'Wise Man' in the Bible
That the wise man may hear, and increase in learning; And that the man of understanding may attain unto sound counsels:
Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: Teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.
A wise man will receive warning; but a fool will sooner be smitten in the face.
He who has a poor opinion of his neighbour has no sense, but a wise man keeps quiet.
He who troubles his own house shall inherit the wind. And a foolish man shall be servant to a wise man of heart.
The fruit of the righteous is as the tree of life; a wise man also winneth men's souls.
The way of the foolish man seems right to him? but the wise man gives ear to suggestions.
A slanderous person pricketh like a sword; but a wise man's tongue is wholesome.
A wise man conceals knowledge, but the heart of fools cries out foolishness.
The teaching of the wise man is a fountain of life, to turn away from the snares of death.
A wise man doth all things with discretion; but a fool will declare his folly.
The simple believes every word, but the wise man watches his step.
A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil; But the fool beareth himself insolently, and is confident.
A fool rejoiceth in foolish things; but a wise man looketh well to his own goings.
To the wise man the way of life [is] upward, that he may depart from Sheol beneath.
The wrath of a king is as messengers of death: but a wise man will pacify it.
The heart of the wise man is the teacher of his mouth, and gives increased learning to his lips.
A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.
A wise man putteth off displeasure, and it is his honour to let some faults pass.
When a mocker is punished, the inexperienced become wiser; when one teaches a wise man, he acquires knowledge.
There is costly store and oil in the dwelling of a wise man; but a foolish man swalloweth it up.
A wise man scaleth the city of the mighty, And bringeth down the strength of the confidence thereof.
A wise man seeth the plague and hideth himself; but the foolish go on still and are punished.
A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.
As an earring of gold and an ornament of fine gold, so is he who reproves a wise man who has a docile ear.
A wise man seeing the plague will hide himself; as for fools they go on still, and suffer harm.
If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest.
A fool uttereth all his anger; But a wise man keepeth it back and stilleth it.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- As One Man (31 instances in 26 translations)
- Behold the Man (7 instances in 16 translations)
- Blameless and Upright Man (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Blessed is the Man (25 instances in 31 translations)
- Certain Man (72 instances in 38 translations)
- Claiming To Be Wise (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Coming of the Son of Man (5 instances in 33 translations)
- Contentious Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Countenance A Poor Man In His Cause (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Dishonored the Poor Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Double-Minded Man (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Every Man To His Inheritance (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Faithful and Wise Servant (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Faithful Man (10 instances in 21 translations)
- First Man (12 instances in 39 translations)
- Foolish Man (58 instances in 37 translations)
- From One Man (4 instances in 17 translations)
- God Formed Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- God is Greater Than Man (1 instance in 14 translations)
- God is Not a Man (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Good Man (64 instances in 39 translations)
- Happy is the Man (26 instances in 21 translations)
- Head of Every Man (2 instances in 35 translations)
- Heavenly Man (2 instances in 4 translations)
- If A Man Dies (5 instances in 18 translations)
- Inward Man (3 instances in 22 translations)
- Lazy Man (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Let Us Make Man (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Lift Up the Son of Man (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Lifted Up The Son Of Man (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Like a Drunken Man (5 instances in 16 translations)
- Making Wise the Simple (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Man After His Own Heart (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Man After My Own Heart (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Man and Beast (36 instances in 20 translations)
- Man Became a Living Being (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Man From Heaven (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Man Full of Faith (1 instance in 39 translations)
