son of man, take your food with shaking fear, and your water with trouble and care;
Son of man, what is this proverb that you have in the land of Israel, saying, The days are prolonged, and every vision fails?
Son of man, behold, they of the house of Israel say, The vision that he sees is for many days from now, and he prophesies of the times that are far off.
Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say you unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear you the word of the LORD;
"And now, Son of Man, turn toward and oppose the women of your people who prophesy according to their own wrong inclinations and prophesy against them.
"Son of man, these men have erected their idols in their hearts and placed the obstacle leading to their iniquity right before their faces. Should I really allow them to seek me?
Son of man, when a land sins against Me by traitorous betraying, then I will stretch out My hand on it, and will break the staff of its bread, and will send famine on it, and will cut off man and beast from it.
Son of man, What is the vine tree more than any tree, or than a branch which is among the trees of the forest?
Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abomination,
Son of man, put forth a riddle, and speak a parable to the house of Israel,
"'Your mother was like a vine, in your blood, planted by the waters: it was fruitful and full of branches by reason of many waters.
Son of man, speak to the elders of Israel, and say to them, Thus says lord LORD: Is it to inquire of me that ye have come? As I live, says lord LORD, I will not be inquired of by you.
Will you judge them, son of man [Ezekiel], will you judge them? Then cause them to know, understand, and realize the abominations of their fathers.
"Therefore, son of man, speak to the house of Israel, and tell them: This is what the Lord God says: In this way also your fathers blasphemed Me by committing treachery against Me:
Son of man, set thy face toward the south, and drop thy word toward the south, and prophesy against the forest of the field in the South;
"Son of man, set your face toward Jerusalem, and speak against the sanctuaries and prophesy against the land of Israel;
Mourn therefore, O thou son of man, that thy loins crack withal; yea mourn bitterly for them.
"Son of man, prophesy and say: 'This is what the Lord says: "'A sword, a sword is sharpened, and also polished.
Cry out and wail, son of man, for it is against my people; it is against all the officials of Israel. They are delivered over to the sword with my people. Therefore strike your thigh.
"You therefore, son of man, prophesy, and strike your hands together; and let the sword be doubled the third time, the sword of the deadly wounded: it is the sword of the great one who is deadly wounded, which enters into their rooms.
Also, thou son of man, show two ways from where the sword of the king of Babylon comes: both shall come forth out of the same land and draw an army; at the head of the way to the city thou shalt do this.
And thou, son of man, prophesy, and say, Thus says lord LORD concerning the sons of Ammon, and concerning their reproach. And say thou, A sword, a sword is drawn. It is polished for the slaughter, to cause it to devour, that it may
And you, son of man, will you be a judge, will you be a judge of the town of blood? then make clear to her all her disgusting ways.
Son of man, the house of Israel has become to Me scum and waste matter. All of them are bronze and tin and iron and lead in the midst of the furnace; they are the dross of silver.
"Son of man, say to her: You are a land that has not been cleansed, that has not received rain in the day of indignation.
Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother:
Moreover, the LORD said to me, "Son of man, will you judge Oholah and Oholibah? Then declare to them their abominations.
Son of man, Write for thee the name of the day, even of this same day: the king of Babylon set himself against Jerusalem this same day.
Son of man, behold, I take away from thee the desire of thine eyes with a stroke: yet neither shalt thou mourn nor weep, neither shall thy tears run down.
"You, son of man, shall it not be in the day when I take from them their strength, the joy of their glory, the desire of their eyes, and that whereupon they set their heart, their sons and their daughters,
"Son of man, set your face toward the children of Ammon, and prophesy against them:
And it cometh to pass, in the eleventh year, in the first of the month, there hath been a word of Jehovah unto me, saying: 'Son of man,
Son of man, because Tyre has said concerning Jerusalem, Aha, it is well that she is broken who is the gate of the peoples; she is turned unto me; I shall be filled; and she shall be deserted:
And thou, son of man, take up a lamentation over Tyre,
Son of man, tell the prince of Tyre, Thus says the Lord Yahweh: Because your heart is lifted up, and you have said, I am a god, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet you are man, and not God, though you did set your heart as the heart of God --
Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyre, and say unto him, Thus says the Lord GOD; You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
"Son of man, turn your face toward Sidon and prophesy against it.
