'Fire' in the Bible
His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
And his feet like polished brass, as if it had been burned in a fire; and his voice was as the sound of great waters.
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
The third angel blew his trumpet; and there fell from Heaven a great star, which was on fire like a torch. It fell upon a third part of the rivers and upon the springs of water.
And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.
And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
The kings of the earth, who committed sexual immorality with her and lived in luxury with her, will cry and mourn over her when they see the smoke rising from the fire that consumes her.
Every ship's captain, everyone who traveled by ship, sailors, and everyone who made a living from the sea stood far away. When they saw the smoke rising from the fire that consumed her, they began to cry out, "What city was like that great city?"
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (4)
- Exodus (28)
- Leviticus (76)
- Numbers (38)
- Deuteronomy (32)
- Joshua (9)
- Judges (15)
- 1 Samuel (4)
- 2 Samuel (7)
- 1 Kings (13)
- 2 Kings (19)
- 1 Chronicles (4)
- 2 Chronicles (10)
- Nehemiah (7)
- Job (13)
- Psalm (41)
- Proverbs (16)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (44)
- Jeremiah (47)
- Lamentations (5)
- Ezekiel (48)
- Daniel (19)
- Hosea (3)
- Joel (5)
- Amos (10)
- Obadiah (1)
- Micah (2)
- Nahum (5)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Zechariah (6)
- Malachi (3)
- Fir (22 instances in 13 translations)
- Fir-pine (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fir-tree (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Fir-trees (10 instances in 2 translations)
- Fir-wood (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire-brand (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Fire-brands (4 instances in 9 translations)
- Fire-offering (47 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire-offerings (18 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire-pan (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Fire-pans (16 instances in 12 translations)
- Fire-roasted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fired (13 instances in 4 translations)
- Firelight (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Fireplace (9 instances in 3 translations)
- Firepot (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Firepots (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fires (18 instances in 11 translations)
- Firewood (19 instances in 6 translations)
- Firing (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Firkins (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Firm (158 instances in 13 translations)
- Firm-footed (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Firmament (20 instances in 7 translations)
- Firmer (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Firmly (91 instances in 9 translations)
- Firmness (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Firs (12 instances in 4 translations)
- First (846 instances in 14 translations)
- First-born (133 instances in 13 translations)
- First-class (1 instance in 1 translation)
- First-fruit (27 instances in 12 translations)
- First-fruits (51 instances in 14 translations)
- First-ripe (8 instances in 12 translations)
- Firstbegotten (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Firsthand (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Firstling (12 instances in 7 translations)
- Firstlings (8 instances in 9 translations)
- Ardour (3 instances)
- Arouse (32 instances)
- Attack (399 instances)
- Blast (36 instances)
- Burn (249 instances)
- Discharge (34 instances)
- Dismiss (26 instances)
- Elicit (1 instance)
- Energy (19 instances)
- Excite (1 instance)
- Fervor (6 instances)
- Fire (641 instances)
- Firing (3 instances)
- Flame (74 instances)
- Flaming (51 instances)
- Fuel (15 instances)
- Ignite (11 instances)
- Angels Doing God's Work
- Answers By Fire
- Cosmic Creatures
- Earth On Fire
- Exclusion From Godâ€™s Presence
- Eyes In Prophecy
- Fire Emanating From God
- Fire From God's Servants
- Fire From Heaven
- Fire Of Christ
- Fire Of Evil
- Fire Of God's Anger
- Fire Of God's Word
- Fire Of Hell
- Fire Of Judgement
- Fire Of The Spirit
- God Appearing In Fire
- God's Voice
- Hell, As An Experience
- Hell, Punishment Of
- Inward Fire