'Doth' in the Bible
And so he doth year by year, from the time of her going up into the house of Jehovah, so it provoketh her, and she weepeth, and doth not eat.
and voweth a vow, and saith, 'Jehovah of Hosts, if Thou dost certainly look on the affliction of Thy handmaid, and hast remembered me, and dost not forget Thy handmaid, and hast given to Thy handmaid seed of men -- then I have given him to Jehovah all days of his life, and a razor doth not go up upon his head.'
And Eli answereth and saith, 'Go in peace, and the God of Israel doth give thy petition which thou hast asked of Him.'
for this youth I prayed, and Jehovah doth give to me my petition which I asked of Him;
He raiseth from the dust the poor, From a dunghill He lifteth up the needy, To cause them to sit with nobles, Yea, a throne of honour He doth cause them to inherit, For to Jehovah are the fixtures of earth, And He setteth on them the habitable world.
The feet of His saints He keepeth, And the wicked in darkness are silent, For not by power doth man become mighty.
and hath struck it into the pan, or kettle, or caldron, or pot; all that the hook bringeth up doth the priest take for himself; thus they do to all Israel who are coming in, there, in Shiloh.
Also before they make perfume with the fat -- then hath the priest's servant come in, and said to the man who is sacrificing, 'Give flesh to roast for the priest, and he doth not take of thee flesh boiled, but raw;'
and a small upper coat doth his mother make to him, and she hath brought it up to him from time to time, in her coming up with her husband to sacrifice the sacrifice of the time.
And Eli blessed Elkanah, and his wife, and said, 'Jehovah doth appoint for thee seed of this woman, for the petition which she asked for Jehovah;' and they have gone to their place.
If a man sin against a man, then hath God judged him; but if against Jehovah a man sin, who doth pray for him?' and they hearken not to the voice of their father, though Jehovah hath delighted to put them to death.
and thou hast beheld an adversary in My habitation, in all that He doth good with Israel, and there is not an old man in thy house all the days.
and I have raised up for Me a stedfast priest; as in My heart and in My soul he doth do; and I have built for him a stedfast house, and he hath walked up and down before Mine anointed all the days;
and it hath been, every one who is left in thy house doth come in to bow himself to him, for a wage of silver, and a cake of bread, and hath said, Admit me, I pray thee, unto one of the priest's offices, to eat a morsel of bread.'
And Eli saith to Samuel, 'Go, lie down, and it hath been, if He doth call unto thee, that thou hast said, Speak, Jehovah, for Thy servant is hearing;' and Samuel goeth and lieth down in his place.
And he saith, 'What is the word which He hath spoken unto thee? I pray thee, hide it not from me; so doth God do to thee, and so doth He add, if thou hidest from me a word of all the words that He hath spoken unto thee.'
And Samuel declareth to him the whole of the words, and hath not hid from him; and he saith, 'It is Jehovah; that which is good in His eyes He doth.'
And the people cometh in unto the camp, and the elders of Israel say, 'Why hath Jehovah smitten us to-day before the Philistines? we take unto us from Shiloh the ark of the covenant of Jehovah, and it cometh into our midst, and He doth save us out of the hand of our enemies.'
Woe to us, who doth deliver us out of the hand of these honourable gods? these are the gods who are smiting the Egyptians with every plague in the wilderness.
And the men of Ashdod see that it is so, and have said, 'The ark of the God of Israel doth not abide with us, for hard hath been His hand upon us, and upon Dagon our god.'
And they send and gather all the princes of the Philistines, and say, 'Send away the ark of the God of Israel, and it turneth back to its place, and it doth not put us to death -- and our people;' for there hath been a deadly destruction throughout all the city, very heavy hath the hand of God been there,
And they say, 'If ye are sending away the ark of the God of Israel, ye do not send it away empty; for ye do certainly send back to Him a guilt-offering; then ye are healed, and it hath been known to you why His hand doth not turn aside from you.'
and ye have made images of your emerods, and images of your mice that are corrupting the land, and have given honour to the God of Israel; it may be He doth lighten His hand from off you, and from off your gods, and from off your land;
And the men of Beth-Shemesh say, 'Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and unto whom doth He go up from us?'