Son of man, set thy face against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and prophesy against him, and against all Egypt;
"Son of Man, King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon made his army work very hard to attack Tyre. They tore their hair out and rubbed their shoulders raw! Despite all of that work trying to capture Tyre, neither he nor his army got paid from Tyre for all that!
"Son of man, prophesy and say, 'This is what the sovereign Lord says: "'Wail, "Alas, the day is here!"
And it cometh to pass, in the eleventh year, in the first month, in the seventh of the month, hath a word of Jehovah been unto me, saying: 'Son of man,
Son of man, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt. And lo, it shall not lie bound up to give healing, to put a bandage to bind it, to make it strong to hold the sword.
"Son of man, tell Pharaoh king of Egypt, and to his multitude: 'Whom are you like in your greatness?
Therefore its stature was exalted above all the trees of the field; and its boughs were multiplied, and its branches became long by reason of many waters, when it shot them forth.
Son of man, lift up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say to him, Thou wert like a young lion of the nations, and thou as a whale in the seas: and thou wilt break forth with thy rivers, and trouble the waters with thy feet, and thou wilt tread their rivers.
Son of man, wail for the multitude of Egypt, and cast them down, even her, and the daughters of the famous nations, to the nether parts of the earth, with those who go down into the pit.
Son of man, speak to the children of your people, and tell them, When I bring the sword on a land, and the people of the land take a man from among them, and set him for their watchman;
So you, son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore hear the word at My mouth and give them warning from Me.
And thou, son of man, say unto the house of Israel: Thus ye speak, saying, Our transgressions and our sins are upon us, and we pine away in them; how then can we live?
And thou, son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression; and as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall he that is righteous be able to live thereby in the day that he sinneth.
"Son of man, they who live in these waste places in the land of Israel are saying, 'Abraham was only one, yet he possessed the land; so to us who are many the land has been given as a possession.'
"And thou, son of man, the children of thy people that talk of thee by the walls and in the doors of their houses, saying one to another, 'Come, let us hear, what word is gone forth from the LORD' -
"Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel; prophesy, and say to them -- to the shepherds: 'This is what the sovereign Lord says: Woe to the shepherds of Israel who have been feeding themselves! Should not shepherds feed the flock?
Son of man, set your face (commit yourself) against Mount Seir, and prophesy against it.
Son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel and say: 'O mountains of Israel, hear the word of Jehovah.
Son of man, the house of Israel which dwells in their land has defiled it with their own ways and with their works; their way was before me as the uncleanness of a menstruous woman.
And he said to me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O lord LORD, thou know.
And he said to me, Be a prophet to the wind, be a prophet, son of man, and say to the wind, The Lord has said: Come from the four winds, O wind, breathing on these dead so that they may come to life.
And He saith unto me, 'Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel; lo, they are saying: Dried up have our bones, And perished hath our hope, We have been cut off by ourselves.
And thou, son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
Son of man, set thy face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him,
"Therefore prophesy, son of man, and say to Gog, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "On that day when My people Israel are living securely, will you not know it?
Therefore, thou son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
"You, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD: Speak to the birds of every sort, and to every animal of the field, 'Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel, that you may eat flesh and drink blood.
He said to me: Son of man, look with your eyes, and listen with your ears. Pay close attention to everything I am going to show you. The reason you were brought here is to see these things. Tell the nation of Israel about everything that you see.
The voice said: Son of man, this is the place where my throne is and the place where my feet rest. This is where I will live among the Israelites for a very long time. Then the people of Israel and their kings will no longer dishonor my holy name by acting like prostitutes. They will not dishonor it with the dead bodies of their kings.
