'Striving After Wind' in the Bible
I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind.
And I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also was a striving after wind.
Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labor that I had labored to do; and, behold, all was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was no profit under the sun.
So I hated life, because the work that is wrought under the sun was grievous unto me; for all is vanity and a striving after wind.
For to the man that pleaseth him God giveth wisdom, and knowledge, and joy; but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that pleaseth God. This also is vanity and a striving after wind.
Then I saw all labor and every skilful work, that for this a man is envied of his neighbor. This also is vanity and a striving after wind.
Better is a handful, with quietness, than two handfuls with labor and striving after wind.
There was no end of all the people, even of all them over whom he was: yet they that come after shall not rejoice in him. Surely this also is vanity and a striving after wind.
- After the Death of (35 instances in 28 translations)
- After The Flesh (22 instances in 27 translations)
- After The Pattern (9 instances in 13 translations)
- Chaff Before the Wind (3 instances in 17 translations)
- Chasing After The Wind (6 instances in 1 translation)
- Come After Me (34 instances in 33 translations)
- Day After Day (47 instances in 22 translations)
- East Wind (25 instances in 23 translations)
- Every Wind of Doctrine (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Followed Not After Righteousness (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Life Is Wind (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Look After Orphans And Widows (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Man After His Own Heart (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Man After My Own Heart (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Morning After Morning (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Reed Shaken by the Wind (4 instances in 18 translations)
- Rushing Mighty Wind (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Seek After The Lord (5 instances in 15 translations)
- Sow the Wind (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Striving After Wind (9 instances in 6 translations)
- They That Are After The Flesh (1 instance in 4 translations)
- They That Are After The Spirit (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Took the Cup After Supper (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Wind Blows Where It Wishes (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Wind Out of His Treasuries (3 instances in 9 translations)
- Wings of the Wind (4 instances in 22 translations)
- Adam, After The Fall
- After A Long Time
- Angels Looking After People
- Animals Fate After Death
- Consciousness After Death
- Four Winds
- God Dispensing Wind
- God In The Wind
- Looking Through Windows
- Lowered From Windows
- No Winds
- Restoration After Backsliding
- Running After Evil
- Running After Good
- Spiritual Striving
- Striving With God
- The Holy Spirit Described As The Wind
- Windows For The Temple