And Samuel speaketh unto all the house of Israel, saying, 'If with all your heart ye are turning back unto Jehovah -- turn aside the gods of the stranger from your midst, and Ashtaroth; and prepare your heart unto Jehovah, and serve Him only, and He doth deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines.'
And the sons of Israel say unto Samuel, 'Keep not silent for us from crying unto Jehovah our God, and He doth save us out of the hand of the Philistines.'
and Samuel is causing the burnt-offering to go up -- and the Philistines have drawn nigh to battle against Israel -- and Jehovah doth thunder with a great noise, on that day, upon the Philistines, and troubleth them, and they are smitten before Israel.
And now, hearken to their voice; only, surely thou dost certainly protest to them, and hast declared to them the custom of the king who doth reign over them.'
and saith, 'This is the custom of the king who doth reign over you: Your sons he doth take, and hath appointed for himself among his chariots, and among his horsemen, and they have run before his chariots;
'And your daughters he doth take for perfumers, and for cooks, and for bakers;
and your fields, and your vineyards, and your olive-yards -- the best -- he doth take, and hath given to his servants.
And your seed and your vineyards he doth tithe, and hath given to his eunuchs, and to his servants.
And your men-servants, and your maid-servants, and your young men -- the best, and your asses, he doth take, and hath prepared for his own work;
your flock he doth tithe, and ye are to him for servants.
And ye have cried out in that day because of the king whom ye have chosen for yourselves, and Jehovah doth not answer you in that day.'
And he saith to him, 'Lo, I pray thee, a man of God is in this city, and the man is honoured; all that he speaketh doth certainly come; now, we go there, it may be he doth declare to us our way on which we have gone.'
As soon as ye be come into the city, ye shall straightway find him, before he go up to the high place to eat: for the people will not eat until he come, because he doth bless the sacrifice; and afterwards they eat that be bidden. Now therefore get you up; for about this time ye shall find him.
When Samuel hath seen Saul, then hath Jehovah answered him, 'Lo, the man of whom I have spoken unto thee; this one doth restrain My people.'
and they come in thither to the height, and lo, a band of prophets -- to meet him, and prosper over him doth the Spirit of God, and he prophesieth in their midst.
and the sons of worthlessness have said, 'What! this one doth save us!' and they despise him, and have not brought to him a present; and he is as one deaf.
And the Spirit of God doth prosper over Saul, in his hearing these words, and his anger burneth greatly,
And the people say unto Samuel, 'Who is he that saith, Saul doth reign over us! give ye up the men, and we put them to death.'
And ye see that Nahash king of the Bene-Ammon hath come against you, and ye say to me, Nay, but a king doth reign over us; and Jehovah your God is your king!
is it not wheat-harvest to-day? I call unto Jehovah, and He doth give voices and rain; and know ye and see that your evil is great which ye have done in the eyes of Jehovah, to ask for you a king.'
for Jehovah doth not leave His people, on account of His great name; for Jehovah hath been pleased to make you to Him for a people.
and, now, thy kingdom doth not stand, Jehovah hath sought for Himself a man according to His own heart, and Jehovah chargeth him for leader over His people, for thou hast not kept that which Jehovah commanded thee.'
And Jonathan saith unto the young man bearing his weapons, 'Come, and we pass over unto the station of these uncircumcised; it may be Jehovah doth work for us, for there is no restraint to Jehovah to save by many or by few.'
for, Jehovah liveth, who is saving Israel: surely if it be in Jonathan my son, surely he doth certainly die;' and none is answering him out of all the people.
And Saul saith, 'Thus doth God do, and thus doth He add, for thou dost certainly die, Jonathan.'
And the people say unto Saul, 'Doth Jonathan die who wrought this great salvation in Israel? -- a profanation! Jehovah liveth, if there falleth from the hair of his head to the earth, for with God he hath wrought this day;' and the people rescue Jonathan, and he hath not died.
and Saul captured the kingdom over Israel, and he fighteth round about against all his enemies, against Moab, and against the Bene-Ammon, and against Edom, and against the kings of Zobah, and against the Philistines, and whithersoever he turneth he doth vex them.
And the war is severe against the Philistines all the days of Saul; when Saul hath seen any mighty man, and any son of valour, then he doth gather him unto himself.
