'First' in the Bible
Cush fathered Nimrod, who was the first to become a great warrior on earth.
Two sons were born to Eber: the first was named Peleg, for during his lifetime the earth was divided; his brother's name was Joktan.
These were the places assigned to Aaron's sons from the Kohathite family for their settlements in their territory, because the [first] lot was for them.
And Machir took as wife the sister of Huppim and Shuppim; her name was Maacah. The name of a second [and later descendant, the first being Gilead], was Zelophehad; and Zelophehad had daughters [only].
Now the first inhabitants that dwelt in their possessions in their cities were, the Israelites, the priests, Levites, and the Nethinims.
And David said, Whosoever smiteth the Jebusites first shall be chief and captain. So Joab the son of Zeruiah went first up, and was chief.
Of the three, he was more honourable than the two; for he was their captain: howbeit he attained not to the first three.
Behold, he was honourable among the thirty, but attained not to the first three: and David set him over his guard.
Ezer the first, Obadiah the second, Eliab the third,
These are they that went over Jordan in the first month, when it had overflown all his banks; and they put to flight all them of the valleys, both toward the east, and toward the west.
For because ye did it not at the first, the LORD our God made a breach upon us, for that we sought him not after the due order.
And Mattithiah and Eliphelehu and Mikneiah and Obed-edom and Jeiel and Azaziah, with corded instruments on the octave, to give the first note of the song.
Then on that day David delivered first this psalm to thank the LORD into the hand of Asaph and his brethren.
'And I have prepared a place for My people Israel, and planted it, and it hath dwelt in its place, and is not troubled any more, and the sons of perverseness add not to wear it out as at first,
and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada was over the Cherethites and the Pelethites; and the sons of David were the first at the king's hand.
Ladan's sons: Jehiel was the first, then Zetham, and Joel-three.
Jahath was the first and Zizah was the second; however, Jeush and Beriah did not have many sons, so they became an ancestral house [and received] a single assignment.
Eliezer's sons were Rehabiah, first; Eliezer did not have any other sons, but Rehabiah's sons were very numerous.
Of the sons of Hebron; Jeriah the first, Amariah the second, Jahaziel the third, and Jekameam the fourth.
Of the sons of Uzziel; Michah the first, and Jesiah the second.
Now the first lot came forth to Jehoiarib, the second to Jedaiah,
Concerning Rehabiah: of the sons of Rehabiah, the first was Isshiah.
And the sons of Hebron; Jeriah the first, Amariah the second, Jahaziel the third, Jekameam the fourth.
Now the first lot came forth for Asaph to Joseph: the second to Gedaliah, who with his brethren and sons were twelve:
the twenty-first to Hothir, his sons, and his brothers- 12
Hosah, from the Merarites, also had sons: Shimri the first (although he was not the firstborn, his father had appointed him as the first),
Over the first course for the first month was Jashobeam the son of Zabdiel: and in his course were twenty and four thousand.
Of the children of Perez was the chief of all the captains of the host for the first month.
And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father [have personal knowledge of Him, be acquainted with, and understand Him; appreciate, heed, and cherish Him] and serve Him with a blameless heart and a willing mind. For the Lord searches all hearts and minds and understands all the wanderings of the thoughts. If you seek Him [inquiring for and of Him and requiring Him as your first and vital necessity] you will find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever!
Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer,
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (44)
- Exodus (48)
- Leviticus (27)
- Numbers (84)
- Deuteronomy (34)
- Joshua (9)
- Judges (12)
- Ruth (3)
- 1 Samuel (16)
- 2 Samuel (16)
- 1 Kings (23)
- 2 Kings (7)
- 1 Chronicles (33)
- 2 Chronicles (25)
- Ezra (14)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Esther (3)
- Job (12)
- Psalm (9)
- Proverbs (9)
- Ecclesiastes (3)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (21)
- Jeremiah (26)
- Lamentations (1)
- Ezekiel (20)
- Daniel (23)
- Hosea (5)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (4)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (3)
- Nahum (2)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Haggai (4)
- Zechariah (3)
- Matthew (33)
- Mark (29)
- Luke (34)
- John (24)
- Acts (25)
- Romans (13)
- 1 Corinthians (18)
- 2 Corinthians (7)
- Galatians (5)
- Ephesians (8)
- Philippians (2)
- Colossians (3)
- 1 Thessalonians (2)
- 2 Thessalonians (2)
- 1 Timothy (7)
- 2 Timothy (3)
- Titus (1)
- Philemon (1)
- Hebrews (22)
- James (1)
- 1 Peter (1)
- 2 Peter (4)
- 1 John (9)
- 2 John (2)
- 3 John (1)
- Jude (2)
- Revelation (29)
- Fir (22 instances in 13 translations)
- Fir-pine (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fir-tree (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Fir-trees (10 instances in 2 translations)
- Fir-wood (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire (641 instances in 14 translations)
- Fire-brand (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Fire-brands (4 instances in 9 translations)
- Fire-offering (47 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire-offerings (18 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire-pan (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Fire-pans (16 instances in 12 translations)
- Fire-roasted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fired (13 instances in 4 translations)
- Firelight (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Fireplace (9 instances in 3 translations)
- Firepot (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Firepots (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fires (18 instances in 11 translations)
- Firewood (19 instances in 6 translations)
- Firing (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Firkins (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Firm (158 instances in 13 translations)
- Firm-footed (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Firmament (20 instances in 7 translations)
- Firmer (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Firmly (91 instances in 9 translations)
- Firmness (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Firs (12 instances in 4 translations)
- First-born (133 instances in 13 translations)
- First-class (1 instance in 1 translation)
- First-fruit (27 instances in 12 translations)
- First-fruits (51 instances in 14 translations)
- First-ripe (8 instances in 12 translations)
- Firstbegotten (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Firsthand (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Firstling (12 instances in 7 translations)
- Firstlings (8 instances in 9 translations)
- Being First
- Christ The Firstborn
- Death Of The Firstborn
- First Actions
- First Among The Gentiles
- First Death
- First Ones
- First Resurrection
- First Things
- First To Act
- First To Fight
- First fruits
- Firstborn Daughters
- Firstborn Sons