'Hands' in the Bible
Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
The work of his hands Thou hast blessed, and his substance hath spread in the land, and yet, put forth, I pray Thee, Thy hand, and strike against anything that he hath -- if not: to Thy face he doth bless Thee!'
And the Lord said to the Satan, See, I give all he has into your hands, only do not put a finger on the man himself. And the Satan went out from before the Lord.
And the Lord said to the Satan, See, he is in your hands, only do not take his life.
Behold, thou hast instructed many, and thou hast strengthened the weak hands.
He disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise.
For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole.
In famine He hath redeemed thee from death, And in battle from the hands of the sword.
But if [God] snatches him from his property, [then having passed into the hands of others] it [his property] will forget and deny him, [saying,] I have never seen you [before, as if ashamed of him -- "like his former friends].
Surely God won't reject those who are blameless or hold hands with those who practice evil.
A land is given into the hands of a wicked person; he covers the faces of its judges. If it is not God, then who is it?"
If I wash myself with snow water, and make my hands never so clean;
Is it good unto thee that thou shouldest oppress, that thou shouldest despise the work of thine hands, and shine upon the counsel of the wicked?
Though you see that I am not an evil-doer; and there is no one who is able to take a man out of your hands?
Thine hands have made me and fashioned me together round about; yet thou dost destroy me.
If thou prepare thine heart, and stretch out thine hands toward him;
If you put far away the evil of your hands, and let no wrongdoing have a place in your tent;
But the tents of robbers are peaceful, and those who provoke God are confident -- who carry their god in their hands.
With him are strength and wise designs; he who is guided into error, together with his guide, are in his hands;
Why do I put myself at risk and take my life in my own hands?
Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.
God hath delivered me to the ungodly, and turned me over into the hands of the wicked.
I was in comfort, but I have been broken up by his hands; he has taken me by the neck, shaking me to bits; he has put me up as a mark for his arrows.
Not for any injustice in mine hands: also my prayer is pure.
Lay down now, put me in a surety with thee; who is he that will strike hands with me?
The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.
His children shall seek to please the poor, and his hands shall restore their goods.
In the fullness of his sufficiency, he shall come into anguish; the hands of all the wicked shall come upon him.
Total darkness is reserved for his treasures. A fire unfanned [by human hands] will consume him; it will feed on what is left in his tent.
The produce of his house is taken away into another country, like things given into the hands of others in the day of wrath.
Look at me and be appalled; put your hands over your mouths.
Behold that their good is not in their hands; the counsel of the wicked is far from me.
He shall deliver the island of the innocent: and it is delivered by the pureness of thine hands.
He clears the skies with his wind; his hands have pierced the fleeing serpent.
Men shall clap their hands at him, and shall hiss him out of his place.
City officials stopped talking and covered their mouths with [their] hands.
Yea, whereto might the strength of their hands profit me, in whom old age was perished?
If my step hath turned out of the way, and mine heart walked after mine eyes, and if any blot hath cleaved to mine hands;
if I've found joy in great wealth that I own, if I've earned a lot with my own hands,
so that in the depths of my deceived heart I worshipped them with my mouth and hands,
Truly I would take up the book in my hands; it would be to me as a crown;
How much less to him that accepteth not the persons of princes, nor regardeth the rich more than the poor? for they all are the work of his hands.
"They die suddenly, in the middle of the night; people suffer seizures and pass away; even valiant men can be taken away and not by human hands.
For he addeth rebellion unto his sin, he clappeth his hands among us, and multiplieth his words against God.
He covers [His] hands with lightning and commands it to hit its mark.
God seals up (stops, brings to a standstill by severe weather) the hand of every man [and now under His seal their hands are forced to inactivity], that all men whom He has made may know His doings (His sovereign power and their subjection to it).
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (35)
- Exodus (34)
- Leviticus (26)
- Numbers (19)
- Deuteronomy (56)
- Joshua (24)
- Judges (62)
- Ruth (2)
- 1 Samuel (54)
- 2 Samuel (27)
- 1 Kings (22)
- 2 Kings (41)
- 1 Chronicles (18)
- 2 Chronicles (46)
- Ezra (13)
- Nehemiah (11)
- Esther (9)
- Job (47)
- Psalm (85)
- Proverbs (27)
- Ecclesiastes (14)
- Song of Songs (5)
- Isaiah (51)
- Jeremiah (82)
- Lamentations (16)
- Ezekiel (44)
- Daniel (14)
- Hosea (5)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (1)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (1)
- Micah (6)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Haggai (3)
- Zechariah (8)
- Malachi (4)
- Hand (1873 instances in 14 translations)
- Hand's (11 instances in 3 translations)
- Hand-baskets (7 instances in 2 translations)
- Hand-breadth (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Hand-breadths (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Hand-carried (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Hand-drum (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-drums (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-loom (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-mill (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Hand-mills (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-mirrors (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-picked (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Hand-sawed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-staves (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Hand-to-hand (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handbags (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Handcuffs (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handed (232 instances in 12 translations)
- Handful (16 instances in 12 translations)
- Handfuls (7 instances in 12 translations)
- Handicaps (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handing (27 instances in 5 translations)
- Handiwork (13 instances in 8 translations)
- Handiworks (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Handkerchief (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Handkerchiefs (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Handle (22 instances in 13 translations)
- Handled (15 instances in 9 translations)
- Handler (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handlers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handles (10 instances in 12 translations)
- Handleth (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Handling (12 instances in 10 translations)
- Handmade (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Handmaiden (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Handmaidens (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Handmaids (20 instances in 8 translations)
- Handouts (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handsome (22 instances in 8 translations)
- Handsomely (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handspikes (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handwork (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Handworker (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handwriting (6 instances in 8 translations)
- Handywork (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Angels Hands
- Christ's Hands
- Cutting Off Hands And Feet
- Diseased Hands
- Given Into One's Hands
- God's Hands In Opposition
- God's Hands On People
- God's Hands Stretched Out
- Hand Of God
- Hands On Heads
- Idle Hands
- Laying Hands On Sacrifices
- Laying On Hands For Evil
- Laying On Hands For The Holy Spirit
- Laying On Hands To Commission
- Laying On Hands To Heal
- Laying On Of Hands
- Left Hands
- Lifting Hands
- Not Given Into One's Hands
- Shaking Hands
- Those God Gave Into Their Hands
- To Be Given Into One's Hands