'God' in the Bible
Hear, all ye people; hearken, O earth, and all that therein is: and let the Lord GOD be witness against you, the Lord from his holy temple.
And all her carved images shall be broken in pieces, and all her hires [all that man would gain from desertion of God] shall be burned with fire, and all her idols will be laid waste; for from the hire of [one] harlot she gathered them, and to the hire of [another] harlot they shall return.
Woe to those devising iniquity, And working evil on their beds, In the light of the morning they do it, For their hand is -- to God.
In that day shall they take up a [taunting] parable against you and wail with a doleful and bitter lamentation and say, We are utterly ruined and laid waste! [God] changes the portion of my people. How He removes it from me! He divides our fields [to the rebellious, our captors].
God will stand up and break through in their presence. Then they will pass through the gate, going out by it. Their king will pass in front of them with the LORD at their head."
Then shall the seers be ashamed, and the diviners confounded: yea, they shall all cover their lips; for there is no answer of God.
And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.
And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth.
Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
Then she that is mine enemy shall see it, and shame shall cover her which said unto me, Where is the LORD thy God? mine eyes shall behold her: now shall she be trodden down as the mire of the streets.
They shall lick the dust like a serpent, they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth: they shall be afraid of the LORD our God, and shall fear because of thee.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (226)
- Exodus (144)
- Leviticus (56)
- Numbers (46)
- Deuteronomy (314)
- Joshua (67)
- Judges (60)
- Ruth (4)
- 1 Samuel (107)
- 2 Samuel (61)
- 1 Kings (104)
- 2 Kings (87)
- 1 Chronicles (105)
- 2 Chronicles (180)
- Ezra (84)
- Nehemiah (71)
- Esther (1)
- Job (200)
- Psalm (446)
- Proverbs (63)
- Ecclesiastes (41)
- Isaiah (198)
- Jeremiah (177)
- Lamentations (3)
- Ezekiel (261)
- Daniel (89)
- Hosea (42)
- Joel (10)
- Amos (35)
- Obadiah (2)
- Jonah (16)
- Micah (14)
- Nahum (3)
- Habakkuk (7)
- Zephaniah (7)
- Haggai (3)
- Zechariah (15)
- Malachi (11)
- Matthew (75)
- Mark (66)
- Luke (151)
- John (78)
- Acts (205)
- Romans (185)
- 1 Corinthians (123)
- 2 Corinthians (80)
- Galatians (48)
- Ephesians (46)
- Philippians (28)
- Colossians (36)
- 1 Thessalonians (35)
- 2 Thessalonians (15)
- 1 Timothy (31)
- 2 Timothy (23)
- Titus (15)
- Philemon (2)
- Hebrews (124)
- James (23)
- 1 Peter (48)
- 2 Peter (15)
- 1 John (54)
- 2 John (4)
- 3 John (2)
- Jude (7)
- Revelation (107)
- God-appointed (2 instances in 1 translation)
- God-assigned (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-breathed (1 instance in 4 translations)
- God-fearers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-fearing (17 instances in 7 translations)
- God-forsaken (2 instances in 8 translations)
- God-given (5 instances in 3 translations)
- God-haters (1 instance in 2 translations)
- God-king (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-ordained (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-sows (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-taught (1 instance in 1 translation)
- God-ward (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Godasked (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Goddess (33 instances in 14 translations)
- Godhead (7 instances in 7 translations)
- Godless (38 instances in 10 translations)
- Godlessness (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Godlike (19 instances in 14 translations)
- Godlikewise (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Godliness (21 instances in 12 translations)
- Godly (167 instances in 13 translations)
- Godspeed (2 instances in 1 translation)