'Child' in the Bible
Listen, my child, to the instruction from your father, and do not forsake the teaching from your mother.
My child, if sinners try to entice you, do not consent!
My child, do not go down their way, withhold yourself from their path;
My child, if you receive my words, and store up my commands within you,
My child, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments,
My child, do not despise discipline from the Lord, and do not loathe his rebuke.
My child, do not let them escape from your sight; safeguard sound wisdom and discretion.
When I was a son to my father, a tender only child before my mother,
Listen, my child, and accept my words, so that the years of your life will be many.
My child, pay attention to my words; listen attentively to my sayings.
My child, be attentive to my wisdom, pay close attention to my understanding,
Why should you be intoxicated, my child, by a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a foreigner?
My child, if you have made a pledge for your neighbor, and have become a guarantor for a stranger,
then, my child, do this in order to deliver yourself, because you have fallen into your neighbor's power: go, humble yourself, and appeal firmly to your neighbor.
My child, guard the commands of your father and do not forsake the instruction of your mother.
My child, keep my words and treasure up my commands in your own keeping.
The Proverbs of Solomon: A wise child makes a father rejoice, but a foolish child is a grief to his mother.
He who gathers in the summer [is] a child who is prudent; he who sleeps at the harvest [is] a child who brings shame.
A wise child [hears] the discipline of a father, but a scoffer does not listen to a rebuke.
The one who spares his rod hates his child, but the one who loves his child is diligent in disciplining him.
A wise child brings joy to his father, but a foolish person despises his mother.
A slave who deals wisely will rule over a child who acts shamefully, and in the midst of brothers he will share his inheritance.
A foolish child is a grief to his father, and bitterness to the mother who bore him.
A foolish child is the ruin of his father, and a contentious wife is like a constant dripping.
Discipline your child, for there is hope, but do not set your heart on causing his death.
He who does violence to a father, he who chases away a mother, [is] a child who causes shame and brings reproach.
If you stop listening to instruction, my child, you will stray from the words of knowledge.
Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
My child, if your heart is wise, then my heart also will be glad;
Listen, my child, and be wise, and guide your heart on the right way.
Give ear to your father whose child you are, and do not keep honour from your mother when she is old.
The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.
My child, may you give your heart to me, and may your eyes delight in my ways.
Eat honey, my child, for it is good, and honey from the honeycomb is sweet to your taste.
Fear the Lord, my child, as well as the king, and do not associate with rebels,
Be wise, my child, and make my heart glad, and I will answer him who reproaches me [with] a word.
The one who keeps the law is a discerning child, but a companion of gluttons brings shame to his parents.
The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.
Discipline your child, and he will give you rest; he will bring you happiness.
He that delicately bringeth up his servant from a child shall have him become his son at the length.
Who has ascended [to] heaven and come down? Who has gathered [the] wind in the hollow of his hand? Who has wrapped water in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What [is] his name and what is the name of his child? For [surely] you know.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (53)
- Exodus (19)
- Leviticus (9)
- Numbers (3)
- Deuteronomy (18)
- Judges (9)
- Ruth (3)
- 1 Samuel (17)
- 2 Samuel (12)
- 1 Kings (22)
- 2 Kings (15)
- 1 Chronicles (1)
- 2 Chronicles (1)
- Job (11)
- Psalm (9)
- Proverbs (45)
- Ecclesiastes (9)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (22)
- Jeremiah (14)
- Lamentations (3)
- Ezekiel (3)
- Daniel (1)
- Hosea (5)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (2)
- Micah (2)
- Zechariah (2)
- Malachi (2)
- Child's (24 instances in 13 translations)
- Child-conductor (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Child-conductors (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Childbearing (6 instances in 12 translations)
- Childbirth (29 instances in 10 translations)
- Childhood (30 instances in 12 translations)
- Childish (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Childishness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Childless (37 instances in 13 translations)
- Childlessness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Childlike (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Children (2021 instances in 14 translations)
- Children's (38 instances in 13 translations)
- Grandchild (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Grandchildren (21 instances in 11 translations)
- Maid-child (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Man-child (18 instances in 9 translations)
- Man-childless (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Men-children (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Women-children (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Admonition, Of Parents
- Adult Children
- Amusements Of Children
- Attitude Towards Your Mother
- Authority Within The Family, Kinds Of
- Bad Children
- Bad Parents
- Becoming A Parent
- Being A Dad
- Caring For Children
- Child Abuse
- Child Bearing
- Child sacrifice
- Children And The Kingdom
- Children Are A Blessing
- Children Blessed
- Children In The Faith
- Children In The Miracles Of Jesus Christ
- Children Of Abraham
- Children Of Evil
- Children Of God
- Children Of The Devil
- Children Suffering
- Children's Protection
- Children, A Blessing
- Children, A Gift From God
- Children, Attitude to Parents
- Children, Bad Kids
- Children, Bad Parental Examples
- Children, Disciplining
- Children, Duties Of
- Children, Figurative Sense
- Children, Good Examples Of
- Children, Good Kids
- Children, Good Parental Examples
- Children, Grief To Parents
- Children, In Jesus Miracles
- Children, Parents Love
- Children, Should Be Treated
- Children, Ungrateful
- Children, With Jesus
- Children, attitudes towards
- Children, examples of
- Children, needs of
- Children, responsibilities to God
- Children, responsibilities to parents
- Dealing With Rebellious Children
- Fathers And Sons
- Fathers, Responsibilities Of
- Folly, Effects Of
- Good Children
- Helpful Children
- Illegitimate Children
- Instruction Of Children
- Jesus As A Child
- Keeping Man's Word
- Like Children
- Living As God's Children
- Love For Children
- Misleading Children
- Mothers Love For Children
- Mothers, Responsibilities Of
- Only Child Of People
- Parents Duty To Children
- Parents Prayer For Their Children
- Pay Attention To People!
- Promises To Children
- Seven Children
- Teaching Children
- The Joy Of Fathers
- The More Children The Better
- The Only Child
- The Work Of Fools
- The Youngest Child
- Three Children
- Training Children
- Wicked Children, Examples Of
- Wicked Children, Regard To Parents
- Discipline, in the family