- Man is Born to Trouble (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Man is Like a Breath (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Man Is Like To Vanity (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Man Of Discretion (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Man of God (94 instances in 37 translations)
- Man Of Heaven (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Man Of Integrity (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Man of Sorrows (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Man of Unclean Lips (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Man of Understanding (21 instances in 20 translations)
- Man of War (33 instances in 21 translations)
- Man Sent From God (3 instances in 21 translations)
- Man Shall Not Live by Bread Alone (3 instances in 18 translations)
- Mighty Man of Valor (7 instances in 11 translations)
- New Man (6 instances in 35 translations)
- No Man Hath Seen God (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Old Man (69 instances in 38 translations)
- Outward Man (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Perfect Man (13 instances in 26 translations)
- Prayer of a Righteous Man (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Professing to Be Wise (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Prudent Man (12 instances in 24 translations)
- Rebuke A Wise Man (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Reprove A Wise Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Reprove a Wise Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Righteous Man (129 instances in 37 translations)
- Second Man (4 instances in 38 translations)
- Slothful Man (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Son of Man (232 instances in 40 translations)
- Spirit of Man (5 instances in 24 translations)
- Strive with Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Tongue Can No Man Tame (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Way that Seems Right to a Man (2 instances in 5 translations)
- What is Man (9 instances in 38 translations)
- What Will It Profit A Man (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Whatever a Man Sows (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Whatsoever A Man Soweth (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Whole Duty of Man (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Will a Man Rob God (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Will of Man (3 instances in 32 translations)
- Wise Counsel (11 instances in 19 translations)
- Wise in Heart (9 instances in 21 translations)
- Wise in Your Own Eyes (3 instances in 9 translations)
- Wise Men (89 instances in 39 translations)
- Wise of Heart (12 instances in 17 translations)
- Wise Woman (3 instances in 22 translations)
- Words of the Wise (8 instances in 22 translations)
- Wretched Man that I Am (1 instance in 21 translations)
- A Mans Character
- A Mans Reputation
- Anger Management
- Anger Of Man, Cause
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Be Wise!
- Being A Man Of God
- Being Seen By Man
- Breaking Man's Law
- Brotherhood Of Man
- Creation Of All Mankind
- Dealing With Many People
- Depravity Of Man
- Divine Manifestations
- Drawbacks To Man's Power
- Dung and manure
- Duty Of Man To God
- Fall Of Man
- Fall Of Man, Consequences Of
- Fear Of Man
- Fools Becoming Wise
- God In Relation To Man
- God, Wise
- How Silence Is Wise
- Intrinsic Importance Of Man
- Jesus As Son Of Man
- Keeping Man's Word
- Killing Many People
- Love, Of Fellow Man
- Man A Mere Breath
- Man Appointing
- Man As Grass
- Man Avenging
- Man Defending
- Man Differentiating
- Man Going Down
- Man Keeping Watch
- Man Of God
- Man Of Sin
- Man Providing Water
- Man Trapping
- Man Vindicates
- Man's Action Tomorrow
- Man's Authority Over The Devil
- Man's Conduct Towards God
- Man's Counsel
- Man's Dominion
- Man's Eternal Attributes
- Man's Favourite
- Man's Function
- Man's Needs
- Man's Purposes
- Man's Relation To God
- Man's Relationship With His Creator
- Man's Sinful Nature
- Man's Teaching
- Man's Thoughts
- Man's Ways
- Man's Wisdom
- Man's Words Fulfilled
- Man's Work Finished
- Man, Creation Of
- Man, Insignificance Of
- Man, Trichotomy View Of
- Manifesting (making Something Clear)
- Many Combatants
- Many Creatures
- Many Deceivers And Deceived
- Many Enemies
- Many In Israel
- Many In The Church
- Many Seeking Salvation
- Many Spiritual Beings
- Ministry Of The Son Of Man
- Praise, Manner And Methods Of
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Reconciliation, Between God And Man
- Relation Of Animals To Man
- Reuben Gad And Half Manasseh
- Son Of Man
- The Frailty Of Man
- The Glory Of Man
- The Inner Man
- The New Man In Christ
- The Spirit Of Man
- The Work Of The Wise
- Things Manifest
- Time Management
- Too Many Words
- Trusting In Man, Warnings Against
- What Manner?
- What Value Is Man?
- Wise Councel
- Wise Man Or Fool
- Wise Men
- Wise Men In The Church
- Wise Proverbs
- Fools, Characteristics Of
- Folly, Effects Of
- Wisdom, Human Importance
- Bad Counsel
- Wisdom, Human Nature
- Slow To Anger
- 10 more topics on Wise
- 70 more topics on Man