Thou son of man, show this house to the house of Israel that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; and let them understand the pattern.
He said to me, Son of man, thus says the Lord Yahweh: These are the ordinances of the altar in the day when they shall make it, to offer burnt offerings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon.
And the Lord said to me, Son of man, take to heart, and let your eyes see and your ears be open to everything I say to you about all the rules of the house of the Lord and all its laws; and take note of the ways into the house and all the ways out of the holy place.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Abide in the Son (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Acknowledges the Son (1 instance in 5 translations)
- As One Man (31 instances in 26 translations)
- Behold the Man (7 instances in 16 translations)
- Behold Your Son (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Believeth On The Son (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Beloved Son (19 instances in 31 translations)
- Blameless and Upright Man (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Blessed is the Man (25 instances in 31 translations)
- Bore a Son (30 instances in 18 translations)
- Certain Man (72 instances in 38 translations)
- Coming of the Son of Man (5 instances in 33 translations)
- Confesses The Son (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Conformed to the Image of His Son (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Contentious Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Countenance A Poor Man In His Cause (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Dishonored the Poor Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Double-Minded Man (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Every Man To His Inheritance (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Faithful Man (10 instances in 21 translations)
- First Man (12 instances in 39 translations)
- Firstborn Son (44 instances in 25 translations)
- Foolish Man (58 instances in 37 translations)
- From One Man (4 instances in 17 translations)
- Gave Birth To A Son (32 instances in 23 translations)
- God Formed Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- God is Greater Than Man (1 instance in 14 translations)
- God is Not a Man (2 instances in 17 translations)
- God Sent Forth His Son (2 instances in 23 translations)
- Good Man (64 instances in 39 translations)
- Happy is the Man (26 instances in 21 translations)
- Head of Every Man (2 instances in 35 translations)
- Heavenly Man (2 instances in 4 translations)
- His Son Reigned in His Place (41 instances in 7 translations)
- I Am the Son of God (2 instances in 32 translations)
- I Called My Son (2 instances in 33 translations)
- If A Man Dies (5 instances in 18 translations)
- Image of His Son (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Inward Man (3 instances in 22 translations)
- Lazy Man (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Let Us Make Man (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Lift Up the Son of Man (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Lifted Up The Son Of Man (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Like a Drunken Man (5 instances in 16 translations)
- Man After His Own Heart (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Man After My Own Heart (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Man and Beast (36 instances in 20 translations)
- Man Became a Living Being (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Man From Heaven (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Man Full of Faith (1 instance in 39 translations)
- Man is Born to Trouble (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Man is Like a Breath (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Man Is Like To Vanity (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Man Of Discretion (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Man of God (94 instances in 37 translations)
- Man Of Heaven (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Man Of Integrity (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Man of Sorrows (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Man of Unclean Lips (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Man of Understanding (21 instances in 20 translations)
- Man of War (33 instances in 21 translations)
- Man Sent From God (3 instances in 21 translations)
- Man Shall Not Live by Bread Alone (3 instances in 18 translations)
- Mighty Man of Valor (7 instances in 11 translations)
- My Beloved Son (13 instances in 28 translations)
- New Man (6 instances in 35 translations)
- No Man Hath Seen God (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Old Man (69 instances in 38 translations)