And Samuel saith, 'Art not thou, if thou art little in thine own eyes, head of the tribes of Israel? and Jehovah doth anoint thee for king over Israel,
for a sin of divination is rebellion, and iniquity and teraphim is stubbornness; because thou hast rejected the word of Jehovah, He also doth reject thee from being king.'
And Samuel saith unto Saul, 'I do not turn back with thee; for thou hast rejected the word of Jehovah, and Jehovah doth reject thee from being king over Israel.'
and also, the Pre-eminence of Israel doth not lie nor repent, for He is not a man to be penitent.'
And Samuel doth that which Jehovah hath spoken, and cometh in to Beth-Lehem, and the elders of the city tremble to meet him, and one saith, 'Is thy coming peace?'
And Samuel taketh the horn of oil, and anointeth him in the midst of his brethren, and prosper over David doth the Spirit of Jehovah from that day and onwards; and Samuel riseth and goeth to Ramath.
And the men of Israel say, 'Have ye seen this man who is coming up? for, to reproach Israel he is coming up, and it hath been -- the man who smiteth him, the king doth enrich him with great riches, and his daughter he doth give to him, and his father's house doth make free in Israel.'
and David saith unto Saul, 'Let no man's heart fall because of him, thy servant doth go, and hath fought with this Philistine.'
And David saith, 'Jehovah, who delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, He doth deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.' And Saul saith unto David, 'Go, and Jehovah is with thee.'
And Saul clotheth David with his long robe, and hath put a helmet of brass on his head, and doth clothe him with a coat of mail.
This day doth Jehovah shut thee up into my hand -- and I have smitten thee, and turned aside thy head from off thee, and given the carcase of the camp of the Philistines this day to the fowl of the heavens, and to the beast of the earth, and all the earth do know that God is for Israel.
and all this assembly do know that not by sword and by spear doth Jehovah save, that the battle is Jehovah's, and He hath given you into our hand.'
And David goeth out whithersoever Saul doth send him; he acted wisely, and Saul setteth him over the men of war, and it is good in the eyes of all the people, and also in the eyes of the servants of Saul.
And Saul hearkeneth to the voice of Jonathan, and Saul sweareth, 'Jehovah liveth -- he doth not die.'
And he saith to him, 'Far be it! thou dost not die; lo, my father doth not do anything great or small and doth not uncover mine ear; and wherefore doth my father hide from me this thing? this thing is not.'
And Jonathan saith to David, 'What doth thy soul say? -- and I do it for thee.'
And David saith unto Jonathan, 'Who doth declare to me? or what if thy father doth answer thee sharply?'
thus doth Jehovah do to Jonathan, and thus doth He add; when the evil concerning thee is good to my father, then I have uncovered thine ear, and sent thee away, and thou hast gone in peace, and Jehovah is with thee, as he was with my father;
A lack of madmen have I, that ye have brought in this one to act as a madman by me! doth this one come in unto my house?'
And David goeth thence to Mizpeh of Moab, and saith unto the king of Moab, 'Let, I pray thee, my father and my mother go out with you, till that I know what God doth for me;'
And Saul saith to his servants who are standing by him, 'Hear, I pray you, ye Benjamites; also to all of you doth the son of Jesse give fields and vineyards! all of you he doth appoint heads of thousands and heads of hundreds!
And answer doth Doeg the Edomite, who is set over the servants of Saul, and saith, 'I have seen the son of Jesse coming in to Nob, unto Ahimelech son of Ahitub,
And David saith to Abiathar, 'I have known on that day when Doeg the Edomite is there, that he doth certainly declare it to Saul; I have brought it round to every person of the house of thy father;
Do the possessors of Keilah shut me up into his hand? doth Saul come down as Thy servant hath heard? Jehovah, God of Israel, declare, I pray Thee, to Thy servant.' And Jehovah saith, 'He doth come down.'
and saith unto him, 'Fear not, for the hand of Saul my father doth not find thee, and thou dost reign over Israel, and I am to thee for second, and also so knoweth Saul my father.'
Then came up the Ziphites to Saul to Gibeah, saying, Doth not David hide himself with us in strong holds in the wood, in the hill of Hachilah, which is on the south of Jeshimon?
and David riseth afterwards, and goeth out from the cave, and calleth after Saul, saying, 'My lord, O king!' And Saul looketh attentively behind him, and David boweth -- face to the earth -- and doth obeisance.
