'They Were Afraid' in the Bible
tho' they see, they will not perceive, and tho' they hear they will not understand: as if they were afraid of parting with their vices, in order to be pardoned.
And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
(For they were afraid, and he did not know what to say.)
but they were not understanding the saying, and they were afraid to question him.
And they were in the way going up to Jerusalem; and Jesus went before them: and they were amazed; and as they followed, they were afraid. And he took again the twelve, and began to tell them what things should happen unto him,
And the scribes and the chief priests heard, and they were seeking how they shall destroy him, for they were afraid of him, because all the multitude was astonished at his teaching;
But [on the other hand] can we say, From men? For they were afraid of the people, because everybody considered and held John actually to be a prophet.
And they were trying to get hold of Him, but they were afraid of the people, for they knew that He spoke this parable with reference to and against them. So they left Him and departed.
And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: neither said they any thing to any man; for they were afraid.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Be Not Afraid (60 instances in 24 translations)
- Believed and Were Baptized (2 instances in 13 translations)
- By Him All Things Were Created (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Covenant Which They Broke (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Days That Were Before (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Do Not Be Afraid (108 instances in 20 translations)
- Hearts Were Hardened (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Heavens Were Opened (3 instances in 27 translations)
- Remember that You Were a Slave (5 instances in 9 translations)
- Sabbath They Rested (2 instances in 16 translations)
- Sweat Was As It Were Great Drops (1 instance in 7 translations)
- That They All May Be One (1 instance in 16 translations)
- That They May Be One (5 instances in 38 translations)
- That They May Believe (3 instances in 32 translations)
- They Forgot Me (1 instance in 4 translations)
- They Have Their Reward (3 instances in 21 translations)
- They Remembered (10 instances in 37 translations)
- They That Are After The Flesh (1 instance in 4 translations)
- They That Are After The Spirit (1 instance in 4 translations)
- They Were Accursed (1 instance in 4 translations)
- They Were Amazed (27 instances in 34 translations)
- They Were Divided (9 instances in 18 translations)
- They Will Know that I Am the Lord (32 instances in 5 translations)
- They Will Reign (3 instances in 16 translations)
- Waters Were Divided (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Being Afraid
- Kings, How They Should Act
- Ministers, Way They Should Teach
- Prophets Who Were Not Sent
- They Committed Immorality
- They Do Not Keep Commands
- Those Who Were Ignorant
- What Do They Do?
- Teachers Of The Law
- Fear Of Christ
- Fearing Other People
- Fear, Of Unknown
- 5 more topics on They
- 2 more topics on Were
- 1 more topics on Afraid