- Only Begotten Son (9 instances in 23 translations)
- Only Son (21 instances in 38 translations)
- Outward Man (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Perfect Man (13 instances in 26 translations)
- Prayer of a Righteous Man (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Prudent Man (12 instances in 24 translations)
- Rebuke A Wise Man (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Reprove A Wise Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Reprove a Wise Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Righteous Man (129 instances in 37 translations)
- Second Man (4 instances in 38 translations)
- Slothful Man (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Son Makes You Free (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Son of a Prophet (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Son of David (36 instances in 40 translations)
- Son of God (63 instances in 40 translations)
- Son of Perdition (4 instances in 25 translations)
- Son Of The Gods (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Son Sets You Free (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Son Therefore Shall Make You Free (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Spirit of Man (5 instances in 24 translations)
- Strive with Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Tongue Can No Man Tame (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Way that Seems Right to a Man (2 instances in 5 translations)
- What is Man (9 instances in 38 translations)
- What Will It Profit A Man (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Whatever a Man Sows (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Whatsoever A Man Soweth (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Who Believes in the Son (2 instances in 15 translations)
- Whoever Believes In The Son (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Whole Duty of Man (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Will a Man Rob God (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Will of Man (3 instances in 32 translations)
- Wise Man (78 instances in 37 translations)
- Wretched Man that I Am (1 instance in 21 translations)
- A Mans Character
- A Mans Reputation
- A New Song
- Angels As Sons Of God
- Anger Management
- Anger Of Man, Cause
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Being A Man Of God
- Being Seen By Man
- Believers As Sons Of God
- Breaking Man's Law
- Brotherhood Of Man
- Creation Of All Mankind
- Dealing With Many People
- Depravity Of Man
- Divine Manifestations
- Drawbacks To Man's Power
- Dung and manure
- Duty Of Man To God
- Fall Of Man
- Fall Of Man, Consequences Of
- Father And Son Alike
- Father And Son In One Another
- Fathers And Sons
- Fear Of Man
- Firstborn Sons
- God Appointing His Son
- God Giving His Son
- God Giving To The Son
- God In Relation To Man
- God Sending His Son
- Interaction Of Father And Son
- Intrinsic Importance Of Man
- Israel As Sons Of God
- Jesus As Son Of David
- Jesus As Son Of Man
- Jesus As The Beloved Son
- Jesus Christ, Son Of God
- Keeping Man's Word
- Killing Many People
- Killing Sons And Daughters
- Lack Of Sons
- Love Between Father And Son
- Love, Of Fellow Man
- Man A Mere Breath
- Man Appointing
- Man As Grass
- Man Avenging
- Man Defending
- Man Differentiating
- Man Going Down
- Man Keeping Watch
- Man Of God
- Man Of Sin
- Man Providing Water
- Man Trapping
- Man Vindicates
- Man's Action Tomorrow
- Man's Authority Over The Devil
- Man's Conduct Towards God
- Man's Counsel
- Man's Dominion
- Man's Eternal Attributes
- Man's Favourite
- Man's Function
- Man's Needs
- Man's Purposes
- Man's Relation To God
- Man's Relationship With His Creator
- Man's Sinful Nature
- Man's Teaching
- Man's Thoughts
- Man's Ways
- Man's Wisdom
- Man's Words Fulfilled
- Man's Work Finished
- Man, Creation Of
- Man, Insignificance Of
- Man, Trichotomy View Of
- Manifesting (making Something Clear)
- Many Combatants
- Many Creatures
- Many Deceivers And Deceived
- Many Enemies
- Many In Israel
- Many In The Church
- Many Seeking Salvation
- Many Spiritual Beings
- Messianic Titles, Son Of God
- Ministry Of The Son Of Man
- Only Son Of God
- Praise, Manner And Methods Of
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Reconciliation, Between God And Man
- Relation Of Animals To Man
- Relationship Of Father And Son
- Reuben Gad And Half Manasseh
- Son Of Man
- Sons In Law
- Sons Of God
- Sons Of The Prophets
- The Beloved Son
- The Frailty Of Man
- The Glory Of Man
- The Inner Man
- The New Man In Christ
- The Spirit Of Man
- Things Manifest
- Time Management
- Too Many Words
- Trusting In Man, Warnings Against
- Two Sons
- Wedding Songs
- What Manner?
- What Value Is Man?
- Wise Man Or Fool
- Writing Songs
- Hindering God's Work
- Looking And Seeing
- God's Things Revealed
- 30 more topics on Son
- 70 more topics on Man