'Presence' in the Bible
And they trespass against the God of their fathers, and go a-whoring after the gods of the peoples of the land whom God destroyed from their presence;
Some of the Kohathites' relatives were responsible for preparing the rows of the bread [of the Presence] every Sabbath.
So all the elders of Israel came to the king at Hebron. David made a covenant with them at Hebron in the Lord's presence, and they anointed David king over Israel, in keeping with the Lord's word through Samuel.
So the Three Warriors broke through the Philistine ranks, drew some water from the Bethlehem well that was next to the city gate, and brought it back to David. But David refused to drink it, poured it out in the LORD's presence, and
David said, "I would never do such a thing in the presence of God! How can I drink the blood of these men who risked their lives?" For they brought it at the risk of their lives. So he would not drink it. Such were the exploits of the three warriors.
The following were the men who came to David at Ziklag while he was still banned from the presence of Saul son of Kish. They were among the warriors who helped him in battle.
David and all of Israel were dancing in the presence of God with all of their might with songs, harps, tambourines, cymbals, and trumpets.
Then the Lord's anger burned against Uzzah, and He struck him dead because he had reached out to the ark. So he died there in the presence of God.
They brought the ark of God and placed it inside the tent David had pitched for it. Then they offered burnt offerings and fellowship offerings in God's presence.
In the presence of the ark of the LORD, he appointed some of the descendants of Levi to minister continually by remembering, giving thanks, and praising the LORD God of Israel.
The priests Benaiah and Jahaziel played the trumpets continually in the presence of the Ark of the Covenant of God.
Seek the Lord and the strength he gives! Seek his presence continually!
Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in his place.
Recognize the glory that is due the LORD! Bring your offering, and come into his presence, worshiping the LORD in all of his holy splendor.
Tremble in his presence, all the earth! Surely the inhabited world stands firm it cannot be moved.
Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the LORD, because he cometh to judge the earth.
Later David left the presence of the Ark of the Covenant of the LORD so Asaph and his fellow descendants of Levi could serve the ark there continually each day, doing whatever was required.
He left Zadok the priest and his relatives at the Tent of the LORD at the high place in Gibeon, where they ministered in the LORD's presence,
and I am with thee whithersoever thou hast walked, and I cut off all thine enemies from thy presence, and have made for thee a name like the name of the great ones who are in the earth.
Then King David went in, sat in the Lord's presence, and said, "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my house that You have brought me this far?
And who is as Thy people Israel, one nation in the earth whom God hath gone to ransom to Him for a people, to make for Thee a name great and fearful, to cast out from the presence of Thy people whom Thou hast ransomed out of Egypt -- nations?
Since You, my God, have revealed to Your servant that You will build him a house, Your servant has found [courage] to pray in Your presence.
Furthermore, it has pleased you to bless the dynasty of your servant, so that it will continue in place forever in your presence, because when you, LORD, grant a blessing, it is an eternal blessing."
David said to Solomon, My son, it was in my heart to build a house to the Name and [for the symbol of] the Presence of the Lord my God.
He shall build a house for My Name and [the symbol of My] Presence. He shall be My son, and I will be his father; and I will establish his royal throne over Israel forever.
"Isn't the LORD your God with you? Hasn't he surrounded you with comfort? He has delivered the inhabitants of the land into my control, and the land lies subdued both in the LORD's presence and before his people.
Amram's sons: Aaron and Moses. Aaron, along with his descendants, was set apart forever to consecrate the most holy things, to burn incense in the presence of the Lord, to minister to Him, and to pronounce blessings in His name forever.
as well as the rows [of the bread of the Presence], the fine flour for the grain offering, the wafers of unleavened bread, the baking, the mixing, and all measurements of volume and length.
Whenever burnt offerings are offered to the Lord on the Sabbaths, New Moons, and appointed festivals, they are to do so regularly in the Lord's presence according to the number prescribed for them.
and Nadab dieth, and Abihu, in the presence of their father, and they had no sons, and Eleazar and Ithamar act as priests.
The secretary, Shemaiah son of Nethanel, a Levite, recorded them in the presence of the king and the officers, Zadok the priest, Ahimelech son of Abiathar, and the heads of families of the priests and the Levites. One ancestral house was taken for Eleazar, and then one for Ithamar.
These likewise cast lots over against their brethren the sons of Aaron in the presence of David the king, and Zadok, and Ahimelech, and the chief of the fathers of the priests and Levites, even the principal fathers over against their younger brethren.
