'Temple of the Lord' in the Bible
Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, are these.
Then people will come here from the towns in Judah, from the villages surrounding Jerusalem, from the territory of Benjamin, from the western foothills, from the southern hill country, and from the southern part of Judah. They will come bringing offerings to the temple of the Lord: burnt offerings, sacrifices, grain offerings, and incense along with their thank offerings.
The LORD shewed me, and, behold, two baskets of figs were set before the temple of the LORD, after that Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, and the princes of Judah, with the carpenters and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon.
The priests, the prophets, and all the people heard Jeremiah speaking these words in the temple of the Lord.
Yes, this is what the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, says about the articles that remain in the temple of the Lord, in the palace of the king of Judah, and in Jerusalem:
In that same year, at the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, in the fifth month of the fourth year, the prophet Hananiah son of Azzur from Gibeon said to me in the temple of the Lord in the presence of the priests and all the people,
The prophet Jeremiah replied to the prophet Hananiah in the presence of the priests and all the people who were standing in the temple of the Lord.
The Lord has appointed you priest in place of Jehoiada the priest to be the chief officer in the temple of the Lord, responsible for every madman who acts like a prophet. You must confine him in stocks and an iron collar.
a sound of joy and gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the bride, and the voice of those saying, Praise the Lord of Hosts, for the Lord is good; His faithful love endures forever as they bring thank offerings to the temple of the Lord. For I will restore the fortunes of the land as in former times, says the Lord.
"Go to the house of the Rechabites, speak to them, and bring them to one of the chambers of the temple of the Lord to offer them a drink of wine."
and I brought them into the temple of the Lord to a chamber [occupied by] the sons of Hanan son of Igdaliah, a man of God, who had a chamber near the officials' chamber, which was above the chamber of Maaseiah son of Shallum the doorkeeper.
Then Jeremiah commanded Baruch, "I am restricted; I cannot enter the temple of the Lord,
so you must go and read from the scroll-which you wrote at my dictation-the words of the Lord in the hearing of the people at the temple of the Lord on a day of fasting. You must also read them in the hearing of all the Judeans who are coming from their cities.
So Baruch son of Neriah did exactly what the prophet Jeremiah had told him to do. He read what the Lord had said from the scroll in the temple of the Lord.
At that time Baruch went into the temple of the Lord. He stood in the entrance of the room of Gemariah the son of Shaphan who had been the royal secretary. That room was in the upper court near the entrance of the New Gate. There, where all the people could hear him, he read from the scroll what Jeremiah had said.
The Babylonians burned down the royal palace, the temple of the Lord, and the people's homes, and they tore down the wall of Jerusalem.
80 men came from Shechem, Shiloh, and Samaria who had shaved their beards, torn their garments, and gashed themselves, and who were carrying grain and incense offerings to bring to the temple of the Lord.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Body is the Temple (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Build a Temple (30 instances in 6 translations)
- Build Him a Temple (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Build the Temple (22 instances in 21 translations)
- Building a Temple (9 instances in 13 translations)
- Curtain Of The Temple (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Defile the Temple (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Desecrate The Temple (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Destroy This Temple (4 instances in 31 translations)
- Doors of the Temple (6 instances in 21 translations)
- Filled the Temple (9 instances in 17 translations)
- Filled The Temple Of The Lord (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Foundation of the Temple (6 instances in 18 translations)
- Highest Point Of The Temple (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Holy Temple (21 instances in 32 translations)
- Lord Filled the Temple (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Lord is in His Holy Temple (2 instances in 12 translations)
- Pinnacle of the Temple (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Profane The Temple (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Robe Filled the Temple (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Taught Daily In The Temple (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Teaching Daily in the Temple (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Temple of Baal (10 instances in 7 translations)
- Temple of God (62 instances in 38 translations)
- Temple of the Holy Spirit (1 instance in 23 translations)
- Train Filled The Temple (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Veil of the Temple (3 instances in 21 translations)
- A Believers Body As A Temple
- Art In The Temple
- Christ In The Temple
- Courts Of The Temple
- Destruction Of The Temple
- Dimensions Of Temple Furniture
- Disciples In The Temple
- Entering The Temple
- Gates Of The Temple
- Gateways Of The Temple
- Interlopers In The Temple
- Measuring The Temple
- Money For The Temple
- Opening The Temple
- Pillars For Ezekiel's Temple
- Pillars For Solomon's Temple
- Plans For A New Temple
- Provision Of Temple Utensils
- Rebuilding The Temple
- Rooms Of Ezekiel's Temple
- Solomon's Temple
- Status Of The Temple
- Temple Assistants
- Temple Utensils In Use
- Temple Utensils Removed
- Temples, Heathen
- The Ark In The Temple
- The First Temple
- The Perfect Temple
- The Second Temple
- The Temple At Shiloh
- The Temple In Heaven
- Windows For The Temple
- Named Prophets Of The Lord
- Reading The Scriptures
- 33 more topics on Temple