'Jehovah doth judge between me and thee, and Jehovah hath avenged me of thee, and my hand is not on thee;
And Jehovah hath been for judge, and hath judged between me and thee, yea, he seeth and pleadeth my cause, and doth deliver me out of thy hand.'
and that a man doth find his enemy, and hath sent him away in a good manner; and Jehovah doth repay thee good for that which thou didst to me this day.
thus doth God do to the enemies of David, and thus He doth add, if I leave of all that he hath till the light of the morning -- of those sitting on the wall.'
Bear, I pray thee, with the transgression of thy handmaid, for Jehovah doth certainly make to my lord a stedfast house; for the battles of Jehovah hath my lord fought, and evil is not found in thee all thy days.
And man riseth to pursue thee and to seek thy soul, and the soul of my lord hath been bound in the bundle of life with Jehovah thy God; as to the soul of thine enemies, He doth sling them out in the midst of the hollow of the sling.
'And it hath been, when Jehovah doth to my lord according to all the good which He hath spoken concerning thee, and appointed thee for leader over Israel,
And the Ziphites came unto Saul to Gibeah, saying, Doth not David hide himself in the hill of Hachilah, which is before Jeshimon?
And David answereth and saith unto Ahimelech the Hittite, and unto Abishai son of Zeruiah, brother of Joab, saying, 'Who doth go down with me unto Saul, unto the camp?' and Abishai saith, 'I -- I go down with thee.'
And David saith, 'Jehovah liveth; except Jehovah doth smite him, or his day come that he hath died, or into battle he go down, and hath been consumed --
And he said, Wherefore doth my lord thus pursue after his servant? for what have I done? or what evil is in mine hand?
Now therefore, let not my blood fall to the earth before the face of the LORD: for the king of Israel is come out to seek a flea, as when one doth hunt a partridge in the mountains.
and Jehovah doth turn back to each his righteousness and his faithfulness, in that Jehovah hath given thee to-day into my hand, and I have not been willing to put forth my hand against the anointed of Jehovah,
and lo, as thy soul hath been great this day in mine eyes, so is my soul great in the eyes of Jehovah, and He doth deliver me out of all distress.'
And David saith unto Achish, 'If, I pray thee, I have found grace in thine eyes, they give to me a place in one of the cities of the field, and I dwell there, yea, why doth thy servant dwell in the royal city with thee?'
and David hath smitten the land, and doth not keep alive man and woman, and hath taken sheep, and oxen, and asses, and camels, and garments, and turneth back, and cometh in unto Achish.
Neither man nor woman doth David keep alive, to bring in word to Gath, saying, 'Lest they declare it against us, saying, Thus hath David done, and thus is his custom all the days that he hath dwelt in the fields of the Philistines.'
And Saul sweareth to her by Jehovah, saying, 'Jehovah liveth, punishment doth not meet thee for this thing.'
And he saith to her, 'What is his form?' and she saith, 'An aged man is coming up, and he is covered with an upper robe;' and Saul knoweth that he is Samuel, and boweth -- face to thee earth -- and doth obeisance.
