'Long' in the Bible
Jerusalem remembers the days of her misery and wanderings, all her treasures that were from the days of long ago. When her people fell into [the] hand of the enemy, there was no one helping her; the enemies saw her, they mocked at her destruction.
"From on high He sent fire into my bones, And it prevailed over them He has spread a net for my feet; He has turned me back; He has made me desolate, Faint all day long.
(Pe) All your enemies gloated over you. They sneered and gnashed their teeth; they said, "We have destroyed her! Ha! We have waited a long time for this day. We have lived to see it!"
(Ayin) The Lord has done what he planned; he has fulfilled his promise that he threatened long ago: He has overthrown you without mercy and has enabled the enemy to gloat over you; he has exalted your adversaries' power.
(Tsade) Cry out from your heart to the Lord, O wall of Daughter Zion! Make your tears flow like a river all day and all night long! Do not rest; do not let your tears stop!
Behold, O LORD, and consider to whom thou hast done this. Shall the women eat their fruit, and children of a span long? shall the priest and the prophet be slain in the sanctuary of the Lord?
He repeatedly attacks me, he turns his hand against me all day long.
He has made me to dwell in dark places, as those that have been long dead.
I have become the laughingstock of all people, their mocking song all day long.
The lips of my assailants and their whispering Are against me all day long.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (30)
- Exodus (49)
- Leviticus (14)
- Numbers (16)
- Deuteronomy (43)
- Joshua (15)
- Judges (9)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (19)
- 2 Samuel (14)
- 1 Kings (25)
- 2 Kings (9)
- 1 Chronicles (6)
- 2 Chronicles (20)
- Ezra (5)
- Nehemiah (3)
- Esther (3)
- Job (22)
- Psalm (103)
- Proverbs (18)
- Ecclesiastes (16)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (46)
- Jeremiah (32)
- Lamentations (11)
- Ezekiel (64)
- Daniel (7)
- Hosea (7)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (2)
- Micah (4)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (3)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Zechariah (4)
- Malachi (1)
- Long-eared (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Long-forbearing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Long-haired (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Long-lasting (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Long-lived (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Long-pinioned (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Long-promised (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Long-sleeved (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Long-suffering (23 instances in 8 translations)
- Longed (30 instances in 13 translations)
- Longedst (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Longer (489 instances in 14 translations)
- Longeth (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Longevity (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Longing (52 instances in 13 translations)
- Longingly (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Longings (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Longs (15 instances in 8 translations)
- Longwinged (1 instance in 1 translation)