'Sons of Israel' in the Bible
And it came to pass after the death of Joshua, that the sons of Israel asked of LORD, saying, Who shall go up for us first against the Canaanites, to fight against them?
And it happened when the Angel of Jehovah spoke these words to all the sons of Israel, the people lifted up their voices and wept.
And Joshua will send away the people, and the sons of Israel will go a man to his inheritance to inherit the land.
Then the sons of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD and served the Baals,
only in order that the generations of the sons of Israel might be taught war, those who had not experienced it formerly).
The sons of Israel lived among the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites;
The sons of Israel did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, and forgot the LORD their God and served the Baals and the Asheroth.
Then the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, so that He sold them into the hands of Cushan-rishathaim king of Mesopotamia; and the sons of Israel served Cushan-rishathaim eight years.
And the sons of Israel made outcry unto Yahweh, so Yahweh raised up a saviour unto the sons of Israel, who saved them, - even Othniel son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother.
And the sons of Israel again did the thing that was wicked, in the sight of Yahweh, - and Yahweh emboldened Eglon, king of Moab, against Israel, because they did the thing that was wicked in the sight of Yahweh;
and the sons of Israel serve Eglon king of Moab eighteen years.
But when the sons of Israel cried to Jehovah, Jehovah raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a left-handed man. And the sons of Israel sent a present to Eglon the king of Moab by him.
And as he entered in, he blew the shofar in the mountain of Ephraim, and the sons of Israel went down with him from the mount, and he before them.
Then the sons of Israel again did evil in the sight of the LORD, after Ehud died.
The sons of Israel cried to the LORD; for he had nine hundred iron chariots, and he oppressed the sons of Israel severely for twenty years.
She used to sit under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim; and the sons of Israel came up to her for judgment.
So God subdued on that day Jabin the king of Canaan before the sons of Israel.
The hand of the sons of Israel pressed heavier and heavier upon Jabin the king of Canaan, until they had destroyed Jabin the king of Canaan.
Then the sons of Israel did what was evil in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD gave them into the hands of Midian seven years.
and the hand of Midian prevailed against Israel, - because of Midian, did the sons of Israel prepare for themselves the hollows which were in the mountains, and the caves, and the strongholds.
And Israel is very weak from the presence of Midian, and the sons of Israel cry unto Jehovah.
And it cometh to pass when the sons of Israel have cried unto Jehovah, concerning Midian,
Jehovah sent a man, a prophet to the sons of Israel, who said to them, So says Jehovah, the God of Israel: I brought you up from Egypt and brought you forth out of the house of bondage.
And Midian will be subdued before the sons of Israel, and they will not add to lift up their head: and the land will rest forty years in the days of Gideon.
Then it came about, as soon as Gideon was dead, that the sons of Israel again played the harlot with the Baals, and made Baal-berith their god.
Thus the sons of Israel did not remember the LORD their God, who had delivered them from the hands of all their enemies on every side;
Then the sons of Israel again did evil in the sight of the LORD, served the Baals and the Ashtaroth, the gods of Aram, the gods of Sidon, the gods of Moab, the gods of the sons of Ammon, and the gods of the Philistines; thus they forsook the LORD and did not serve Him.
They afflicted and crushed the sons of Israel that year; for eighteen years they afflicted all the sons of Israel who were beyond the Jordan in Gilead in the land of the Amorites.
Then the sons of Israel cried out to the LORD, saying, "We have sinned against You, for indeed, we have forsaken our God and served the Baals."
The LORD said to the sons of Israel, "Did I not deliver you from the Egyptians, the Amorites, the sons of Ammon, and the Philistines?
And the sons of Israel said unto Yahweh - We have sinned, do, thou, with us, according to all that is fitting in thine eyes, - only rescue us, we beseech thee this day.
And the Bene-Ammon are called together, and encamp in Gilead, and the sons of Israel are gathered together, and encamp in Mizpah.
I therefore have not sinned against thee, but thou do me wrong to war against me. LORD, the Judge, be judge this day between the sons of Israel and the sons of Ammon.
And he struck them from Aroer even until you come to Minnith, twenty cities, and to the meadow of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. So were the sons of Ammon subdued before the sons of Israel.