And Jehovah doth for Himself as He hath spoken by my hand, and Jehovah rendeth the kingdom out of thy hand, and giveth it to thy neighbour -- to David.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (107)
- Exodus (108)
- Leviticus (151)
- Numbers (95)
- Deuteronomy (176)
- Joshua (45)
- Judges (39)
- Ruth (15)
- 1 Samuel (105)
- 2 Samuel (74)
- 1 Kings (77)
- 2 Kings (94)
- 1 Chronicles (31)
- 2 Chronicles (79)
- Ezra (10)
- Nehemiah (14)
- Esther (14)
- Job (223)
- Psalm (240)
- Proverbs (68)
- Ecclesiastes (27)
- Song of Songs (6)
- Isaiah (191)
- Jeremiah (135)
- Lamentations (18)
- Ezekiel (96)
- Daniel (53)
- Hosea (40)
- Joel (10)
- Amos (25)
- Obadiah (3)
- Jonah (8)
- Micah (24)
- Nahum (15)
- Habakkuk (19)
- Zephaniah (10)
- Haggai (4)
- Zechariah (29)
- Malachi (9)
- Matthew (87)
- Mark (44)
- Luke (78)
- John (112)
- Acts (30)
- Romans (46)
- 1 Corinthians (49)
- 2 Corinthians (22)
- Galatians (10)
- Ephesians (5)
- Philippians (1)
- Colossians (5)
- 1 Thessalonians (5)
- 2 Thessalonians (3)
- 1 Timothy (5)
- 2 Timothy (2)
- Titus (4)
- Philemon (2)
- Hebrews (32)
- James (21)
- 1 Peter (8)
- 2 Peter (4)
- 1 John (37)
- 2 John (1)
- 3 John (3)
- Jude (1)
- Revelation (28)
- Dobrath (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Docile (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Doctor (6 instances in 7 translations)
- Doctors (11 instances in 9 translations)
- Doctrine (73 instances in 13 translations)
- Doctrines (12 instances in 12 translations)
- Document (19 instances in 5 translations)
- Documented (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Documents (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Dod (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dodge (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dodges (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doe (9 instances in 10 translations)
- Doer (20 instances in 14 translations)
- Doers (17 instances in 12 translations)
- Doest (59 instances in 6 translations)
- Doeth (131 instances in 5 translations)
- Dog (24 instances in 14 translations)
- Dog's (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Dog-flies (7 instances in 1 translation)
- Dogmatic (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dogs (34 instances in 14 translations)
- Doing (861 instances in 14 translations)
- Doings (103 instances in 11 translations)
- Dole (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Dolefully (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dollar (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dollars (5 instances in 1 translation)
- Dolphin (13 instances in 2 translations)
- Dolphins (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Domain (8 instances in 6 translations)
- Domains (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dome (9 instances in 2 translations)
- Domestic (43 instances in 6 translations)
- Domesticated (9 instances in 2 translations)
- Domestics (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Dominant (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Dominate (16 instances in 6 translations)
- Dominated (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Dominates (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Dominating (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Domination (34 instances in 4 translations)
- Domineer (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Domineered (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Domineering (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Dominion (99 instances in 13 translations)
- Dominions (2 instances in 12 translations)
- Don (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Donate (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Donated (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Donation (11 instances in 2 translations)
- Donations (10 instances in 4 translations)
- Done (1579 instances in 14 translations)
- Donkey (93 instances in 7 translations)
- Donkey's (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Donkeys (73 instances in 7 translations)
- Donning (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Donors (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doomed (42 instances in 9 translations)
- Dooming (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Door (272 instances in 14 translations)
- Door-keepers (44 instances in 12 translations)
- Door-post (9 instances in 12 translations)
- Door-posts (20 instances in 12 translations)
- Doorframe (9 instances in 3 translations)
- Doorframes (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Doorjamb (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doorjambs (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doorkeeper (9 instances in 12 translations)
- Doorsills (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doorstep (16 instances in 2 translations)
- Doorsteps (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doorway (256 instances in 8 translations)
- Doorways (34 instances in 7 translations)
- Dormant (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dost (1412 instances in 7 translations)
- Dot (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dote (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doted (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Doteth (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Doting (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Double (60 instances in 13 translations)
- Double-boarded (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Double-cross (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Double-edged (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Double-minded (3 instances in 11 translations)
- Double-portioned (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Double-pronged (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Double-talkers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Double-tongued (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Doubled (10 instances in 12 translations)
- Doubles (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doubly (7 instances in 6 translations)
- Doubt (75 instances in 14 translations)
- Doubted (6 instances in 11 translations)
- Doubter (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doubters (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Doubteth (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Doubtful (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Doubting (16 instances in 13 translations)
- Doubtingly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doubtless (15 instances in 9 translations)
- Doubts (22 instances in 13 translations)
- Dough (17 instances in 13 translations)
- Dove (28 instances in 14 translations)
- Dove's (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Dove-cotes (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dove-sellers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doves (24 instances in 14 translations)
- Dovesdung (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dovetailing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Down (2715 instances in 14 translations)
- Down-sitting (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Downcast (11 instances in 8 translations)
- Downfall (60 instances in 11 translations)
- Downhearted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Downpour (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Downright (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Downstairs (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Downstream (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Downtrodden (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Downward (10 instances in 12 translations)
- Downwards (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Dowry (8 instances in 11 translations)
- Doxology (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dozing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Doth (3132 instances)