'Young and Old' in the Bible
But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both young and old, all the people from every quarter;
They struck the men who were at the door of the house, both young and old, with a blinding light so that they were unable to find the door.
And Moses answered, "We must go with young and old: yea and with our sons and with our daughters, and with our sheep and oxen must we go. For we must hold a feast unto the LORD."
And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.
After they had brought it around, the hand of the LORD was against the city with very great confusion; and He smote the men of the city, both young and old, so that tumors broke out on them.
They captured the women young and old. However they killed no one. Instead, they took the women as prisoners.
Young and old, sons and daughters alike, no one was missing. David brought back everything that had been stolen.
I will bring disaster on the house of Jeroboam. I will kill all your male descendants, young and old alike. I will get rid of your family. They will be swept away like dung.
Jehovah says to you: I will bring disaster on you. I will do away with you and get rid of every male in your family, young and old alike.
When all the Moabites heard that the kings had come up to fight against them, all who were able to put on armor, young and old, gathered and drew up at the border.
The entire house of Ahab will perish. I will get rid of every male in his family, young and old alike.
The king went up to the Temple of Jehovah. All the inhabitants of Judah young and old also went to Jehovah's Temple. Josiah read everything written in the Book of the Promise found in Jehovah's Temple so they could all hear it.
They cast lots impartially for their duties, the young and old alike, the teacher along with the pupil.
They cast lots according to their ancestral houses, young and old alike, for each gate.
All people, young and old, male and female, who refused to dedicate their lives to the true God Jehovah the God of Israel were to be killed.
The king, everyone in Judah, everyone living in Jerusalem, the priests, the Levites, and all the people, young and old, went up to Jehovah's Temple. He read everything written in the Book of the Covenant found in Jehovah's Temple so that they could hear it.
And the letters were sent by posts into all the king's provinces, to destroy, to kill, and to cause to perish, all Jews, both young and old, little children and women, in one day, even upon the thirteenth day of the twelfth month, which is the month Adar, and to take the spoil of them for a prey.
young and old shall be astonished at his death.
He will bless his loyal followers, both young and old.
So shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians prisoners, and the Ethiopians captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with their buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt.
The burden of the beasts of the south: into the land of trouble and anguish, from whence come the young and old lion, the viper and fiery flying serpent, they will carry their riches upon the shoulders of young asses, and their treasures upon the bunches of camels, to a people that shall not profit them.
Then the virgin will rejoice with dancing, while young and old men [rejoice] together. I will turn their mourning into joy, give them consolation, and [bring] happiness out of grief.
Lain on the earth in out-places have young and old, My virgins and my young men have fallen by the sword, Thou hast slain in a day of Thine anger, Thou hast slaughtered -- Thou hast not pitied.
and say, 'Thus sayeth the LORD God: Woe be unto you, that sew pillows under all armholes, and bolsters under the heads both of young and old, to catch souls withal. For when ye have gotten the souls of my people in your captivity, ye promise them life,
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Clean Out The Old Yeast (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Died at a Good Old Age (3 instances in 6 translations)
- Get Rid Of The Old Yeast (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Good Old Age (4 instances in 20 translations)
- Grow Old Like a Garment (3 instances in 11 translations)
- Men Of Old (6 instances in 14 translations)
- New Wine into Old Wineskins (3 instances in 17 translations)
- Old and Full of Days (5 instances in 17 translations)
- Old And Full Of Years (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Old Covenant (3 instances in 25 translations)
- Old Man (69 instances in 38 translations)
- Old Serpent (2 instances in 24 translations)
- Old Testament (21 instances in 13 translations)
- Old Wineskins (4 instances in 18 translations)
- Purge Out the Old Leaven (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Put New Wine Into Old Bottles (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Serpent of Old (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Wax Old Like A Garment (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Access To God, In Old Testament
- Anointed Old Testament Leaders
- Attaining Old Age
- Characters Of Old People
- Dealing With Young People
- Disrespect For Old Age
- God Acting Of Old
- God As An Old Person
- God Being Of Old
- God Planning Of Old
- God Speaking Of Old
- Hope For Old People
- Judgement On Old People
- Less Than A Year Old
- Limitations Of Old People
- New Testament Claiming Old Testament Is Inspired
- Offerings, Old Testamnent Kinds Of
- Old Age, Attainment Of
- Old Age, Attitudes To
- Old Age, Disabilities
- Old Nature
- Old Sayings
- Old Testament Claims Inspiration
- Old Testament Events As Types
- Old Testament Parables
- Old Testament People As Types
- Old Things
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Respect For Old People
- Returning to the old
- Rules About Young People
- The Youngest Child