'Off' in the Bible
They hurried off and found both Mary and Joseph, and the baby who was lying in the feeding trough.
And when the devil had ended every [the complete cycle of] temptation, he [temporarily] left Him [that is, stood off from Him] until another more opportune and favorable time.
They got up, forced Jesus out of the city, and led him to the edge of the hill on which their city was built, intending to throw him off.
And when he left off speaking, he said unto Simon, 'Put back to the deep, and let down your nets for a draught;'
It was at this time that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God.
No kiss did you give me; but she from the moment I came in has not left off tenderly kissing my feet.
And other [seed] fell in the midst of the thorns, and the thorns grew up with it and choked it [off].
And it came to pass on one of the days, that he entered into a ship, himself and his disciples; and he said to them, Let us pass over to the other side of the lake; and they set off from shore.
But as they were sailing, He fell off to sleep. And a whirlwind revolving from below upwards swept down on the lake, and the boat was filling with water, and they were in great danger.
When the men who tended them saw what had happened, they ran off and reported it in the town and in the countryside.
"Go back to your home, and tell all that God has done for you." And off he went, proclaiming throughout the town all that Jesus had done for him.
The people were all weeping aloud and beating their breasts for her; but He said, "Leave off wailing; for she is not dead, but asleep."
And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.
Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Jesus replied and said, "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among robbers, and they stripped him and beat him, and went away leaving him half dead.
But when a stronger man than he attacks and defeats him, the stronger man strips off that man's armor in which he trusted and then divides his plunder.
the lord of that servant will come in a day in which he doth not look for him, and in an hour that he doth not know, and will cut him off, and his portion with the unfaithful he will appoint.
and he said unto the vine-dresser, Lo, three years I come seeking fruit in this fig-tree, and do not find, cut it off, why also the ground doth it render useless?
and if indeed it may bear fruit -- ;and if not so, thereafter thou shalt cut it off.'
But they all alike began to make excuses and to beg off. The first said to him, I have bought a piece of land, and I have to go out and see it; I beg you, have me excused.
Or what king, going to war with another king, will not first take thought if he will be strong enough, with ten thousand men, to keep off him who comes against him with twenty thousand?
Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
And after not many days the younger son gathering all together went away into a country a long way off, and there dissipated his property, living in debauchery.
And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
covered with sores and longing to make a full meal off the scraps flung on the floor from the rich man's table. Nay, the dogs, too, used to come and lick his sores.
And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
So he shouted, "Father Abraham, have mercy on me! Send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water to cool off my tongue, because I am suffering in this fire.'
And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
And they will say to you, 'See there!' 'See here!' Do not start off and go in pursuit.
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
So those who were sent went off and found it as Jesus had told them.
They will fall by the edge of the sword and be carried off as captives among all the nations, and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the unbelievers until the times of the unbelievers are fulfilled."
So he went off and discussed with the high priests and the Temple police how he could betray Jesus to them.
Then one of them struck the high priest's servant, cutting off his right ear.
Then took they him, and led him, and brought him into the high priest's house. And Peter followed afar off.
When he learned with certainty that Jesus came from Herod's jurisdiction, he sent him off to Herod, who was in Jerusalem at that time.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (68)
- Exodus (31)
- Leviticus (35)
- Numbers (27)
- Deuteronomy (33)
- Joshua (17)
- Judges (27)
- Ruth (6)
- 1 Samuel (40)
- 2 Samuel (34)
- 1 Kings (33)
- 2 Kings (45)
- 1 Chronicles (7)
- 2 Chronicles (34)
- Ezra (3)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Esther (8)
- Job (47)
- Psalm (70)
- Proverbs (20)
- Ecclesiastes (6)
- Song of Songs (4)
- Isaiah (73)
- Jeremiah (122)
- Lamentations (12)
- Ezekiel (82)
- Daniel (14)
- Hosea (14)
- Joel (7)
- Amos (13)
- Obadiah (2)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (7)
- Nahum (6)
- Habakkuk (3)
- Zephaniah (4)
- Haggai (1)
- Zechariah (6)
- Malachi (1)
- Off-scouring (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Off-times (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Offal (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Offence (28 instances in 7 translations)
- Offenceless (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Offences (21 instances in 6 translations)
- Offend (34 instances in 11 translations)
- Offended (46 instances in 11 translations)
- Offender (16 instances in 9 translations)
- Offenders (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Offending (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Offends (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Offense (60 instances in 9 translations)
- Offenses (28 instances in 8 translations)
- Offensive (29 instances in 6 translations)
- Offer (534 instances in 14 translations)
- Offered (392 instances in 14 translations)
- Offerer (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Offerest (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offereth (29 instances in 4 translations)
- Offering (959 instances in 14 translations)
- Offering's (21 instances in 1 translation)
- Offerings (561 instances in 14 translations)
- Offeror (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Offers (47 instances in 10 translations)
- Offhand (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Office (80 instances in 13 translations)
- Officer (90 instances in 13 translations)
- Officer's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Officers (201 instances in 13 translations)
- Offices (18 instances in 11 translations)
- Official (92 instances in 8 translations)
- Official's (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Officially (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Officials (338 instances in 9 translations)
- Officiate (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Officiated (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Officiating (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offset (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Offsets (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Offshoot (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offshoots (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Offspring (285 instances in 14 translations)
- Offspring's (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Animal Offspring
- Animal Sacrifice, Free Will Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Heave Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Meal Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Peace Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Sin Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Trespass Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Wave Offering
- Burnt offering
- Cutting Off Branches
- Cutting Off Hands And Feet
- Death Of Office Holders
- Divine Assistance, Offered
- Fellowship Offering
- Food Offered To Idols
- Freewill Offering
- Grain Offering
- Guilt Offering
- Incense Offered Amiss
- Knowing About God's Kingdom
- Making Cereal Offerings And Libations
- Meat offerings
- Offences Against The Holy Spirit
- Offering Sacrifices
- Offerings, Figurative
- Offerings, Old Testamnent Kinds Of
- Peace offerings
- People Stripping Off
- Permitted To Eat Offerings
- Praise, Should Be Offered By
- Prayer, Offered With
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Regulations For Cereal Offerings
- Regulations For The Sin Offering
- Remaining Offerings
- Sin Offering
- Spiritual Offspring
- Thank Offering
- Thanksgiving, Offered
- The Saints, Without Offence
- Those To Be Cut Off From Israel
- Wave Offerings
- Drink offering