And the sons of Israel will add to do evil in the eyes of Jehovah; and Jehovah will give them into the hand of Philisteim forty years.
However, his master said to him, "We will not turn aside into the city of foreigners who are not of the sons of Israel; but we will go on as far as Gibeah."
All who saw it said, "Nothing like this has ever happened or been seen from the day when the sons of Israel came up from the land of Egypt to this day. Consider it, take counsel and speak up!"
Then all the sons of Israel from Dan to Beersheba, including the land of Gilead, came out, and the congregation assembled as one man to the LORD at Mizpah.
(Now the sons of Benjamin heard that the sons of Israel had gone up to Mizpah.) And the sons of Israel said, "Tell us, how did this wickedness take place?"
"Behold, all you sons of Israel, give your advice and counsel here."
Now, therefore, deliver up the men - the sons of the Abandoned One - who are in Gibeah, that we may put them to death, and vileness be consumed out of Israel. But the sons of Benjamin would not hearken unto the voice of their brethren, the sons of Israel.
Then did the sons of Benjamin gather themselves together out of the cities, unto Gibeah, - to go forth to battle against the sons of Israel.
And they rise and go up to Beth-El, and ask of God, and the sons of Israel say, 'Who doth go up for us at the commencement to battle with the sons of Benjamin?' and Jehovah saith, 'Judah -- at the commencement.'
And the sons of Israel rose up early in the morning, and camped against Gibeah.
(And the sons of Israel went up and wept before the LORD until evening and asked counsel of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up again to battle against the sons of Benjamin, my brother? And the LORD said, Go up against him.)
Then the sons of Israel came against the sons of Benjamin the second day.
Benjamin went out against them from Gibeah the second day and felled to the ground again 18,000 men of the sons of Israel; all these drew the sword.
Then all the sons of Israel and all the people went up and came to Bethel and wept; thus they remained there before the LORD and fasted that day until evening. And they offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD.
The sons of Israel inquired of the LORD (for the ark of the covenant of God was there in those days,
The sons of Israel went up against the sons of Benjamin on the third day and arrayed themselves against Gibeah as at other times.
The sons of Benjamin said, "They are struck down before us, as at the first." But the sons of Israel said, "Let us flee that we may draw them away from the city to the highways."
Thus Yahweh smote Benjamin before Israel, and the sons of Israel destroyed in Benjamin, that day, twenty-five thousand and one hundred men, - all these, drew the sword.
So, when the men of Israel turned in the battle, - and, the Benjamites, began to smite and slay of the sons of Israel, about thirty men, for they said, Yea! they are, smitten, before us, as in the first battle,
And the sons of Israel turned again to the sons of Benjamin and struck them with the edge of the sword, from the entire city to livestock, to all that was found. Also they set on fire all the cities that they came to.
And the sons of Israel say, 'Who is he that hath not come up in the assembly out of all the tribes of Israel unto Jehovah?' for the great oath hath been concerning him who hath not come up unto Jehovah to Mizpeh, saying, 'He is surely put to death.'
And the sons of Israel repented themselves for Benjamin their brother, and said, There is one tribe cut off from Israel this day.