But God said to me, You shall not build a house for My Name [and Presence], because you have been a man of war and have shed blood.
Therefore, in the presence of all of Israel, the assembly of the LORD, and while our God is listening, observe and search through all of the commandments of the LORD your God, so that you may continue to possess this good land, leaving it for an inheritance forever to benefit your descendants who come after you."
the weight of gold for each table for the rows [of the bread of the Presence] and the silver for the silver tables;
King David also rejoiced greatly. Then David blessed the LORD in the presence of the entire assembly. David said, How blessed you are, LORD, the God of our ancestor Israel, from eternity to eternity!
For we are foreigners and sojourners in Your presence as were all our ancestors. Our days on earth are like a shadow, without hope.
O Lord our God, all this store that we have prepared to build You a house for Your holy Name and the token of Your presence comes from Your hand, and is all Your own.
Then David told the entire assembly, "Bless the LORD your God, please." So the entire assembly blessed the LORD God of their ancestors, bowing their heads and falling in the LORD's presence and before the king.
They ate and drank with great joy in the Lord's presence that day. Then, for a second time, they made David's son Solomon king; they anointed him as the Lord's ruler, and Zadok as the priest.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (38)
- Exodus (58)
- Leviticus (65)
- Numbers (60)
- Deuteronomy (72)
- Joshua (31)
- Judges (23)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (41)
- 2 Samuel (41)
- 1 Kings (48)
- 2 Kings (36)
- 1 Chronicles (40)
- 2 Chronicles (46)
- Ezra (4)
- Nehemiah (9)
- Esther (18)
- Job (18)
- Psalm (76)
- Proverbs (14)
- Ecclesiastes (6)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (37)
- Jeremiah (40)
- Lamentations (5)
- Ezekiel (21)
- Daniel (13)
- Hosea (1)
- Joel (4)
- Jonah (3)
- Micah (4)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (2)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Zechariah (11)
- Malachi (3)
- Matthew (13)
- Mark (2)
- Luke (18)
- John (13)
- Acts (18)
- Romans (5)
- 1 Corinthians (7)
- 2 Corinthians (13)
- Galatians (2)
- Ephesians (5)
- Philippians (3)
- Colossians (2)
- 1 Thessalonians (8)
- 2 Thessalonians (4)
- 1 Timothy (4)
- 2 Timothy (3)
- Hebrews (6)
- James (3)
- 2 Peter (5)
- 1 John (4)
- 3 John (1)
- Jude (1)
- Revelation (19)
- Presbytery (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Prescribe (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Prescribed (68 instances in 12 translations)
- Prescribedst (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Prescribes (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Prescribing (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Prescription (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Present (734 instances in 14 translations)
- Present-day (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Presentability (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Presentable (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Presentation (33 instances in 5 translations)
- Presented (203 instances in 13 translations)
- Presenter (6 instances in 1 translation)
- Presenteth (9 instances in 3 translations)
- Presenting (52 instances in 12 translations)
- Presently (29 instances in 9 translations)
- Presents (95 instances in 13 translations)
- Preservation (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Preserve (85 instances in 13 translations)
- Preserved (44 instances in 13 translations)
- Preserver (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Preserves (21 instances in 9 translations)
- Preservest (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Preserveth (15 instances in 4 translations)
- Preserving (14 instances in 7 translations)
- Preside (10 instances in 5 translations)
- Presided (6 instances in 2 translations)
- President (9 instances in 5 translations)
- Presidents (7 instances in 7 translations)
- Presides (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Presiding (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Press (50 instances in 13 translations)
- Press-measures (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Pressed (64 instances in 13 translations)
- Presses (11 instances in 13 translations)
- Presseth (11 instances in 4 translations)
- Pressfat (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Pressing (24 instances in 11 translations)
- Pressure (19 instances in 11 translations)
- Pressured (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Pressures (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Pressuring (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Prestige (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Prestigious (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Presume (12 instances in 12 translations)
- Presumed (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Presumes (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Presumeth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Presuming (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Presumption (10 instances in 5 translations)
- Presumptious (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Presumptuous (16 instances in 11 translations)
- Presumptuously (12 instances in 11 translations)
- Presumptuousness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Admission Into God's Presence
- An Overpowering Presence
- Clouds, God's Presence
- Death Due To God's Presence
- Driven From God's Presence
- Exclusion From Godâ€™s Presence
- God's Omnipresence
- God, Presence Of
- In Men's Presence
- Leaving God's Presence