'Anger' in the Bible
Is this nothing to you, all you who pass by? Look and see! Is there any pain like mine, which was dealt out to me, which the Lord made [me] suffer on the day of His burning anger?
How hath the Lord covered the daughter of Zion with a cloud in his anger, and cast down from heaven unto the earth the beauty of Israel, and remembered not his footstool in the day of his anger!
(Bet) The Lord destroyed mercilessly all the homes of Jacob's descendants. In his anger he tore down the fortified cities of Daughter Judah. He knocked to the ground and humiliated the kingdom and its rulers.
He hath cut off in his fierce anger all the horn of Israel: he hath drawn back his right hand from before the enemy, and he burned against Jacob like a flaming fire, which devoureth round about.
He bent his bow against us as would an enemy, his right hand cocked as would an adversary. He has killed everyone in whom we took pride; in the tent of cherished Zion he poured out his anger like fire.
And He has violently treated His tabernacle like a garden booth; He has destroyed His appointed meeting place The LORD has caused to be forgotten The appointed feast and sabbath in Zion, And He has despised king and priest In the indignation of His anger.
On the ground in the streets Lie young and old; My virgins and my young men Have fallen by the sword You have slain them in the day of Your anger, You have slaughtered, not sparing.
(Tav) As if it were a feast day, you call enemies to terrify me on every side. On the day of the Lord's anger no one escaped or survived. My enemy has finished off those healthy infants whom I bore and raised.
I am a man familiar with affliction under the rod of God's anger.
Samech Thou hast unfurled anger and persecuted us; thou hast slain, thou hast not forgiven.
Thou wilt pursue them in anger, and destroy them from under the heavens of Jehovah.
The Lord has fulfilled His wrath; He has poured out His fierce anger and has kindled a fire in Zion that has consumed her foundations.
The anger of the Lord has scattered [and divided them among the nations]; He will no longer look after them. They did not respect the persons of the priests; they did not favor the elders.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (9)
- Exodus (14)
- Leviticus (1)
- Numbers (16)
- Deuteronomy (21)
- Joshua (5)
- Judges (9)
- 1 Samuel (7)
- 2 Samuel (6)
- 1 Kings (11)
- 2 Kings (14)
- 1 Chronicles (2)
- 2 Chronicles (17)
- Ezra (2)
- Nehemiah (3)
- Esther (7)
- Job (25)
- Psalm (56)
- Proverbs (21)
- Ecclesiastes (6)
- Isaiah (42)
- Jeremiah (48)
- Lamentations (13)
- Ezekiel (38)
- Daniel (8)
- Hosea (8)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (1)
- Jonah (3)
- Micah (3)
- Nahum (3)
- Habakkuk (4)
- Zephaniah (4)
- Zechariah (3)
- Angered (30 instances in 10 translations)
- Angering (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Angers (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Changers (3 instances in 6 translations)
- Danger (151 instances in 14 translations)
- Dangerous (24 instances in 13 translations)
- Dangerously (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Dangers (6 instances in 8 translations)
- Endanger (5 instances in 9 translations)
- Endangered (9 instances in 13 translations)
- Endangering (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Endangers (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Exchangers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Money-changers (5 instances in 14 translations)
- Stranger (161 instances in 13 translations)
- Stranger's (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Strangers (105 instances in 13 translations)
- Anger In Christian Living
- Anger Management
- Anger Of God, Causes
- Anger Of God, Consequences
- Anger Of God, Description
- Anger Of God, Examples Of
- Anger Of God, Nature Of
- Anger Of God, Saved From
- Anger Of Jesus
- Anger Of Man, Cause
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Anger Subsiding
- Anger, Characteristic Of Fools
- Anger, Human
- Anger, Justified Examples
- Anger, Sinful Examples
- Being Slow To Anger
- Controlling Anger
- Danger From Men
- Danger When God Is Near
- Danger, Physical
- Danger, Protection From
- Dangers Of Ignorance
- False Doctrine, Dangers Of