'Walls of Jerusalem' in the Bible
Solomon intermarried with Pharaoh the king of Egypt, and he took the daughter of Pharaoh and brought her to the city of David until he finished building his house, the house of Yahweh, and the walls of Jerusalem all around.
This [is] the account of the forced labor that King Solomon conscripted to build the house of Yahweh and his house, the Millo, the walls of Jerusalem, Hazor, Megiddo, and Gezer.
And all the army of the Chaldees, that were with the captain of the guard, brake down the walls of Jerusalem round about.
And they burned the house of God. And they shattered the walls of Jerusalem and burned its citadels with fire and destroyed all the vessels of its treasuries.
And they said unto me, "The remnant of the captivity are there in the land in great misfortune and rebuke. The walls of Jerusalem are broken down, and the gates thereof are burnt with fire."
And I went out by night by the gate of the valley, even before the dragon well, and to the dung port, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem, which were broken down, and the gates thereof were consumed with fire.
Then I said to them, "You see the misery that we are in, that Jerusalem is ruined and its gates burned by the fire. Come, build the walls of Jerusalem and we shall no longer be a disgrace."
But it came to pass, that when Sanballat, and Tobiah, and the Arabians, and the Ammonites, and the Ashdodites, heard that the walls of Jerusalem were made up, and that the breaches began to be stopped, then they were very wroth,
Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
Upon the walls of Jerusalem, I have set keepers which shall never cease, neither by day nor yet by night.
And the Chaldeans burned the king's house, and the houses of the people, with fire, and brake down the walls of Jerusalem.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Against Jerusalem (46 instances in 22 translations)
- Attacked Jerusalem (11 instances in 3 translations)
- Daughter of Jerusalem (8 instances in 21 translations)
- Going Up to Jerusalem (14 instances in 36 translations)
- Inhabitants of Jerusalem (61 instances in 30 translations)
- Jealous For Jerusalem (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Actual Attacks On Jerusalem
- Attacks On Jerusalem Foretold
- Attacks On Jerusalem Turned Back
- Beauty Of Jerusalem
- Building Jerusalem's Wall
- Burning Jerusalem
- Council of Jerusalem
- Destruction Of Jerusalem
- Destruction Of Jerusalem's Wall
- Dimensions Of Walls
- Figurative Walls
- God Lives In Jerusalem
- Jerusalem In Millennial Kingdom
- Jerusalem, History Of
- Jerusalem, Significance Of
- Measuring Jerusalem And The Land
- Names For Jerusalem
- New Jerusalem
- Opening Walls
- Prayer For Jerusalem