However we may not give them wives of our daughters, for the sons of Israel had sworn, saying, Cursed be he who gives a wife to Benjamin.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (8)
- Exodus (121)
- Leviticus (51)
- Numbers (155)
- Deuteronomy (19)
- Joshua (63)
- Judges (58)
- 1 Samuel (11)
- 2 Samuel (3)
- 1 Kings (21)
- 2 Kings (11)
- 1 Chronicles (5)
- 2 Chronicles (23)
- Ezra (5)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Psalm (2)
- Isaiah (5)
- Jeremiah (10)
- Ezekiel (11)
- Daniel (1)
- Hosea (6)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (5)
- Obadiah (1)
- Micah (1)
- Adoption as Sons (5 instances in 12 translations)
- All Israel (201 instances in 38 translations)
- All Israel Will Be Saved (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Backsliding Israel (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Caused My People Israel to Err (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Children of Israel (719 instances in 33 translations)
- Chronicles of the Kings of Israel (18 instances in 15 translations)
- Commonwealth of Israel (2 instances in 25 translations)
- Community Of Israel (22 instances in 6 translations)
- Congregation of Israel (47 instances in 18 translations)
- Congregation of the Children of Israel (27 instances in 8 translations)
- Consolation of Israel (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Elders of Israel (40 instances in 28 translations)
- Elders of the House of Israel (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Exiles Of Israel (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Faithless Israel (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Firstborn of Israel (6 instances in 15 translations)
- Fought Against Israel (11 instances in 19 translations)
- God of Israel (223 instances in 39 translations)
- God of the Armies of Israel (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Hear O Israel (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Hearts of the Sons of Men (4 instances in 9 translations)
- Holy One of Israel (32 instances in 22 translations)
- House of Israel (160 instances in 38 translations)
- Israel Had No King (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Israel My Inheritance (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Israel of God (1 instance in 35 translations)
- King of Israel (182 instances in 39 translations)
- King Over Israel (52 instances in 22 translations)
- Land of Israel (55 instances in 38 translations)
- Led My People Israel Astray (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Light of Israel (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Lord God of Israel (159 instances in 19 translations)
- Men of Israel (145 instances in 38 translations)
- No King in Israel (4 instances in 20 translations)
- Outcasts of Israel (3 instances in 19 translations)
- Peace Be Upon Israel (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Peace Shall Be Upon Israel (1 instance in 4 translations)
- People of Israel (386 instances in 39 translations)
- Pride of Israel (3 instances in 17 translations)
- Remnant of Israel (12 instances in 21 translations)
- Restore the Kingdom to Israel (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Seven Sons (7 instances in 38 translations)
- Seventy Sons (6 instances in 20 translations)
- Shepherds of Israel (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Sons of David (9 instances in 20 translations)
- Sons of Disobedience (3 instances in 23 translations)
- Sons of God (23 instances in 37 translations)
- Sons of Levi (30 instances in 32 translations)
- Sons of Light (5 instances in 26 translations)
- Sons of Men (59 instances in 31 translations)
- Sons of the Prophets (13 instances in 29 translations)
- Sons of the Resurrection (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Sons of This Age (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Sons of This World (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Sons of Thunder (2 instances in 38 translations)
- Sons of Zebedee (11 instances in 36 translations)
- There Was No King in Israel (4 instances in 17 translations)
- Tribes of Israel (74 instances in 39 translations)
- Angels As Sons Of God
- Armies, Against Israel
- Assembling Israel
- Babylon, Israel Exiled To
- Backsliding, Israel Exanples
- Being Earnest For Israel
- Believers As Sons Of God
- Blessings, To Israel
- Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- Camp, Of Israel
- Captivity, Of Israel
- Christ Is King Of Israel
- Church Distinct From Israel
- Cities In Israel
- Conversion Of Israel
- Covenant, God's with Israel's priests
- Cursing Israel
- Downfall Of Israel
- Enemies, of Israel and Judah
- Exile Of Israel To Assyria
- Fathers And Sons
- Firstborn Sons
- Gathering Israel
- God Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- God Protector Of Israel
- God Scattering Israel
- God's Activity In Israel
- God's Glory In Israel
- God's Love For Israel
- Israel As Sons Of God
- Israel As The Elect
- Israel Fleeing
- Israel Hardened
- Israel In The Wilderness
- Israel In Tribulation
- Joy, Of Israel
- Judging Israel
- Killing Israelites
- Killing Sons And Daughters
- Killing Within Israel
- Kings Of All Israel Or Judah
- Lack Of Sons
- Land Permanently Restored To Israel
- Land Promised To Israel
- List Of Kings Of Israel
- Making Israel Jealous
- Many In Israel
- Millennial Kingdom, Christ Restores Israel
- Mission, Of Israel
- Nations Attacking Israel
- Northern Kingdom Of Israel
- Others Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- Rebellion, Of Israel
- Rebirth Of Israel
- Salvation For Israel
- Sons In Law
- Sons Of God
- Sons Of The Prophets
- Strangers in israel
- Survivors Of Israel
- The Law Given To Israel
- The Mountains Of Israel
- Those To Be Cut Off From Israel
- Tribes Of Israel
- Two Sons
- Unique Israel
- Woe To Israel And Jerusalem
- God's People Sinning
- 11 more topics on Sons